TnC: Any Good?

Terrier1

Newly Enlightened
How are those TnC lights? I saw some mention of them a few days ago. Apart from their website, which is not great, the lights looked cool and seemed decent (and made in the USA, which I like). Why is it that I never see any mention of TnC lights amid the talk of Surefire/Fenix/Nitecore/FourSevens/etc.? Any reasons why they don't seem to be too popular with the flashlight community?

easilyled

Flashaholic
How are those TnC lights? I saw some mention of them a few days ago. Apart from their website, which is not great, the lights looked cool and seemed decent (and made in the USA, which I like). Why is it that I never see any mention of TnC lights amid the talk of Surefire/Fenix/Nitecore/FourSevens/etc.? Any reasons why they don't seem to be too popular with the flashlight community?

TNC are custom-made flashlights rather than mass-manufactured like Surefire/Fenix/Nitecore/FourSevens/etc. The lights are machined by one individual (Chris) who uses his own CNC-lathe to craft his own designs and his own materials. He has been doing this for a long time and is very adept at what he does. You should check out the "TNC Products" sub-forum here on CPF which is in the "CPF Custom Flashlight Builders and Modders" section.

Thud1023

Enlightened
I know I have said it already, but I am a huge fan of TnC lights. Build quality is top notch (I have 3 now, soon to be 4 : )..also customer service from Bob at RMSK, who sells them, is excellent. Chris' responsiveness and communication on any questions is also top notch. I would not hesitate to purchase any of these if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I concur with Thud 1023 that TnC build quality is excellent. The 750 Lumen rating from a 10440 cell seems incongruent when you first read it, but when I compare it with other lights rated 900 or 1,000 lumens, the TnC appears brighter. Since all of my TnC lights have been made from copper, their ability to handle heat is excellent and the size and spacing of fins appears to be meticulous and engineered with a high degree of accuracy. I highly recommend you try them. I will always have a few in my possession. Also, I tend to do a fair amount of trading and I can say they really hold their value too.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

boofingdragon

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a Ti 18350 with 18650 extender P60 host from TNC a month or so ago and am very pleased with the host. Chris at TNC was great to deal with and I am planning on copper host order very soon. The site may not be full of bells and whistles but what you see is what you get. The host I received was exactly as advertised. It is an impressive work of art to say to the least. Since that purchase I have picked up some high end custom ti lights from CPF sales threads and to be completely honest, my TNC is every bit the host as the others. It may not be a "custom" body but the millings and fit/function is impeccable. I have nothing but good things to say about the body Chris produced for me and his customer service.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are looking for a AAA sized flame thrower, here is a pic of mine. Nice light to have on the key ring!! Some pics for a size reference. Thats a FourSevens Quark CR123 & a 2 3/4 shell btw.

20140709_091331-1_zpsfb1bf4c8.jpg

Capolini

Banned
You guys are going to love me!!!

1. No complaints as far as how Bob handled my refund.Very professional

2. The reason I sent it back is because of solder "splatter" [FLUX-not dust!]on the dome itself next to the RED wire. It affected the beam profile slightly. However, I am NOT paying $180[Micro Lux turbo] for a light with a defect that could potentially cause other issues and also for cosmetic reasons.

3. It was how Chris handled it. HE never took any responsibility for the sloppiness of his employee.

It seemed that most of his reply was JUSTIFYING that it is OK and ACCEPTABLE to have something like this on your light as long as it works or until the light fails.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the light. I thought it was a neat little light with impressive output.

I am definitely satisfied with its replacement. A slightly bigger light, $60 cheaper w/ an additional 300/350 lumens.

Last edited:

rhpdchief

Newly Enlightened
Echo, echo, echo....

Chris is great to deal with, machining is fantastic. Work in Ti is fantastic....

Custom machinist, great electronics AND very responsive to email.....

Spot on! I really only follow TnC and one other builder these days. I've been so satisfied with my past couple of TnC lights that I haven't been checking these threads lately.
Bob is always there to chat and he ships super fast. My titanium micro-lux has been in my pocket every day since Bob shipped it to me. Oh, and Chris made a titanium 10440 extension for it at my request. Great people, great products, and great service.