Noctigon Meteor M43

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just saw some pictures of the Noctigon Meteor M43 flashlight prototype which is scheduled to release at the end of March. Looks to be the first flashlight manufactured by Noctigon. Noctigon is well known among flashlight modders as a maker of direct copper LED stars.

No info on runtime, output UI or price yet (though I'd guess around $200, as the Noctigons and emitters alone would cost $80). The listing showing pictures of the prototype is up at International Outdoors. Richard at Mountain Electronics has also said he'll carry them when they're out.

From the pictures and descriptions, here's what is known:
* Looks similar to the Zebralight S6330 in external appearance, styling, and size (though can't tell for sure without measurements).
* Bezel and tailcap are black. Body is anodized aluminum available in white or grey.
* From the pictures, it looks shorter and stubbier than other multi-18650 lights on the market.
* runs on 4x18650
* Emitter arrangement: 12 emitters. Appears to be 4x20mm noctigon direct copper triple stars with 4x carclo triple-TIR optics.
* Emitter choices: 12x of one of the following 3 choices: CREE XPG2 S3, Nichia 219B high CRI, or dedomed XPL.
* Button appears to be translucent. My guess is the light has an electronic switch, probably with a low-voltage indicator light under the button.

Here are the pictures from the International Outdoors website:

Last edited:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! Are we moving from the "soda can" format towards the "tuna can" format? :crackup:

Don't get me wrong. I want one. It looks lumeniscious.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! Are we moving from the "soda can" format towards the "tuna can" format? :crackup:

Don't get me wrong. I want one. It looks lumeniscious.

We'll eventually be inserting batteries vertically, so that they stand up in a row parallel to the lens.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Noctigon Tuna Flood. I do like the look of that thing. First thought is heavy, love knurling and bright!

Probably not that heavy.

Format and size look similar to the Zebralight S6330 .... which basically makes it one of the smallest multi-18650 lights around. This thing is probably considerably shorter and lighter than competing name-brand lights like the Thrunite TN36. It's definitely not a pants-pocket EDC, but should be considerably more compact than other soda-can shape lights.

I wonder how hard-driven the output will be. It has the same emitter setup as Mountain Electronics upcoming mega-M6 (modded Supfire M6). If it's driven to max with a FET driver output could be as high 12,000 lumens out-the-front at startup with XPL emitters.

Also unknown if it has a thermal sensor chip or turbo timer to reduce output to prevent overheating. Hopefully a thermal sensor is used.

My guess is the price will be at least $200 and quite possibly more. The emitters and optics alone cost $100. Then throw in the driver, switch and the custom host, and the price only goes up.

Last edited:

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Subscribed for updates. It looks WAY short for 18650s though...or maybe the head is bigger than I think?

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's one tiny light. For a Quad Triple... Will be interesting to see how well it handles the heat, especially the XP-L variant.

I'm definitely interested in this Quad Triple in 219B. Will make a great tiny companion to my Triple Quad X40Vn. :p

recDNA

Flashaholic
Nah....too short. Would be really nice if 2x2 18650 to mke it longer. Love the head though.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol, you want it longer, I want it shorter. C'est la vie! :)

Yeah. I recall that on International Outdoors it's advertised as an "ultracompact 4x18650 turbo light".

Like the Zebralight S6330 it is clearly modeled after, the whole point of the design is to get as much functionality into as small a package as possible. It's for people who want massive light in a tiny package. If you're looking for the same brightness and battery setup in a bigger light, then this light is probably not the one for you.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got some new info on this light (cut and pasted from thread on BLF):

- up to 8500 Lumens Output (XP-L dedomed)
- 4*Carclo 10507 Optics
- Modes: Moonlight-Low-Mid-High-Turbo
- programmable Modes
- High 1,5A, Turbo 2A per LED
- High drain batteries needed
wink.png

- integrated low Voltage Detection
- integrated Temperaturecontrol

Estimated prices:
- XP-G2 158 US$
- Nichia 188 US$
- XP-L dedomed 218 US$

Price seems decent for the features.

easilyled

Flashaholic
It would be interesting if each quad could have a different emitter type, so 1 quad containing XPG-S2s, the second containing Nichia 219Bs, the third containing dedomed XPLs.