Is Gearbest and Fasttech safe?

Sledgestone

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a Armytek Wizard Pro and I'm a little worried about having a 18650 strapped to my forehead.

I'm thinking of buying the Xtar vp2 charger and some batteries too. Either Keeppower 3400 mah protected or Panasonic NCR18650B 3400 mah protected.

Is it safe to buy from Gearbest or Fasttech when it comes to batteries and chargers? I don't want to stumble on any fake products. Or is there some other cheap and reliable place outside the U.S. where I can get them? I live in Sweden btw!

Thanks in advance!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
both sites have a 50/50 reputation. I would personally avoid both. Suppliers outside the US I am not so sure about. If I were you I would buy from a UK seller and if you cannot find a UK seller that has the product youre looking for then bite the bullet and buy from a US seller. Illumn is a very good US seller, lighthound, batteryjunction, zbattery.

ven

Flashaholic
Hi there:welcome:

Drop Norb a message on evil bay(great guy) just looked up vp2 on his shop

To ship Sweden add £7.99 for int stand postage European

pm inbound with link

edit-you dont have enough posts yet,either way just copy the No in on ebay search,then click on the option for delivery and country.

Daba

Newly Enlightened
For Gearbest i dont know, but if you want to buy from Fasttech pay attention when you are buying, original items have "Authentic" in front of name, and high-quality batteries are not cheap there. On top of that, they often have problems with lithium batteries shipping. Check this review: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...t-XM-L-T6-max-820-lumens-beamshots-comparison
At the and of that text you will find store much closer to you to buy that Xtar and bunch of batteries at good price.:)

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my vp2 from gearbest and they immediately sent me an email confirming my order with a pic of the packaged charger addressed to me. Took about 4 weeks to get to NV, mid Jan order, < $27 shipped with coupon. I didn't mind waiting as I didn't have any 18650 batteries to charge or light, both of which arrived a couple days later.

mellowhead

Enlightened
both sites have a 50/50 reputation. I would personally avoid both. Suppliers outside the US I am not so sure about. If I were you I would buy from a UK seller and if you cannot find a UK seller that has the product youre looking for then bite the bullet and buy from a US seller. Illumn is a very good US seller, lighthound, batteryjunction, zbattery.

I've purchased from Fasttech before - just prior to Christmas '14, and I did not have any problems.
Good deals can also be had from Banggood. I got myself some NCR18650B's from there. Shop around, and search for coupon codes.

I've also purchased from Illumn (awesome service & great price on Nitecore D4 charger!) and Lighthound. My transaction with Lighthound was a long time ago now and I don't remember much about it. I guess it was satisfactory, or else it would have stood out in my memory more.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a Armytek Wizard Pro and I'm a little worried about having a 18650 strapped to my forehead.

I'm thinking of buying the Xtar vp2 charger and some batteries too. Either Keeppower 3400 mah protected or Panasonic NCR18650B 3400 mah protected.

Is it safe to buy from Gearbest or Fasttech when it comes to batteries and chargers? I don't want to stumble on any fake products. Or is there some other cheap and reliable place outside the U.S. where I can get them? I live in Sweden btw!

Thanks in advance!

Yes

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have ordered dozens of times from both. Never had a problem. Things take the slow boat to the US, but I expect that. Others experiences may vary.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
My browser can't seem to get the gearbest site to behave... never fully loads, feels like an abandoned site, though I do keep looking there. I've had decent experience with FastTech, will patronize again, once I accepted that tracking is hopeless, and that customs and the weather will delay the arrival of the order. FastTech responded promptly and very kindly to my inquiries when I started to get nervous about the delay, and their explanation was acceptable (it was snowy weather and US Customs delays).

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have bought from Fasttech with no problems - but did not buy any xxxxfire batteries. The last time I ordered batteries they came to the US by boat, 4 months. If ordering other material (silicone 18650 carriers are nice!) it is 2 weeks or so to the US.

Fasttech does respond to questions about orders in a timely manner.

valy2009

Newly Enlightened
Re: "Is Gearbest and Fasttech safe?" -I recommend Nitecore D2

Hi!
I find the Nitecore D2 to do an excelent job for me. In fact I have 2 :) -It's better in my opinion to buy 2 rather than the Digicharger D4... the price is the same... and should one go bad, you still have one left :)
http://www.nitecore.com/productDetail.aspx?id=115

I also have the Wizard Pro. Excepent light! I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do! :)
Good luck!

Sledgestone

Newly Enlightened

Hi!
I find the Nitecore D2 to do an excelent job for me. In fact I have 2 :) -It's better in my opinion to buy 2 rather than the Digicharger D4... the price is the same... and should one go bad, you still have one left :)
http://www.nitecore.com/productDetail.aspx?id=115

I also have the Wizard Pro. Excepent light! I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do! :)
Good luck!

I just hope I get it soon! Been a little more than two weeks since I ordered it. Can't wait to get my hands on it! :)

And I hope that I made the right choice between the Wizard Pro and the Zebralight H600 MK ll.

a1mu1e

Newly Enlightened

In my experience, Fasttech is very upfront about their products and guarantees their authenticity. Though I have never bought XXX-fires from them, they appear to state in the description their actual average measured capacity.

I even got decent shipping times lately

ven

Flashaholic

used fasttech for cells,ecig mods and coils,even flashlights:eek: :laughing:

Now going back a few year,delivery was around 2 weeks to UK(still quicker than banggood of late!!!)

Now this is a presumption,since the lithium issues i have noticed a slower shipment all round,presume what ever you buy would probably come with other orders,so it now takes around 3 weeks to UK. Of course this differs per country,just my experience and it does get here..............

Orders that can wait and show authentic have been issue free............Not bought cells from them for a while,same with banggood and wont do any more due to UK supplier. Rather pay more and have in 2 days and not 5 weeks of past(yes up to that time). Last BG order i upgraded shipping(just example here) and admit i received in 10 days,so made the difference for an extra couple of £.

I know BG were not mentioned by OP ,just one of the other companies i have used:)

night.hoodie

Enlightened

Thanks for all the replies! I will definitely check out that Nkon place, Daba!

wow there are some great deals there, now (21 March 2015) that €1 = $1.08 (ahem, L92 quads, WOW), but most of the best deals are out of stock.

Can our european members please let us in on the popular european electronic commerce sites? What's a European Union equivalent to amazon.com, or dx.com?

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My experience with FastTech has been good so far..
The problem is that they dont ship batteries to most areas these days.
Other than that, they are pretty reliable.

markr6

Flashaholic
I just noticed Gearbest provides a photo of your package right before shipping!!! That's new to me!

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fastech does that too..
The order information will show a photo of the parcel when it's shipped.

JoeSW

Newly Enlightened
I've had a good experience with Gearbest. Purchased a TM16 during their unbelievably great sales. I just couldn't resist.

Received it in 2 weeks and as was mentioned they take a picture of the package.

Overall I would recommend Gearbest. My many queries were answered promptly!