• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

IMALENT DDT40-5180Lumens compass OLED infinite brightness flashlight, 2015 new model!

imalent

Enlightened
Hello, powerful DDT40.
IMALENT DDT40---5180Lumens+compass+OLED+infinite brightness with a touch
IMALENT DDT40---5180LM powerful flashlight with many outstanding features
The main advantages of this all-round flashlight:
I. Uses 4pcs CREE XM-L2 LEDs, and 2 pcs XP-L LEDs, output up to 5180lumens (4000+1180), super powerful flashlight with long runtime
II. New approach on adjust brightness, only need to touch the touch points on the touch screen
III. Remote control within 10 meters
IV. Instant Strobe and Turbo
V. OLED display can clearly show lumen output, battery voltage, battery status, compass and approximate temperature and humility
VI. Compass and temperature and humility can be seen without need to turn the light on.
Features:
Utilizes 4pcs CREE XM-L2 LEDs,and 2 pcs XP-L LEDs with a lifetime of up to 50,000 hours
Backlit touch screen panel facilitates convenient and discreet and infinite brightness adjustment.
Remote control from 10 meters away
Digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness
Electronic reverse battery protection Thermal control
Battery capacity indicator
Working voltage:2.8-9V
Optimized deep metal reflector maintains great throw distance and spread with an ideal beam pattern
Dimensions:139mm(length) x68mm(head diameter)x
50mm(tail diameter)
Weight:358g(battery excluded)
Aerospace-grade aluminum alloy body
Military Specification Type III- hard anodized
Ultra-clear tempered glass lens resists scratches and impacts
Accessories:O-rings, Holster, Screen protector ,Remote controller
1-141231212IH29.jpg

1-141231212641120.gif

1-1412312125491D.jpg

1-141231212601562.jpg

1-1412312125161Y.jpg

1-141231212A3M4.jpg

1-141231212FC55.gif

1-141231212H5427.gif

1-141231212923S3.jpg

1-141231212ZW52.jpg

1-14123121402M01.jpg

1-141231212Q0927.jpg

1-141231212R0122.jpg

1-141231212T3425.jpg

1-141231212S1525.jpg

For more details, please refer to http://www.imalent.com. At present, we are looking for distributors and dealers worldwide, feel free to contact us at [email protected].
We already have dealers in more than 40 countries, to purchase our flashlights at your local place is recommended. Feel free to contact us if you are unable to find the dealer in your country.

Best regards,
David
Imalent team

Last edited:

imalent

Enlightened

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Output is a blatant lie. - Can't use all 6 LEDs at once.

UI is a joke. - Always starts on Turbo with the four main LEDs.

Quality control is non existent. - Numerous reports of lights with problems being sent out.

Fix these issues please.

imalent

Enlightened
Hello, InfinitusEquitas,

Thanks for your advice.

We have put 5180lumens( 4000+1180lumens), because we would hope people can know we have extra 1180lumens side LEDs, if we put 4000lumens, people who bought possible unable to know unless they read instructions, however, we know most people do not have patience to read user manual.

Always starts on Turbo, some like, some don't like. With DDT40, much easier than other flashlights to adjust the brightness to any output level you want within short time, from 5lumens to 4000lumens, only 5seconds. We would consider to add memory in the future.

All our flashlights have strict quality control. Anyone who has a defective report will have one solution. If you do have one, feel free to let us know by email us at [email protected]

Best regards,
David

IMALENT team

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about just putting 4000 lumens out the front, 1180 lumens from side LEDs on the box? Since the maximum output at any given time can't reach 5180 lumens saying "Max Output 5180" is deceptive.?

Regarding the start on turbo, this is a very big problem for those of us who like to keep a flashlight on nightstand nearby, or use flashlights camping, hunting and fishing.

Yes the output can be turned down, but in the meantime you're blasted with 4000 lumens.

If you're sleeping, hear a noise, wake and use this light to see what's going on... You can't! Not for at least a few dazzling seconds as your night adapted eyes are literally blinded by the light, and you're stuck either waiting for the almost painful sensation to pass, or you fumble for the tiny button to turn down the output.

You're hunting? Trying not to scare any animals, keep quiet. That's exactly the time you want to be lit up like the empire state building right? By the time you adjusted output;

1. Your vision is no longer adapted to low levels.
2. You've scared off everything within 100 yards.

While I like the idea, until you resolve the start on turbo, it's not a light I can recommend, or keep for use. I will admit the remove is an interesting novelty. Would be nice if the light didn't have to be turned on first manually though... it almost defeats the purpose of a remote.

EDIT: Also worth noting that the output from the four front LEDs falls FAR short of 4000 lumens, and the output from the side LEDs very far short of 1180 lumens.

