Painting a P60 GITD.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Best way to paint a solarforce L2M GITD?I see glow in the dark spray paint but some say it suck's, I thought maby normal paint but might be a bad finish how would you do it?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
'Best' can be a pretty high standard on CPF. This solution requires professional tools and materials and costs many times the value of a new solarforce:

6P-GID-W.jpg

9P-GID-W.jpg

C2-GID-W.jpg

C3-GID-W.jpg

Z2-GID-W.jpg

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
So no way to DIY it to an acceptable standard but not professional result?

Was hopeing I could paint it with some V10 or something maby.

Any of those above hosts for sake how much or are they the discontinued one I was told about in another thread?

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Biggest problem with the high quality gitd compounds is that they are very course. Even mixed with epoxy, often you can feel the glow medium under the surface.... kinda like a sandpaper.
You may want to look into just applying small rings, dots, gaskets, tape and switch boots rather than the whole light.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're quite welcome. Most full gitd objects are molded plastic with gitd embedded.
That's why most of us use gitd accents and tritium vials. A little creative machining goes a long way. :)
Take a look at the "lights with trites" and "show your gitd lights/projects" threads. LOTS of ideas there!