Green main beam Predator Night time Hunting Light recommendation ArmyTek?

tnek13

Newly Enlightened
I would appreciate your help. I have searched through the last 20 pages of recommendations. I actually learned a lot - thanks to everybody who posted and answered. I am looking to buy a long range throw type light to hunt at night (not poach, hunt coyotes ). First I need a light to mount on my rifle, then a search type light to scan the area.

The rifle light needs to allow me to focus on the animal. There are several white lights that have been recommended, but I am looking for a green one.

ArmyTek has a standard Predator V2.5 with a XP-E2 (green tint). Are there any opinions on this light?

Also if it is mounted on a .223 or 6.5 Creedmoor will it take the recoil?

What batteries can handle recoil? I asked this since one post pointed out that recoil could damage protected rechargeable 18650s.

Where I hunt 100 to 350 yard shots are possible and I do practice at those yardages but I need to be able to see the prey to shoot it ArmyTek gives a useful range of 200 to 300 meters. Anyone have any experience with this light at those yardages?

The rifle will wear either a Nightforce or Leopold or Vortex scope - depends on what works best with the light.

Hey, if there is a better option please let me know. Thanks in advance for your time and information.
icon7.gif

Jmac79

Newly Enlightened
Quite a few sellers that offer hunting lights you could take a look at. Most of the lights offered all seem to use the 18650 batteries and seem to hold up pretty well to the recoil. You should be able to get a green or red light like you want.

Killzone Flashlights
Wicked Lights
Elusive Wildlife

What is your budget?

tnek13

Newly Enlightened
Jmac79 thanks for the reply. Wicked Lights W402ZF is a current consideration. They do not list the type of emitter they just say green. Their 400 series uses the Q5 and has replaceable modules. I was hoping that some of the members here could direct me towards the latest and greatest green throwers. I have seen some pretty impressive beam shots. Wicked has a great reputation in the Predator Hunting Community, but the guys here seem to know why things work and I just like to learn. Thanks again for the response.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
ArmyTek has a standard Predator V2.5 with a XP-E2 (green tint). Are there any opinions on this light?

There's a couple active threads about green light night hunting right now. Pred 2.5 green is definitely one of the better ones.

There's a YT vid of a guy smashing a coconut with one. :)

Where I hunt 100 to 350 yard shots are possible and I do practice at those yardages but I need to be able to see the prey to shoot it ArmyTek gives a useful range of 200 to 300 meters. Anyone have any experience with this light at those yardages?

In the close woods and hills around here, I'll never get more than 100 yards usually. Anyway the big combo is night-adapted vision and don't accidentally shine a nearby object and flash your night vision. IMHO, it matters more than the light.

The rifle will wear either a Nightforce or Leopold or Vortex scope - depends on what works best with the light.

Something to consider is the position of the light versus the scope. I prefer under the fore end rather than on the scope. It glares into the scope, guess you could say. You might not even actually mount the thing, placing it in your hand along the fore end of the rifle and hit the switch with your pinky finger.

Hey, if there is a better option please let me know.

Adding to the above mentioned lights, "One Stop Throw Shop." Hunting opinions vary wildly. What one says is too bright and it spooks game, another says is just fine. IMHO, technique matters more than the specific equipment.

tnek13

Newly Enlightened
more vampires - thank you for your reply. I checked out the One Stop Throw Shop site and it was nice. Definitely something to consider. The gun attachment is also welcome I was going to mount it on the forearm either under or side. Your night vision suggestion is true, experience from walking to deer stands not night hunting, although I did coon hunt one about 40 years ago just a maglight and coon hounds. Thanks again

sanders

Newly Enlightened

I use the Armytek Predator 2.5 Green with a 9.3 X 62 with a standard mount and the flashlight has absolutely now problem with the recoil.

Regards,
Michael

fomgie

Newly Enlightened
I would appreciate your help. I have searched through the last 20 pages of recommendations. I actually learned a lot - thanks to everybody who posted and answered. I am looking to buy a long range throw type light to hunt at night (not poach, hunt coyotes ). First I need a light to mount on my rifle, then a search type light to scan the area.

The rifle light needs to allow me to focus on the animal. There are several white lights that have been recommended, but I am looking for a green one.

What batteries can handle recoil? I asked this since one post pointed out that recoil could damage protected rechargeable 18650s.

Hey, if there is a better option please let me know. Thanks in advance for your time and information.
icon7.gif

I apologize for bump an old topic from the dead, just have a few interesting things from personal experience, maybe someone will need this information in the future.
Most white LED's have a relatively poor spectral power distribution when it comes to certain filters - particularly red and, to a slightly lesser extent, green. For example, the cool white Cree XM-L2 found in many new lights (including Streamlight's HL3,) only has a relative radiant power of about 30-40% in the green wavelength interval. If you decide to go with a white LED based light and a green filter you should be prepared for a substantial decrease in output.
If your main criteria is longest throwing green light then you might want to look into the Night Master Green from OSTS (OneStopThrowShop.) While it doesn't come with a built in mount and is at least twice as heavy as the TLR-1 GS it does offer ~90,000 candela to the Streamlight's 31,000. If the Night Master https://bestoutdooritems.com/predator-hunting-lights-reviews/ is a bit too extreme then I know Armytek makes a green version of their Predator light but it is multimode if that happens to be a deal breaker.Yesterday I found a very interesting video on this topic on Youtube, I think someone can come in handy. I hope this helps! Good Luck.