Battery testing for flashlights vs for e-cigs

PoorerthanPoor

Newly Enlightened
I love the testing that is done by the great members of this website. I am wondering if we are looking for 2 different characteristics in batteries sometimes though. It seems like very high discharge batteries seem to be less the focus than very high mah batteries. I am wondering if maybe some of us more conservative vapers (who don't vape crazy high watts) could learn a thing or 2 about which high mah battery is the best for our application. Can anyone point me in the direction of some battery tests on high mah batteries that might suit our needs and maybe we can discuss why this would be a good or bad idea. I am thinking high mah batteries could be more applicable now that we have devices running 2,3, and even 4 cells at a time.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting idea, but I think it needs some clarification: by battery, do you mean separate batteries like 18350's, 18650's and the likes or the mods that integrate the battery? If you mean the latter, PBusardo might have answered your question on Youtube in great part. If you mean the former, then a few key factors come into play, mainly discharge rates (or coil resistance for a mech mod).

In general, for removable batteries, it is agree that AW's, Sony VTC4 and similar high quality batteries are recommended - mostly for safety issues. I have to admit that I too would like to see some comparison testing to see if they hold as nicely next to really bright flashlights. We might need to find a way to let more people know about the vape lounge, though.

BTW, people who vape under 10 to 14 watts on a coil that is over 1 ohm are now referred to as "Tootle Puffers" according to a major thread on ECF. There is no shame in it, the tootle puffer community is strong and growing fast!

conanthewarrior

Newly Enlightened
Remember, you want a battery that can take a fairly high amp draw such as a samsung 25R for vaping, as the batteries that are good in torches could well go into thermal runaway in a vape.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I see people at ECF saying those LifPo4's are the worlds most dangerous kind of battery. "Those things explode all the time, what you need is IMR". Same ones say "if you really want to quit smoking you need 50mg nic juice."

I just sigh and click on some other thread.

But you can look up a guy named Mooch who does a bunch of testing on you tubes. Very informative from simple to as detailed as you wish.

I'm a toodle puffer. Basically vaping began as electric cigarettes and everybody was a toodle puffer back then. Like flashlights, there were some who pushed the technology forward and now you can obtain devices that put out huge steam clouds if that's your thing. Most former smokers I know take huge drags from nicotine vapes a couple times an hour. I like mine old school.

Last edited: