Show off your little lights!

magellan

Honorary Aussie
By "little" I mean something smaller than AA format in alkaline or NiMH or smaller than a CR123A in lithium ion.

I have a few AAA lights but most of what I show here is CR2, 14250, 10280, and 10180 size.

Missing in the photo is my Tain Ottavino 10280 which I just bought but hasn't arrived yet in the mail.

All these lights are different. The 3 Muyshondts in the middle that look similar are an Aeon Mark I & II and an Ion. The two lights to the left of the Muyshondts that look similar are a Nitecore Sens Mini and a Nitecore EZ.

imagejpg1_zps16fb4b3b.jpg

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Very very nice collection there:thumbsup:,i like those a lot:)

I only have a couple of small lights,both 10180 fed,DQG spy and fairy,spy on keys

For size the brass fairy next to AAA lights

Fairy in the mouth of the mm15vn

Blooming marvellous

:)

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just been to my local electrical wholesaler,wish i had my camera they had a wonderful display of little lights.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Great photos of your lights.

I have a mm15vn too that I recently picked up.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Interesting that a photo shop had such a nice collection. We're they mostly AAAs?

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Just been to my local electrical wholesaler,wish i had my camera they had a wonderful display of little lights.

Well mr mcnair ,you should have gone to your local camera shop 1st :nana: :laughing:

No edc of phone for camera ?

I look forward to the return banter:thumbsup:

ven

Flashaholic
Great photos of your lights.

I have a mm15vn too that I recently picked up.

Thank you and yes its a great light the mm15vn,i hope you enjoy it as much as i do,amazing WOW light.

Unfortunately most are either AAA or AA(10440/14500) fed in my collection as an on me edc i prefer(in coat etc),on keys i prefer smaller due to size/weight
"Just some" of my small shiny lights,but not smaller than AAA

Mr yoyo will be along at some point,and grace us with his family of small lights(dont say collection,its a family);)

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Nice set of AAs (which really qualify as "little lights" too).

Yes, I really like my mm15vn. It's a beast.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Thanks. I look forward to it.

Aficianadoes of tiny lights will no doubt note that my collection is missing a few things like a Drake and Draco but I plan on rectifying that soon. :) Would love to find an Exolion too.

The one light I show that might be unfamiliar for EDC use is the thick barreled black light to the right of the AAAs in the photo. That's because it's a Lumintop X10 CR2 pistol light that I removed from the gun rail mounting clamps and actually works pretty well as an EDC light, except that it's thicker and heavier than most of my CR123A lights because it's built like a tank. But it doesn't have any thermal issues like the MJP Extreme Micro in the photo, which gets pretty hot, which I attribute to all the extra metal.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Hay there mr yoyo,:cool:that would be great in the" you know when your a flashaholic..........." thread:)

Cut meeting short or avoided meeting to post pics of my awesome small family of lights :laughing:

;)

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well mr mcnair ,you should have gone to your local camera shop 1st :nana: :laughing:

No edc of phone for camera ?

I look forward to the return banter:thumbsup:

Of course i could have used the camera on my phone if i only knew how it worked.:nana:,presume it is very much like a torch stick a battery in and press for on but which pocket would i keep the multi meter in as i am sure the experts will be measuring the batteries before taking a picture.:devil:

ven

Flashaholic
Of course i could have used the camera on my phone if i only knew how it worked.:nana:,presume it is very much like a torch stick a battery in and press for on but which pocket would i keep the multi meter in as i am sure the experts will be measuring the batteries before taking a picture.:devil:

:laughing: like it!!!

I dont have enough room for a MM with my 5 edcs:nana:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Awesome collection of sub AAA and AAA lights!

Your photo reminded me that I need to get a DQG Spy.

Also what are the two little copper lights?

I'm still learning the ropes on these tiny lights. There's more there than meets the eye. :)

Fans of little lights will no doubt recall this thread which I found very enlightening:

http://www.lygte-info.dk/review/Review below AAA UK.html

Last edited:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2 little lights were from a run by a guy from a German light forum. He started with the Lumentop copper Worm and several of us convinced him to do a run for Maratac AAA lights. They are sweet.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Ahhh. No wonder I didnt recognize it. Sweet.

I recently bought the regular AAA Maratac copper. Nice little light but I encountered a funny problem. It will accommodate my Duracell Coppertop alkaline batteries but my Tenergy and Sanyo Eneloop NiMH are too fat by a fraction of a millimeter. Weird.

But we're probably talking about 1/10th of a millimeter if that. Is it possible that NiMH rechargeables are just slightly bigger and I never knew about it until now? But none of my other AAA lights have this problem. I'm thinking of bringing this up on the battery forum.

Last edited:

Swede74

Enlightened
This is one area I could definitely improve in. I have some single AAA lights (the Fenix is for size reference in this picture) but when it comes to really tiny lights, my collection is quite meager, and a bit "I found it at the gas station for $1"-heavy :) I put the rubber cover on the Led Lenser to make it more toothfriendly, but after reading about what happened to a fellow countrywoman (she accidentally swallowed a fork) I'm very reluctant to hold a small light between my teeth.

DSCN1256.jpg