how many lights do you carry?

Shaifnan

Newly Enlightened
Since a month orso i am edcing lights. Now i carry 3 lights on my ( Fenix LD02, LD22 and the PD35).

My question is how many lights do you carry and why? I see the need for a Light on a day to day basis. I think i am using the several lights for there lummens and sizes. But is this efficiënt?

I think with mine needs i can't carry one Light. I want low lummens a small Light to use quickly a bigger one for self defens and a high lummens one.

Am i crazy or is the search for a good Light a never ending story?

Last edited:

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
No you are not crazy. I too carry at least 3 lights on me. I edc either the HDS LE clicky/rotary or an Elzetta Alpha in my pocket during the day. Then I have an Elzetta Charlie in my bag. Reason for carrying it? Believe it or not, There are some dark areas during the day. Also, like to have it in case there is a power outage.

At night, I'll usually pocket carry the same light, and carry the surefire LX2 or the Elzetta bravo for mainly self defense and other tasks. I just bought a Fenix PD32 and I'll start to carry that at night. CR123A batteries are getting too expensive for me. Then, Il'll still have my Elzetta Charlie in my bag.

So, again don't worry. You're not the only one, and I am sure couple other CPF members agree the they EDC more than one light.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC an 18650 tube light mostly. Not the same one, I have several and like to switch and change. Occasionally I'll use a 14500/16340 light. Normally only EDC the same light for 2 days to 5 days at most.

I then carry a backup light on my keychain. Depending which car I'm in depends on which keychain light, typically a AAA of some kind. But an AA and 16340 twisty are small enough for this use.

So almost always 2 lights.

If I'm going somewhere that I know I'll want more light or more throw then I'll grab something else to put in my jacket pocket.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost always have a modded Fenix PD35 on my belt along with an LD01 in my Leatherman sheath. Then I carry a backpack a lot of places that contains an Armytek Wizard Pro Warm, a Nitecore TM06vn, and spare batteries for all lights. :)

I got tired of being places where I wished I had a light and didn't have the right one. On special occasions I sometimes also stick my TK75vnkt in the pack as well.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only carry one light most of the time - my FourSevens Mini123. It is ultra convenient, and has very good UI in my opinion. Low, med, high, with "hidden" modes of SOS, beacon, and strobe.

I'll carry another light (usually a Surefire L1 Lumamax) when I'm wearing a jacket, going camping, hunting, or other times when I know I'll be outside in the dark - in those cases I'll grab a bigger, tailswitch activated light.

Of course, I have a Surefire Fury in my car, and in my work laptop bag I keep a cheap backup light.

Last edited:

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an E05SS on my keychain, which is with me if I'm out of the apartment.

If I'm leaving the apartment I'll take at least one additional single-cell light with me, typically an LD02, LD09, or E12.

If I don't expect to be back before dark I usually add a larger light in addition to what's above, such as my E25.

And finally, if I'm leaving the apartment for what I call a "flashlight walk" I probably have seven or more lights on me!

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
1 in my pocket; I rotate my smaller (14500/18350) lights, which is currently the SWM V11R or Sinner's Ti Tri EDC.
1 in my bag; Usually my 18650 P60 lights....

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are not nuts. I usually leave the house with 5 or so. This doesn't count whats in my vehicle. lol However, my normal breakdown goes something like this*::::

On my person. Pant/coat/jean/short pocket = Fenix LD02 OR around my neck a lovely Tain 10280.

Key chain = Fenix Ti E99 or the AAA equivalent

EDC Murse
5.11 Tan Moab 6 containing the following EDC illumination ingredients (today):
Surefire P1R
Dark Sucks Beta V2
ArmyTek Tiara C1 Pro with headband removed and stashed in a pocket
4 spare SF CR123s nestled in a SF carrier
2 spare Energizer Lithium AAA's
1 Efest 10440 for entertainment purposes only

Cobra CA380 :grin2: j/k

*This is always subject to change on a whim. I change out the illumination tools all the time. I usually only carry 2 different type of cells. A variant of the CR123 or AAA. Keeping things flexible whilst having a plethora of lighting entertainment choices.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry a 47s Q-mini 123 and a Photon in my pockets and 2@ 47s q-minis (cr2& AA)on my walker for headlights if needed.

wjv

Enlightened
Technically only one.

Spark SG5 with the flood (pseudo-mule grey reflector) plus 3 spare batteries. . . (all enloops)

However. . .

