• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak Eiger QTC for nursing student?

hifi_hokie

Newly Enlightened
Hey all!

I've read a few threads where Peak lights were recommended to docs/nurses for pupillary reactions and general exam work...I realize a high-CRI Preon would do the same job, but I have a tendency to go overkill on small items like this :duh2: Does anyone have experience with Peak lights in a medical setting? I'm thinking the QTC version for adjustability, momentary switch and a pocket clip from DarkSucks. It's a lot more of a hit to the checkbook than a disposable, but it'd be nice to have a light I could use for other things, too.

Thanks!

hifi_hokie

Newly Enlightened
Any light with a high CRI would be applicable in a medical setting. The Peak Mules may be more appropriate because of the more even beam.

Do I have it right that the only way to get a Peak light now is with QTC? I've read about people with "#4" or "#8" lights and such, but I can't see an option to specify that on the Peak site (or even what that would mean, as far as lumens).

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get a non QTC. The best thing to do in your case may be to contact Robyn at Peak directly through email or Phone.
The other option is to talk to someone at Oveready, they may be able to get you into an Eiger with a Nichia, and the options you need.

hifi_hokie

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I'll contact Oveready. I've heard that Peak is pretty bad about getting back to emails, unfortunately :green:

I'd really like to try to support US-made stuff when possible, though. Especially if they're as well built as the Peaks seem to be.