3 unique tritium pendants: DNA helix, radiation, twisted cone lantern

takman

Newly Enlightened
I like tritium, but the 2 pieces I bought are pretty boring; very simple objects than can be CNC machined.
So I thought I could design something better and maybe sell some.
I have known about Shapeways for awhile so thought these would make good test prints.
As suspected the prints were slightly off as metal material is added back to the printed matrix.
So I had to drill out the holes for the tritium vials.
I also tried UV activated glue making these; it's pretty simple stuff.

DNA: This design uses 6 (1.5x6mm) alternating green, blue, and yellow vials that are twisted in a helix printed in matte black steel..

TriRad: This one uses 3 large (3x23mm pink color) tritium vials in a radioactive logo theme printed in stainless steel.

Witch Lantern: Probably my favorite since it was very hard to model in CAD. It has three (3x23mm) orange vials in a twisted upside down cone printed in bronze.

These are all one of a kinds.
I listed these on the Bay but found no interest with the prices I was asking.
I guess I will just keep them or give them away as gifts unless you PM me.
Sadly my prices have to be high because my CAD time is expensive, trit vials aren't cheap, and I had to pay 30% Thai customs tax on the Shapeways coming from the Netherlands to Bangkok.
I can't sell on this forum because I don't have enough posts, but I don't want to clog up other threads with BS.
I hope you like them and inspire you to design your own.

Last edited:

en2oh

Newly Enlightened
There is a certain irony in using a radioactive gas to represent DNA base-pairs :)
Where do you source your tritium vials from?
Doug