Batteries for Nikon sb910 and sb600

Tm98

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to find batteries for these speed lights for my wife. She is tired of buying batteries so often for her shoots.

What are a good option for longer lasting batteries that will keep up with the demand of multiple fires from the light when it's needed.

Redhat703

Enlightened
I have been using Eneloop AA's for my SB600. They work great and hold the charge for very long time. Costco sells them with a charger included.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best rechargeable option; Sanyo Eneloop or Sanyo XX.
I'd recommend the Maha C800S or C808M chargers. As long as you don't overcharge or over discharge the cells, they will not need replacing for a long time.

The best non-rechargeable option; Energizer lithium AA. They are expensive but great if you only use your flashgun occasionally.

Do not use alkalines. They only work for a few shots until the flash recycle time becomes unacceptably slow. NiMh rechargeables will give you many more shots per charge and much faster flash recycle times than alkaline.

Last edited:

Tm98

Newly Enlightened
Ok this is great info. I will have to get her some of the rechargeable option.

The alkalines are what she has been using and that is exactly what starts happening about the recycle times.