Why are there no threads on the VP-4?

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was ready to post a "When will Xtar make a VP4?" and then I went to their website and see it is already out. Strange there was never an announcement for this and as far as I can tell according to the Amazon reviews, it was released at least as far back as December 2014, maybe earlier?

I was really hoping it was just like having 2 VP2 chargers in one unit but it has the drawback of just 2 bays charging at 1A at a time. So I guess for me at least having 4 bays charging at 1A at the same time will require 2 separate VP2 chargers which costs a bit more $70+ USD compared to $39.99 USD for the VP4.

Any reason Xtar couldn't have had all 4 bays charging up to 1A? Their XP4 allows all 4 bays to charge @ 1A, so why not the VP4?

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
I was ready to post a "When will Xtar make a VP4?" and then I went to their website and see it is already out. Strange there was never an announcement for this and as far as I can tell according to the Amazon reviews, it was released at least as far back as December 2014, maybe earlier?

I was really hoping it was just like having 2 VP2 chargers in one unit but it has the drawback of just 2 bays charging at 1A at a time. So I guess for me at least having 4 bays charging at 1A at the same time will require 2 separate VP2 chargers which costs a bit more $70+ USD compared to $39.99 USD for the VP4.

Any reason Xtar couldn't have had all 4 bays charging up to 1A? Their XP4 allows all 4 bays to charge @ 1A, so why not the VP4?

Hi, friend,

Thanks so much for your attention for XTAR. And we did realize we did't make a announcement of VP4 here, we are sorry for the inconvenience and we will catch up on this in the future.

All 4 bays charging up to 1A requires 12V/2A adapters and it will certainly add a lot of cost to our customers and the charger bay may get warm during the charging process. Of course, if a lot of people have the same expectation like you, we may consider doing a upgarde for VP4. But right now, not so many people expect us to do so.

Thanks again for your propose and your support. We welcome any suggestion and hope you have a good time with XTAR chargers.

XTAR

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
All 4 bays charging up to 1A requires 12V/2A adapters and it will certainly add a lot of cost to our customers and the charger bay may get warm during the charging process. Of course, if a lot of people have the same expectation like you, we may consider doing a upgarde for VP4. But right now, not so many people expect us to do so.

On CPF, you would have PLENTY of support for the upgraded VP4. The VP2 is my favorite lithium-ion charger, but two bays is just not enough. Even if it is a bit more expensive, I think it would be well worth it!

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
On CPF, you would have PLENTY of support for the upgraded VP4. The VP2 is my favorite lithium-ion charger, but two bays is just not enough. Even if it is a bit more expensive, I think it would be well worth it!

right! It looks like unless they make an upgraded VP4, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just buy another VP2 but the cost for these 2 is almost double what one VP4 would cost, and really how much would a bigger power supply and wall wart cost XTAR, an extra $10? I'd be willing to pay $49.99 for an upgraded VP4

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get in touch with HKJ and get some ideas and specifications on what he likes and expects in a proper 4 bay charger, and build the ultimate 4 bay charger! Build it heavy duty. Build it so it stays cool and charges correctly. Build it right! You will sell many chargers. Simple as that! ;)

yaricket

Newly Enlightened
Why are there no threads on the

Why are there withdrawal costs at the bank? maybe its in denial bad joke i kno

magnum70383

Enlightened
I had to buy 2 xtar vp2 chargers because the vp4 can't charge 1a on all 4 bays. I actually charge 8 x 18650 at the same time so I need 8 ports always... If you guys don't come out with an upgrade vp4, I'm gonna have to buy another 2 xtar vp2.

ven

Flashaholic
or an opus bt c3100 v2.2/3400 for a 4 bay and around $30...............excellent value.
I have the vp4 and its side lined unless i need to charge quite a few cells up together(trips) . I tend to use the bt c3100 most of the time, every day, then i will use the vp1 and vp2 for more cells when needed or upstairs, after that its easier for me to just throw 6 cells in the good old trusty wp6II and be patient!:)

I would love a vp6 or even vp8 !!!