Strongest GID glow tape?

takman

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have first hand experience with a glow tape around 10-20mm wide that has very tacky adhesive but won't delaminate?

I have Tron style wheels going on my Yamaha Tricity scooter.

It's simply 12mm wide ebay glow tape that is charged by UV LEDs.

1. Problem is my first tape from "abcuv" in Romania was very good and thick tape (.5mm with backing), but the adhesive wasn't strong enough to keep the tape on the wheels.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glow-in-the...121340885025?var=&hash=item1c407af821&vxp=mtr

2. 2nd was a thinner tape (.3mm with backing) from "slionhkd" in Hong Kong with good adhesive but the thin layer of GID material actually delaminates off the backing when I wash the wheels.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Premium-Lum...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3cd111ef2b

I don't want to waste hundreds of dollars trying all the types on ebay since I suspect most other tapes are just the same but different sellers.
I thought about glow paint or powdercoat but then read the phospors eventually die.
So I like tape since I can just add new pieces to my wheels when needed.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Honestly I'd go with the newer strontium-based GITD paint, sometimes sold under the name "Europium." This is the next generation of GITD chemistry and it glows brighter and longer than the legacy zinc sulfide formula. Put a thin layer of clear coat on it and you should be good to go.

takman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! I will research Europium more.

I also searched the other threads and best bet for tape is 3M stuff, although pricey.
I guess once my cheap tape runs out I will try somethign else.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sell commercial tapes including blue light industry products and be warned they do not come cheap.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
the strongest gitd tape does not come in form of tape, exit\fire extinguisher gitd signs are foil based and have very strong glue base. i have used it many times, in many applications, including outdoors. all stay put. the trick is to remove the letters from the gitd sheet, they are painted with very strong paint, but if you use gel type paint remover, it comes off relatively easy, and does not harm the gitd coat in any way.