Foursevens Brass lights! MMR-X and ML-X available now!

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
pic_maelstrom-mmr-x-brass-xl.jpg

pic_mini-ml-x-brass-xl.jpg

We are proud to introduce our newest lights! A Brass version of our MMR-X and our ML-X.

They are available at Bestmade and Foursevens.

http://www.foursevens.com/product_info.php?products_id=3315

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're nice looking lights, but I just don't get why 4sevens refuses to use neutral LEDs in their premium-priced lights. (I get why they don't want to use them in their standard lights that are sold to the mass-market.) Joe Sixpack isn't buying a brass light, which is twice the price of the standard aluminum version. People who care about lights are buying these kinds of lights, and they're the ones that are more likely to want a premium tint.

They're nice looking lights, but I just don't get why 4sevens refuses to use neutral LEDs in their premium-priced lights. (I get why they don't want to use them in their standard lights that are sold to the mass-market.) Joe Sixpack isn't buying a brass light, which is twice the price of the standard aluminum version. People who care about lights are buying these kinds of lights, and they're the ones that are more likely to want a premium tint.

Consider Boaters. Their not necessarily flashaholics and therefore don't care about tint, but being able to afford a boat easily qualifies them as someone that might purchase a brass flashlight.

~ Chance

recDNA

Flashaholic
You wouldn't want it with a clip, it is somewhat heavier than the aluminium version.
Thanks for your reply! I pocket carry so if brass is too heavy for clip I cannot carry it. Maybe a clip for a smaller brass light?

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Why no clip? There appears to be an area machined on the light which is a flat strip where a clip would go.

It seems as if the clip was cancelled at some product manager meeting. I am not a fan of product management at all, the old R & D system left people alone more.

For me, that light is useless with no clip, you need a clip to hold the light at the top of your pocket. There is no way I am dropping a heavy two cell brass light in my pocket and have to fish for it in a hurry.

And the clip could not add that much weight - it needs a clip regardless of weight!

Nice light, but I have to pass. If you are not going to add a clip, then machine the ugly flat strip out and knurl it all the way around.

You know, one of your most important claims that you stated about your lights was it started with the clip

good luck, I would love one...with a clip!

NR

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Why no clip? There appears to be an area machined on the light which is a flat strip where a clip would go.

It seems as the clip was cancelled at some product manager meeting. I am not a fan of product management at all, the old R & D system left people alone more.

For me, that light is useless with no clip, you need a clip to hold the light at the top of your pocket. There is no way I am dropping a heavy two cell brass light in my pocket and have to fish for it in a hurry.

And the clip could not add that much weight - it needs a clip regardless of weight!

Nice light, but I have to pass. If you are not going to add a clip, then machine the ugly flat strip out and knurl it all the way around.

You know, one of your most important claims that you stated about your lights was it started with the clip.

good luck, I would love one...with a clip!

NR
+1

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Also if some feel to it is too heavy, they can simply remove it.

There some people who remove clips on their McGizmos....I have no idea why you would even consider removing the best clip in the world, holds your light in place, light always ready to deploy - yet they do,

So, Foursevens make a clip, you are good at that, too, then if the user wants to remove it they can. Still I believe most do want a light like this brass model to have a clip option.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Consider Boaters. Their not necessarily flashaholics and therefore don't care about tint, but being able to afford a boat easily qualifies them as someone that might purchase a brass flashlight.

~ Chance

Quite true, CG, and I am certain they would want a clip, that would be considered an emergency item.

Think about this way: a sailor first would want a clip so the light does not go overboard and if a man over board at night, would certainly want a clip on a quality light like your new brass model, to signal his position to the Captain and crew.

Please add the clip!!!