Recommend A Good Dress Belt For Me

BruiseLee

Enlightened
I'm sick of going through cheap dress belts that don't hold up. I have wasted money on a dozen belts where the leather tore, the metal prong broke, etc. I have to dress up for work, so a Wilderness Instructor type belt would look ridiculous. I have 2 Amish belts from Hank's Clothing, and they are nice, but too thick, they make me look chucky. Hey, I work in Beverly Hills, so you can never look too thin. Since I work in California, ability to support a holster is not an issue. So, I need something that's going to look classy and that's going to hold up.

nbp

Flashaholic
Saddleback Leather belts are amazing and will hold up to whatever you can possibly throw at them and they look nice too.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I buy my belts from www.bullhidebelts.com which are real belts that hold up very well.
I wear holsters, and keychain cllips daily, and the Bullhide belts are not showing the wear and tear the other belts use to show immediately.
These are VERY HIGH QUALITY!!!!!!

Julian Holtz

Enlightened
Try one of these, and you will never go back to belts with a normal buckle:

https://www.slidebelts.com/

Mechanism:

http://i.imgur.com/mhuMZyc.png

5CHByYZ.jpg

This kind of slidebelt has a narrow pattern on the back like a zip tie. The buckle has a notch engaging in the pattern, so you can pull it tight like a zip tie. If you lift the frame of the buckle which is shaped like a horizontal "U", the notch retracts, and you can loosen the belt. Not only can you adjust it in much finer increments than belts with holes, you also can do it in a second without rummaging around like with a normal buckle. You can do it while sitting in a meeting or at a dinner, noone will notice. All while doing this, the belt stays put, meaning you don't need to bend the leather strap. This means it does not wear out.

I like this belt so much. You will slap yourself againt the head about how clumsy normal belts feel in comparison after trying it. It's an experience like going from a plastic incan flashlight to the ones we are proud of in here.

You can get them on ebay for $30 with minor blemishes. A small price for such beautiful engineering.

Last edited:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been over a year, and the belts I bought from www.bullhidebelts.com still hold up great with no wear marks from the steel clips from my holster & keychain that i wear daily. Even the holes for the belt buckle still looks new. Now this is what I call REAL AMERICAN QUALITY PRODUCTS!!!!!
I buy my belts from www.bullhidebelts.com which are real belts that hold up very well.
I wear holsters, and keychain cllips daily, and the Bullhide belts are not showing the wear and tear the other belts use to show immediately.
These are VERY HIGH QUALITY!!!!!!