XTAR VC4 CHARGER-8.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 185
  • XTAR VC4 CHARGER-7.jpg
    XTAR VC4 CHARGER-7.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

1c3d0g

Newly Enlightened
EXCELLENT!!! This will probably retire my Xtar XP4 charger, once it's available. :cool:

ven

Flashaholic
I have a VC 2, wish I had have waited four the VC 4 :(

Norm

Hi Norm,

Or buy another vc2 and have flexibility of being able to charge 4 cells at 1a,thats what i did with the vp1 and vp2.:) Just a thought,only slight downside is of course 2 plugs,but if room then it works well for me.

I may get a vc4 for work use ,do like the look of this charger, and instead of using my little sp1(which is excellent) Having more 18650 lights in work than planned ,the more bays the better right now. I do miss the V readout in work ,as have no idea of the state of charge as you do with digital displays............

Norm

Retired Administrator
Thanks Ven I shouldn't be too concerned I have other chargers including my old Pilla, which still works fine.

Norm

kj2

Flashaholic
Was looking at the VC4 too, but then noticed it can't charge four batteries at 1A, something I can do with my XP4. And the VP4 also doesn't have four 1A slots.
So will stick with my VP1 and XP4 :)

ven

Flashaholic
It does look a nice 4 bay charger mr XTAR,would you consider making a vp4 II that could charge 4 cells at 1A,with display not too different than the vp2 for example. I know heat would be an issue,but even with some kind of heat sink or a tad larger to work(extra fan/s) etc

Options of various charge rates and even nimh support...........imho it would make an huge seller.

:)

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered the VC-4. I'm looking for a 5V/2.1A+ dedicated power supply for it, skipping the USB aspect altogether. What are the specs for the round plug portion of the power cable? Is it positive tipped? Is it a "Type M" barrel? What are the measurements of its outside diameter, and inner portion? Thanks.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are the specs for the round plug portion of the power cable? Is it positive tipped? Is it a "Type M" barrel? What are the measurements of its outside diameter, and inner portion? Thanks.

It's a standard DC barrel plug of 5.5mm outer diameter / 2.5mm inner diameter, centre positive. I just checked the polarity with my DMM to confirm that for you.

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
It's a standard DC barrel plug of 5.5mm outer diameter / 2.5mm inner diameter, centre positive. I just checked the polarity with my DMM to confirm that for you.

Thank you very much, zipplet! I appreciate that. Regards.

bdogps

Enlightened
I have not seen a VC2 tread so I will ask the question here instead of making a new thread. I recently bought a VC2 charger. It said the battery is fully charged, I take it out, and put it back instantly and it starts charging it again. I take that battery out and put it on my Nitecore intelicharger and its at it third bar and still charging. Is there something wrong with chargers or batteries? With my Intellicharger I2, once it says that it is charged and put it back, it still indicates it is fully charged. [emoji15]

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice charger! One thing I noticed is that you have to switch display between 1/2 and 3/4. Are there plans to show all 4 on a screen at once? Thanks!

bkling

Newly Enlightened
I have not seen a VC2 tread so I will ask the question here instead of making a new thread. I recently bought a VC2 charger. It said the battery is fully charged, I take it out, and put it back instantly and it starts charging it again. I take that battery out and put it on my Nitecore intelicharger and its at it third bar and still charging. Is there something wrong with chargers or batteries? With my Intellicharger I2, once it says that it is charged and put it back, it still indicates it is fully charged. [emoji15]
Check the termination voltage with multimeter.

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Very nice charger! One thing I noticed is that you have to switch display between 1/2 and 3/4. Are there plans to show all 4 on a screen at once? Thanks!
Maybe one day in the future, but not for these months :thumbsup:

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Sorry for the late reply. When a battery is charged full by VC2 and you take it out, the battery voltage will still drop just a little at around 0.01V, it depends on the internal resistant of the battery. When you put it back to VC2 instantly, the VC2 will analyze the battery and start the CV charging with a very small current to make sure the battery can be fully charged in the charger every time.
@bkling got a point and not every charger has a precise display screen or trickle charge detection. You can also check the battery voltage with multimeter to make comparison.
Thank you.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
This looks like a fantastic charger, I especially like the fact that it can charge NiMH as well as Li-ion, to just have one charger is such a good idea, the fact that this charger can use a USB power to charge is also a great idea, this way I can use solar power (which we have a lot of :) ), just one thing, how come it does not have a USB port to charge? Is it too difficult to do? That would be fantastic, I will be purchasing from a local dealer. Thanks Xtar!!

Raysbeam

Enlightened
I think it's a great design, I'm very impressed with Xtar products. I like that it's only 2x 1A because I don't like charging my smaller batteries with my 18650's when I have my XP4 charging at 1A.

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xtar rocks! I love my VC4 it is the best multi chem charger I have had. I got the 2.1 amp wal wart with it but now use a Verizon iPhone 6 5 volt 2.4amp travel charger USB. Now even with all 4 slots taken up by depleted high capacity cells it never falls below half an amp with the Verizon USB wal wart. Actually just bought a second VC4 and another Verizon 2.4 amp USB wal wart for it.