Last edited:

imalent

Enlightened
Hello,

Thanks for your good idea and details reason for the change. We do appreciate you help us to advance.

We will consider the changes in our next batch.

Best regards,
David

IMALENT team

djburkes

Enlightened
The light isn't bad, however, there's no way there's 4,000 Lumens coming out of the front. My Fenix LD60 seems brighter. The holster isn't built very well at all. The light has to be forced into it and it tears the material on the side because it has to stretch so far.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi David,

The review results are quite clear, and consistent with what I'm seeing... 3318 at 30 seconds.

+/- 10% it's a 3000 lumen light, definitely not 4000, not 3800, and most definitely not 5180.

djburkes

Enlightened
Which means...you probably shouldn't advertise your light the way you do. I ended up selling mine because it wasn't worth having when other lights I have that I paid less for outperform it. I only purchased it because of your misleading advertisement of the lumens that do not actually exist.

imalent

Enlightened
The Lumens 3621 is front 4 LEDs, not including 2 side LEDs.
The front 4 CREE LEDs is claimed 4000 Lumens in theory, which is from CREE design Lumens.
The result has a little reasonable deviation if use different test software.
The little divation is very honest in this industry.

Best regards,
David

IMALENT team

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is quite underpowered. Iv been buying modded lights for years now so iv been kinda spoiled but you should atleast be getting 1100 lumens per front xml2 with todays drivers and batteries. For a light that is so jam packed with goodies you would think they could drive the leds a bit harder. A ligt that size should have plenty of heatsinking

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
David

You are still advertising it as a 5180 Lumen light, even in this thread. IT IS NOT.

It's also not 4000 lumens. Nor are the side LEDs putting out anywhere near a theoretical 1180 lumens.

DDT40-FL1-Lumens.gif

Understand, the 30 second measure is never near 4000 lumens, and for the purposes of both determining output, and real world use, as well as testing, the 30 second result is taken, not the one when the light is just turned on. You probably do understand this though, and you're trying to twist the results, that is NOT HONEST.

Cree design lumens are irrelevant. In theory you can be an olympic athlete, or a billionaire. In practice if you haven't been in the olympics, or happen to have a VERY large set of bank accounts you're not.

HONEST IN THIS INDUSTRY?

I take offense at this - you're exactly what's wrong with this industry!

Making ridiculous marketing claims with no results to back them up. How are you better than the xxxxfire flashlight manufacturers that are dime a dozen and claim ridiculous outputs?

You're already LYING about the light being 5180 lumens when you're marketing it at that number, or 4000.

It is not. Why not claim that it's in theory capable of 9000 lumens? In theory it is possible, mean heck, in theory anything is possible.

It's a 3000 lumen light, that doesn't come close to either 5180 or even 4000 lumens.

So you are lying.

InfinitusEquitas
Flashaholic
Unhappy Impalent Customer

Last edited:

imalent

Enlightened
Hello, InfinitusEquitas,

Thanks for your advice.

We have put 5180lumens( 4000+1180lumens), because we would hope people can know we have extra 1180lumens side LEDs, if we put 4000lumens, people who bought possible unable to know unless they read instructions, however, we know most people do not have patience to read user manual.

Always starts on Turbo, some like, some don't like. With DDT40, much easier than other flashlights to adjust the brightness to any output level you want within short time, from 5lumens to 4000lumens, only 5seconds. We would consider to add memory in the future.

All our flashlights have strict quality control. Anyone who has a defective report will have one solution. If you do have one, feel free to let us know by email us at[email protected]

Best regards,
David

IMALENT team

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's wrong. You should be more worried about people like me who read 5180 lumens, and actually expect 5180 lumens.

Not from extras, but the total output.

What if I sold a car and said it can go 200mph?

Then turns out it can only go 116mph. I'd be a liar right?

Well, you're advertising 5180, and delivering just about 3000. See my problem.

You're also STILL using pictures like this: http://www.imalent.com/uploads/allimg/141231/1-141231212Q0927.jpg which imply you can use all Six LEDs at once.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked, there are lots of DDT40 review threads on CPF. But this one is the 'biggest one' (no. of replies*views), so i am posting here :grin2:

I got my purchase unit early this year (GB by BG or GB). I hardly used it. Yesterday i wanted to demo it to friends but the remote control wouldn't work. I knew it wasn't broken, so i opened the RC to check what's inside, de battery.

Was a mini cylindrical battery. Labeled "12V" wth. I checked the voltage with a 3€ battery tester (showed totally empty!), then with a DMM (showed 5.0V)

If the batt is supposed to be a 12V batt and i measure 5V, then i guess the batt is empty. :thinking:

The RC must have some serious drain!

1) Is it just my RC with the serious drain? ( i don't think so )
2) Where do we buy a replacement battery? I wasn't aware that 12V mini round cells exist.

Last edited: