Jetbeam        
Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29697273747576777879
Results 2,341 to 2,367 of 2367

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Flashaholic*

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Quote Originally Posted by 18650 View Post
    It looks like I'll be waiting another year for a 5000K EDC from them. I wish ZL would simplify their CCT offerings and just go with 4000K, 5000K, 5700K and drop 4500K.
    Only if they stop using the garbage XP-L2 and use the XP-L HI (or maybe XHP35). I'd prefer 4000K over 4500K, but the current C's look like poop!

Flashaholic

I love 4500k too.

Quote Originally Posted by NPL View Post
    I love 4500k too.
    Another vote for 4500K, but the tint has to be good. I had to gamble a few times to nail it down and finally won. My SC64w 4500K is great, close enough to my Nichia lights.
    GOOD TINT!

I asked zebralight about their led choices, mainly for their aa lights, and why they donít use Nichia etc. here the response they gave me.
    o plans for any other LEDs that I know of in the near future.

The XP-L2 "c" was among the very few choices we had at the begining of 2017. The Nichia 219B was on the way out. The 219C is not efficient (at 4.2C/w) compared to XM-L2 (at 2.2C/w), thermally, which means that any high power 219C lights heats up very quickly. The 219C has a 3-step tint deviation and is not that much better, statistically, from the XP-L2 with the metal reflector/coating and the glass lens we have (especially the corning gorilla glass in some of our lights).

Sincerely,

ZebraLight, Inc.

2908 Story Rd. W

Back in 2013 I was told: We have been looking into 'n' lights for years, way before 'd' and 'c' lights. For various (supply/channel related) reasons, we've not been able to produce any Nichia based lights up to now. But that might change later this year. Stay tuned.
    GOOD TINT!

Quote Originally Posted by gurdygurds View Post
    The 219C has a 3-step tint deviation and is not that much better, statistically, from the XP-L2 with the metal reflector/coating and the glass lens we have (especially the corning gorilla glass in some of our lights).
    I've seen similar responses from Zebralight when other people have sent them the same thing. Indeed, Cree's 2-step binning is tighter than the 3-step Nichia usually offers (though if you buy a reel, you can get sextant bins). Thing is, in combination with Zebralight's optics, 2-step is a lie. (image credit: maukka)

Anyway, now the LH351D is an option, and we know that's good in the SC64c thanks to Bob_McBob. Since the early models had PWM ringing issues too, which has been fixed, they should just make an SC64c II with the Samsung emitter and driver update so people can tell them apart.
    Last edited by Zak; 10-12-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    Ceilingbounce - flashlight testing and runtime graphs for Android

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRodge View Post
    I love 4500k lol.
    My beef with 4500K as EDC is because indoor lighting doesn't match up with it (neither does midday sun honestly) and the other d lights are a little too frosty (floody) for EDC duty.

Quote Originally Posted by gurdygurds View Post
    I asked zebralight about their led choices, mainly for their aa lights, and why they donít use Nichia etc. here the response they gave me. o plans for any other LEDs that I know of in the near future. The XP-L2 "c" was among the very few choices we had at the begining of 2017. The Nichia 219B was on the way out. The 219C is not efficient (at 4.2C/w) compared to XM-L2 (at 2.2C/w), thermally, which means that any high power 219C lights heats up very quickly. The 219C has a 3-step tint deviation and is not that much better, statistically, from the XP-L2 with the metal reflector/coating and the glass lens we have (especially the corning gorilla glass in some of our lights). Sincerely, ZebraLight, Inc. 2908 Story Rd. W
    I mean that's the story but it's not like the Cree's have been amazing.

Yea I just asked and Iím passing along their response. After buying another SC53w Iím back to using it full time. Everything else is being ignored as the little zebra is so versatile. Perfect tint without any shift would just be the cherry on top, but I think the light is so good I wonít whine too much. 👍🏼

Well my been around the world zebra is on its way back to me at last. I donít ever want to go through this again! Sent to Texas at first and they knew I was UK. No big deal , but then they had to send China.....add another week to two on top of the two! Then week holiday and finally yesterday an update. Thankfully no $15 charge after the messing about, so that is appreciated. Also they did update me after the odd bit of pestering . Although not best pleased with time scale, prob 6 weeks+ it will be, they have come through so far. I was hoping the could swap out the cool LED(no biggie as itís a clean beam)for a 5000k xml2 easywhite. Did not seem interested, even with wanting to pay for it. Itís an older mk1, not anything new to add.

