Need to know who is the new Mac?

P7rancher

Newly Enlightened
I do not visit the forums often, unless I need something. Came back yesterday and discovered Mac is MIA. I wanted to order another light from him, a tri EDC in titanium. My copper tri is my favorite light, period.

So here is my question, who do you order a comparable light from?

Please help, as I love the Tri format.

Thanks

calflash

Enlightened
I too am REALLY bummed that Mac no longer wants to make lights. I think he has always charged the wrong price for the quality light he produced(on the cheap side). I wish he would make them again and charge a more accurate price so that it would be profitable for him.

I haven't found a comparable light but I have recently ordered another lux-rc FL-33 which is a great light with the triple format. Maybe they would be able to help in your quest for another interesting triple.

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Lux-rc FL-33 is a well designed and sexy looking BUT you will have to wait a lot longer than you expect. One of mine is more than 2 years and the clip is not even arrived yet.:popcorn:

calflash

Enlightened
Sorry to hear that! Are you waiting on something special? The most recent one I ordered was a close out with old firmware on the special page so hopefully my wait isn't too long. I bet the wait is worth it for the clip though - the old one didn't satisfy me. Do you have the new 361 LE with the beacon led that doubles as a close range flood?

IsaacL

Enlightened
If I'm not mistaken he skipped 351 and 361 entirely. 371 is scheduled for release in September. Keep in mind a bunch of deadlines have come and gone...

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Gazing into my crystal ball, there will be somebody somewhere releasing some new triple lights in the future :)

calflash

Enlightened
Hey IsaacL,
sorry to continue off topic but can you post or pm where you are keeping up with lux-rc developments? I would like to follow their changes a little more closely.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Rumour has it that there's another guy offering triple EDC style lights that will help to fill a similar niche to Mac's.

This guy is definitely no saint though! :devil:

bubble

Enlightened
What does the rumour say?
Who's that mysterious guy?
I am so curious..

IsaacL

Enlightened
Can you post a link or a picture of those (assuming there is one)?

I'm working on something you guys would like but that's all I'm willing to say at this point...

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
TnC Triple at RMSK
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-XPG-2-amp-Ultra-Lux-18350-Triple-Nichia-219B

Sinner-cpf Triple
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...r-Flashlight&p=4561340&viewfull=1#post4561340

A couple shots of the Cypreus II (on right in first pic)

tmac-sinner.jpg

and mixed in the a few other coppers...
copper-mid.jpg

IsaacL

Enlightened
Thought I'd mention that a certain guy named Luter makes some amazing triple torches.

You can add his name to the growing list:
Lux-RC
Oveready
Tana (Surefire conversions)
Sinner
TnC

greatabpe

Newly Enlightened
I have a quad 26650 from luther,a tri edc from sinner, and an ODL from oveready.All three are quality flashlights. Luther is also the only person out there that I know of that makes angle triple lights.

benchrest

Newly Enlightened
I contacted Luter recently to enquire about an angle light in bare Ti. He will no longer make a top clicky due to the high amount of work involved. Bottom clickies are a go, unless I am mistaken. Thought I'd chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums