• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Reward: wanted dead or alive

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
reward for information leading to the discovery of this light ....last seen heading to down under to Australia

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Moby-****-Trinity&highlight=MOBY **** TRINITY

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those to guys hit a home run when they completed it !!! it was CRAZY Bright

onetrickpony

Enlightened
What gets me is that I just managed to build a light that puts out 2500 lumens, and they made something brighter in 2008 when you couldn't just buy this stuff off the shelf.

Edit: It is still a lot of work to build or modify a light, but what these guys were doing back then is just incredible.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
It certainly becomes less cost-effective to build customs like this as the state of the art progresses, but the individual touches people come up with when building customs will never be replicated in mass-production.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know what you mean, Griff. I sold a light a few years ago when my family fell on some pretty hard financial times. Wish I had it back more than anything. Unfortunately Lux Luthor won't return my messages for some reason. :(

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont have any understanding for these cheers now.
The osram eats way more power than actual led (at much higher voltage as a "plus") for about the same output.
And I can not even imagine how all the heat might be moved away.

Would it not be much easier, to have an "actual light" built with three-four XM-L2?
and cheaper, too?

from

Illum

Flashaholic
To an extent its not so much the output anymore... its the memory that clings to it. Like a loving old widower holding on to the old lady's dress, its sentimental value far outweighs the practical value.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
To an extent its not so much the output anymore... its the memory that clings to it. Like a loving old widower holding on to the old lady's dress, its sentimental value far outweighs the practical value.

+1. Very well put, indeed, illum.

I really feel for you, griff. I lost some customs that I will never get back. I hope it finds its way back to you.