HDS NRA Blue Cerakote Group Buy Interest Thread

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
IT IS A GO.
Deadline for payment is May 30. There will be NO exceptions for missing the pay date! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Moved from Market Place

Many folks have expressed interest in an NRA Blue Cerakoted HDS light in the main HDS thread.
This is just an interest thread to see if we have enough folks to actually make it happen.
If there is enough interest, it will not become official until after February 15, 2015.

OK. Have to put down some group buy rules:
Rule #1 of Group Buy is do not PM Hogo.
Rule #2 of Group Buy is DO NOT PM Hogo.
Rule #3 If a light stops or goes limp, taps out the light is returned to HDS as it's covered by HDS's full lifetime warranty.
Rule #4 Only two guys to a light (that makes no sense at all. Buy your own. Don't share)
Rule #5 One light at time. (I'll only run one group buy at a time. I'm too old and have killed too many brain cells with Sailor Jerry to keep track of any more than that)
Rule #6 No shirts, no shoes. (but holsters are ok.)
Rule #7 Lights will go on as long as they have to. (Well, no. I'm putting a limit of a few weeks on this. You will find the deadline in post #1 when it's decided.)
Rule #8 If this is your first Group Buy, you have to buy!

Why Rule #1 and #2? Well, two reasons. First, everyone benefits from questions you may have, so just post them here. Second, my PM box fills up fast. If you need to get in touch with me outside the forum, my email is: hogokansatsukan (the symbol) gmail.com I have no problem answering emails, and if I don't respond within 24 hours, send it again.

Please post below if you would like this, and if so, what configuration you would like it in i.e. Clicky, Rotary, Tactical, etc.

1. Type of interface (Rotary, tactical, clicky, etc.)
2. Type of led (325 lumen, 250 lumen, 170 neutral)
3 Flush or extended tail.

Bezels would be Cerakoted so no choice there.

If there is enough interest for a group buy, we will make it happen.

Cost is $390 and an additional for the tubes below if you want an extended instead of 123.
add $49 for 2AA tube
add $42 for 18650 tube.

Shipping is $5.80 Conus, $23.50 international. I ship USPS Priority mail.

NO MORE XPL 4000K ARE AVAILABLE. IF YOU DIDN'T ALREADY ASK FOR... TOO LATE NOW. Only those listed below have an 4k XPL reserved.

Hogo

Interest:

1. Math466
Rotary, 123, 4k xpl, Flush

2. jonwkng PAID

3. NBP PAID
Clicky, 123, 325, Flush

4. fisk king
Clicky, 2AA, 4k xpl, Flush

5. notandyk PAID

6. str8stroke PAID
Clicky, (what battery tube?), 4k xpl, Flush

7. hombreluhrs PAID

8. froggytaco PAID
Rotary, 123, Forensic Blue, Extended, NRA Blue Cerakote

9. thud1023 PAID
Rotary, 123, Forensic Blue, Flush

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not NRA Blue, but I did get to the Cerakote place today for a meeting with Henry.
They did the samples in Crimson, and so far, it looks good. They have to do a little tweaking, and we will be back there on Tuesday to see if it will pass muster.
Here is a Crimson just to wet your appetite.

IMG_1456_zpsezk1lare.jpg

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, put #6/str8stroke down for a 123 Tube please!

This Crimson is looking tempting too! It looks nice from the 2D photo. How does it look in 3D?

Coating the button? Is that just due to it being a sample or is that the plan? Just curious. I thought that coating would flake off? I have never owned a Cerakote product.

redryder

Enlightened
Ah, put #6/str8stroke down for a 123 Tube please!

This Crimson is looking tempting too! It looks nice from the 2D photo. How does it look in 3D?

Coating the button? Is that just due to it being a sample or is that the plan? Just curious. I thought that coating would flake off? I have never owned a Cerakote product.

I'm pretty sure they also normally wouldn't coat the O-rings.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks very good in person.
the button, orings, and les of course get swapped out. They need to be there when Cerakoted though.
Ill update post 1 when I get home in a few days.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm thought the parts got cerakoted separately with bungs in the threads/open ends. Learned something new, must go through a fair amount of lenses, buttons and orings that way then.

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
It helps explain the cost to have a light properly cerakoted. There's quite a few extra steps involved compared to a "simple" anodized light.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they should throw in the old coated buttons and what not. It may be fun to play with. lol
Really cool.
Also, looks like we have another member (Froggytaco) interested. So that's good!

hombreluhrs

Enlightened
Hogo ..Do you know if the cerakote guys plan to do a sample in blue? Red looks great though ..

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
There will not be a sample Cerakote Blue NRA. Was at the Cerakote place today with Henry and inspected the redone Crimson lights. They seemed to get it right this time, so now waiting on a quote from the company.
Hopefully in a few days we will know what the cost is going to be and then can go ahead with this run.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
This run will be a definite GO.
Give me a week to get the other runs in order and then I'll make this official.

Hogo

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. So, it looks as though the other group buys should be wrapping up shortly. Once they are all shipped out, I'll go ahead with this one.
Because of the way the other group buys have gone, I'm thinking of making a bottle of rum per light part of the payment. Not sure that would exactly help though, but it couldn't hurt.... well, not until the morning.

Latest posts