I also carry 4 spare batteries in my work bag (Alkalines)

AND. . .

I keep a"get home" bag in the trunk of my car and it (currently) has a Fenix LD10 + 10 batteries (Alkalines) in the bag. The light itself is stored empty (no batteries in it).

Last edited:

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since a month orso i am edcing lights. Now i carry 3 lights on my ( Fenix LD02, LD22 and the PD35).

My question is how many lights do you carry and why? I see the need for a Light on a day to day basis. I think i am using the several lights for there lummens and sizes. But is this efficiënt?

I think with mine needs i can't carry one Light. I want low lummens a small Light to use quickly a bigger one for self defens and a high lummens one. Am i crazy or is the search for a good Light a never ending story?

Maybe you are.:) I carry one AAA light such as a Tank 007. It meets all my needs, and I only have one pocket, my left, to use for everything except keys. I carry very little in my shirt pocket as I have nitro tabs to carry there.

I have never found the need for another light on an edc basis. I don't carry a light for SD.
Jerry:)

ven

Flashaholic
Varies for me,i edtc(every day tool carry) at least 10 different lights in my roll cab. On me usually one,more i find a hindrance being honest,along with one on my person i have another on keys. I tend to wear combat type pants with 1001 pockets so its not too much of an issue but dont have need for more lights for my general uses.

I usually stick with 14500 or 16340 fed lights for size,more benefits from 18650 light due to run times...........just a tad too big for comfort ,again for me(everyone is different).

Crazy................yep you certainly would be if you were not forever searching for the perfect light:D ..............its part of the fun imho. I have many "perfect" lights for me,still not enough,still tempted with new lights coming out:crazy:

Carry 1 light,carry 5.................its not just the amount,it is what works for you;) and the best light you have is the 1 with you at the time in need..........or 3 in your case :laughing:

Better to have and not need than to need and not.........

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's kinda funny, I don't feel like I'm carrying a flashlight per se with my EDC and keychain lights. It's like, I'm not actually carrying a flashlight, I'm just... dressed. The includes a light and knife.

If I were actually carrying a flashlight, I'd have a larger light on me. :)

Like when you empty your pockets and one of the unenlightened asks "Why are you carrying a flashlight?" and you look right at your EDC gear like... "Where?"

LedTed

Enlightened
I carry both a NiteCore D11.2 and a Titanium Innovations IlluminaTi on my person.

In my EDC bag are a backup D11.2 and an EagTac D25AA as backup.

I carry two lights and duplicate my carry light set up because, "Two is one and one is none."

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not joking: 4 to 12 lights. If I'm expecting a power outage, perhaps more plus plenty of spare batteries.

...then I reach for my bug out bag. :naughty:

Once my pair of Fivemega "Double E" builds are ready, then that counts as an additional four lights. ...or is it two?

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will usually be carrying 2. One 18650 (ZL SC62d) or RCR/CR123a (Malkoff MDC or MDC lego) or 14500/AA (Klarus XT1A) primary light and one CR2 "back-up" light, simply because it's on my keychain. Most workdays, I carry two keyrings so...yup 3 lights, but the second "back-up" is a AAA.

That's EDC. Just 'cause, you know, it gets dark at night. Now, if I go out actually thinking I'm going to need a flashlight, then I'll have another light in addition to the above.

Dknight16

Newly Enlightened
Four. Haiku or D25C Ti on belt, button cell keychain light, SureFire 6P LED in bag, Cabellas XPG in car. Five if we are counting an iPhone. :grin2:

Last edited:

Fleetwood

Newly Enlightened
I only carry one light on my belt. For the last month I've been trialling the Nitecore P12 for work/personal use. I wanted to give it a fair trial and I gave it a long time, but I re-tried my Lenser T7M last night and found it more practical for my needs, so I'll be using that again now. Still fond of the Nitecore P12 though.

I also have a no-brand 4x D-cell light which I carry in my work rucksack. It's just like a big maglite but it's not a genuine one. I can put this is my trouser pocket if I feel I need to, I have modified my pocket to accomodate it by making the lining extra long inside. Nobody can tell from looking how big the torch is, it's deceptive, only the torch head is seen poking out of the top of the pocket.

So occasionally I will carry two lights at one time. But always one.

Then I have one of those keyring LED disc things that take thin watch batteries. That's just a backup, but it may take my total to 3, technically. A mobile phone as a torch would definitely be pushing the definition...