SC700d and SC64w HI are up for sale. H600x IV series are up as well.

I a limiting myself to just one, so I can't decide between the 64w HI and 700d. I'm leaning towards the 700.
    GOOD TINT!

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post

I a limiting myself to just one, so I can't decide between the 64w HI and 700d. I'm leaning towards the 700.
    Clearly the answer is to get every ZL ever made..

Hah, jokes aside, I think starting a 2170 collection is a no-brainer.

I wonder if they'll announce any other 2170 lights. Maybe a more compact SC71x? Maybe a different CCT?
    Right-angle is the right angle!

I think it will be the 700. CCT and CRI is perfect for me...on paper. Everyone seems to be saying the XHP 70.2 tint sucks, so I am holding off for now.
    GOOD TINT!

I think it will be the 700. CCT and CRI is perfect for me...on paper. Everyone seems to be saying the XHP 70.2 tint sucks, so I am holding off for now.
    The tint is very bad but am going to buy one because of the output..

Flashaholic*

I'm considering a SC64w HI, but I think I might wait for a review. I really want to know the throw, and how it compares to the SC600w HI. Right now, the sales page is missing the spec for the hot spot angle. (The SC600w HI has a 8 degree hot spot.)

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    I'm considering a SC64w HI, but I think I might wait for a review. I really want to know the throw, and how it compares to the SC600w HI. Right now, the sales page is missing the spec for the hot spot angle. (The SC600w HI has a 8 degree hot spot.)
    I envision an SC62d kind of spot with the Luxeon T, if you ever had one of those. Not real throwy, but more defined hot spot. With the 64's reflector I just can't imagine it being much like the SC600 HI. But I think that would be a good useful light either way.
    GOOD TINT!

I envision an SC62d kind of spot with the Luxeon T, if you ever had one of those. Not real throwy, but more defined hot spot. With the 64's reflector I just can't imagine it being much like the SC600 HI. But I think that would be a good useful light either way.
    My fav zebra.........................i might have said it once or twice

Flashaholic*

Yeah, I wouldn't expect too much throw in the 64's. For me the HI's are all about good tint and less tint shift.

Preorder on ZL website

SC700d 21700 XHP70.2 Neutral White High CRI Flashlight

H600c Mk IV 18650 XHP50.2 4000K High CRI Headlamp

H600d Mk IV 18650 XHP50.2 5000K High CRI Headlamp

H503w AA Neutral White Flood Headlamp

Quote Originally Posted by Tixx View Post
    Preorder on ZL website

SC700d 21700 XHP70.2 Neutral White High CRI Flashlight

H600c Mk IV 18650 XHP50.2 4000K High CRI Headlamp

H600d Mk IV 18650 XHP50.2 5000K High CRI Headlamp

H503w AA Neutral White Flood Headlamp
    Yes sir!
    GOOD TINT!

Saw the picture of the SC700 on the Zebralight website. Looks good, but definitely too big for pocket EDC. Looks like a scaled-up SC600 with wider head. It's not for me.

I preordered an SC64w HI though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    Saw the picture of the SC700 on the Zebralight website. Looks good, but definitely too big for pocket EDC. Looks like a scaled-up SC600 with wider head. It's not for me.

I preordered an SC64w HI though.
    I agree! Missed that new one there SC64w HI. Might get that.

It seems to me that although the SC700 has a single emitter, it might be a close rival to the Emisar D4S which has a quad-emitter-optic arrangement. It will be interesting to compare them.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    It seems to me that although the SC700 has a single emitter, it might be a close rival to the Emisar D4S which has a quad-emitter-optic arrangement. It will be interesting to compare them.
    That's exactly why I'm going for it. While it may not be a direct comparison, I often miss the UI and overall feel of the ZL after using my D4S for a while.
    GOOD TINT!

Flashaholic*

I noticed that the HI's no longer say that they use the XHP35 HI's, only the XHP35. This is on both the description and the spreadsheet.

I asked in he headlamp forum as well but thought Iíd ask in here.
    How well do the SC aa models do in the Headstraps for the H aa models? Im sure itís not ideal running a straight style zebra on the side of your head, but if itís ďgood enoughĒ I may just buy a strap for now to see how much use Iíd get out of a headlamp. Thanks

I see that Zebralight have a new AA-powered headlamp in the form of the H503w. I wonder if we'll see a H503c soon? The fact that it is a Cree doesn't bother me in a mule where tint-shift is much less an issue.
    Last edited by MikeSalt; Yesterday at 04:51 AM.

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29697273747576777879