Replacement Lens for Surefire M3

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Kids,

Got a crack in the lens on my Surefire M3. It's got the older finned M2-style bezel.
Called Surefire, they want me to send it in for warranty repair, but I don't want to
chance losing the old style bezel.

Any aftermarket replacements available? I could post a "WTB", but is this the kind of thing people have lying around to sell?

Thanks!

scout24

Flashaholic
I have an M3 head that is apart, but it is the new style. I would hate to measure and be wrong... If I recall, they can custom cut one for you if they do not stock it. May need to email or call though.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an M3 head that is apart, but it is the new style. I would hate to measure and be wrong... If I recall, they can custom cut one for you if they do not stock it. May need to email or call though.

Oh cool. I'll measure it tonight and see what I can find out. Thanks for the info.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
They also have a list of most of the major lights and what size lens they take. Since you have the old bezel it wouldn't hurt to check with them via email or phone to make sure before purchasing. I bought a lens there for my G2 many years ago when they were still plastic and I melted mine. I think I got the borofloat, but can't remember it has been so long ago.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Email sent, but they're out of the office for the rest of the week.

Took measurements with my calipers in inches, converted to mm and sent them both. There's no phone# on the site, just their email form. We'll see what they say.

Anyone have any recommendations as to what kind of glass to request? Would a UCL be of comparable toughness to the original?

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I bump this as I don't wanna loose my old M3 head due to a cracked lens....

Anyone have a lens they want to sell me?

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greenbean, just purchase a hardened mineral glass lense of the same size as already mentioned in the thread. They are typically sold as "watch crystals".

I replace broken and plastic lenses with them all the time.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks... I'll dig into that.

Any site your getting them from you can share?