• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Tana eMt1 module for Surefire M1 IR Illuminator

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well... this has been on a list for a while but I guess it's about time to put it out for those interested...

Tana eMt1 module for Surefire M1 IR Illuminator

Beam profile is very similar to my Reflector mod (based on KX1/KX2 e-series heads) but due to narrowing just under the lens, some light is blocked in the process... it's still a beautiful beam profile (I'm a sucker with taking beam-shots)...

As all my mods, it can be ordered with different LEDs and driver setups...

Prices:

$78 eMt1 Nichia 219B 2.8-6V 1.4Amps Custom Modes (Best Neutral White and Color Rendition)
$78 eMt1 CREE XPG2 2.8-6V 1.4Amps Custom Modes (max output)
$78 eMt1 CREE XPE2 2.8-6V 1.4Amps Custom Modes (max throw)
(one set of modes, 2/3/4 modes per wish, with or without memory, optimized for single li-ion cell)

Can be ordered with different driver as well... Boost driver optimized for 3V (single CR123) with pre-set Low/Med/High with Memory is extra $12... also, above driver flashed by German genius with his MumboJumbo (fully programmable) driver is extra $12...

This is a module - you need to open your M1 (heat up the bezel, use some strap wrenches to unscrew then clean up threads from threadlock), remove stock IR module, IR lens/filter and fat o-ring from the bezel then install this module - no modification needed for the host so no need shipping my way... Since the M1 host remains stock, it's easy to remove the module and convert back to stock IR setup...

And now, the photos:

Last edited:

Billbo

Newly Enlightened
Very nice work Tarik!
This would be a realy cool EDC lamp. Most of us don't have a use for the IR light, but the size factor is realy interesting.

I knew that my old M1 would inspire you :p

Icehole

Enlightened
Nicely done!
I think the M1 host might be a future replacement for the E1E's, as they continue to dry up!

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
Very cool product, i having waiting for something like this for while. Ideally interested in running a single output using a cr123a. Doesn't need to be crazy bright but would like good color rendition. Looks like the Nichia is the way to go. Do you offer a single mode driver?

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, everybody... I believe up to a dozen will be made, I'm not sure there are many M1's out there - but they sure are a nice looking host...

Very cool product, i having waiting for something like this for while. Ideally interested in running a single output using a cr123a. Doesn't need to be crazy bright but would like good color rendition. Looks like the Nichia is the way to go. Do you offer a single mode driver?

Well... I do have couple of single mode boost drivers that are safe for use with primary cells... it should give close to 1.5 hours of runtime on single CR123 primary and not that shy - almost 200 lumens with Nichia 219B (guessing here)...

Basically same driver as used in this SingLED:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...can-E-series&p=4510548&viewfull=1#post4510548

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
Thanks, everybody... I believe up to a dozen will be made, I'm not sure there are many M1's out there - but they sure are a nice looking host...

Well... I do have couple of single mode boost drivers that are safe for use with primary cells... it should give close to 1.5 hours of runtime on single CR123 primary and not that shy - almost 200 lumens with Nichia 219B (guessing here)...

Basically same driver as used in this SingLED:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...can-E-series&p=4510548&viewfull=1#post4510548

Ok I would like to order 1 single mode Nichia module. We can coordinate other details and payment via PM. Thanks

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice Tana! Makes me wish I didn´t sell my M1...... I always liked it´s form factor but what are you going to use the IR for anyway..... so it had to go.

You´ll need to update your sigline Tana ;) all the eMTs are missing.

Eric

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice Tana! Makes me wish I didn´t sell my M1...... I always liked it´s form factor but what are you going to use the IR for anyway..... so it had to go.

You´ll need to update your sigline Tana ;) all the eMTs are missing.

Eric

same here on all points

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man tana,
These are awesome.
I've always loved the m1 style light, but never needed ir.
I'm trying to move on from this hobby but when things like this show up
it's gets very difficult. lol
I may have to grab a 219b version and just wait around for an m1 to grab somewhere.
Very nice offering here my friend.

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
For what? Also, you either moved on or you are still into flashlights.... there´s no trying ;)

Eric

I hear ya.
But i inherited a corvette convertible that needs my money more and i've had a pretty good run here. It's hard to just quit cold turkey.
Believe me, it's very hard to leave here and move on, i just love a good flashlight, i cannot explain the fascination to flashlights.
Damn strange i tell ya.

Now back to the regular scheduled programming....

Last edited:

autogiro

Enlightened
Ok, first i have to say is hron is a heck of a flashaholic and a collector who I seriously respect!
Second, I've been checking this thread out and eyeballing the the 219b so…
I'm going to take the $78 eMt1 Nichia 219B 2.8-6V 1.4Amps Custom Modes (Best Neutral White and Color Rendition) 2 level High/Med please
Third, if Tana would consider building another 219b for hron I will sell him, hron, an M1 for a ridiculously low price that only he can offer.
Auto

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you auto for the kind words, very heartfelt for sure.
I have very much respect for you as well and tana as well.
You guys help make this hobby an enjoyable place to hang out at.
Man hours hanging out here? thru the roof. Fun?...priceless!!

Ill take ya up on the offer if im able to, havent owned an m1 yet.
We can take this to pm to work out the logistics.
Just shoot me a pm when you get a chance. :D

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys...

I apologize for slight delays but for the past few weeks I come and go in waves (lol) due to some health issues and private matters... but I give my best that modding doesn't suffer... :thumbsup:

Autogiro,

I marked you down for one per specs in your post... I'll PM you in few days when I'm closer to completion... PM me if your IR insert is BRASS or ALUMINUM (or even better, if you have a caliper, please measure inner diameter of the bezel, where the module slides in)... SF had variations in size over the years... for the first few I send out I want to make sure they are 100% fit...

Glad to see you around, hron61... I thought you left our hobby... :)

Thanks everybody for nice words, guys (in order of appearance: Str8stroke, nfetterly, Billbo, Icehole, greatscoot, Steve, tobrien, Eric242, Mr.Freeze)... :D