• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

QTC differences

brometheus

Newly Enlightened
Hello I'm new to the forums though I've been lurking for a good while. I was wondering if anyone could explain to me what the difference between the qtc 2 and 2.1. Been looking through the threads for the answer and couldn't find it. Was also wondering do peak or overready still sell the pills separately, and how much are they? Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.

LGT

Enlightened
I have about four peak lights with QTC, and three without. Not happy with the QTC's. Lumen output is very jumpy while twisting the head. Drop it on low and the brightness can go to blinding. Will the 2 or 2.1 alleviate that problem.
Robyn, Curt?

mau91

Newly Enlightened
I have about four peak lights with QTC, and three without. Not happy with the QTC's. Lumen output is very jumpy while twisting the head. Drop it on low and the brightness can go to blinding. Will the 2 or 2.1 alleviate that problem.
Robyn, Curt?

I've never had experience with QTC 1 so I can't offer a direct comparison, but I've found QTC 2 to be "smooth enough" to be useful (there is some flickering at the very beginning when turning it on as it settles), and QTC 2.1 to be smoother still.

BriteLite2

Enlightened
I love Peaklights and carry one every day but the QTC system is not perfect by any means. I don't consider it to be an infinitely adjustable light as it is sometimes marketed as. I see it as basically a 3 level light and the low level is very difficult to maintain and its different every time . also if the light sits unused for a period of time it needs a "break in" or warm up period to start performing more fluidly so to speak. so for me its basically a relatively low setting then a medium and then full on bright.

I have been considering going back to a single level Peak which means contacting them directly and having it custom made

for a AAA I don't need the max brightness as it kills the battery so quickly I am thinking a lower level single mode for long runtimes. I don't know yet .

still love Peaks though don't get me wrong and the QTC Eiger has never let me down or failed to work. since its basically direct drive the slow taper in output never leaves you in the dark also. Its made in the USA and they look cool and are very well made lights. Like the Corvette and Mustang there is nothing else like them :)

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
My newest AAA Eiger QTC is really about worthless as an adjustment tool on the light.
I can not reliably get anything except full on or off.

Considering that I got this light for the hope of using at ultra low levels in the night I am not satisfied with the otherwise brilliant light.

My 3 Logan are not like that and can be adjusted although it is certainly nothing repeatable either.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
My newest AAA Eiger QTC is really about worthless as an adjustment tool on the light.
I can not reliably get anything except full on or off.

Considering that I got this light for the hope of using at ultra low levels in the night I am not satisfied with the otherwise brilliant light.

My 3 Logan are not like that and can be adjusted although it is certainly nothing repeatable either.

look down the tube and make sure the pill is not in upside-down.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
The top and bottom of the pills looks different. Check one of your Logan's and compare.
Well I took the Logan and tried to understand the difference between up and down and of course the pill fell out of the light and you can not tell unless it is together how it looked underneath the plastic part before it came out?

Is there a picture somewhere?

Now the Logan does not adjust too.

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought some qtc squares off eBay, then cut a circle of cardboard (back of a notepad), and cut a square in the middle slightly tighter than the qtc, and wedged it in, then drop the litthe cardboard/qtc pill into the bottom of my eiger on top of the orginal qtc which had just started being full power all the time. works like a champ.

(just me mindful when you change batteries)

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I already discovered the QYC for sale on Ebay and wonder if it is all really the same?
From the above post it seems it will work at least albeit with a little reworking which is no big deal to me.

I think I will see if I can get them first from Peak but am not too hopeful from what I have read?
Same with Oveready and Bob already told me he has none.

So just to be clear I just need a small piece to sandwich between the 2 metal plates in the Peak Pill,right?

RobynS

Newly Enlightened
It sounds to me like an older version of the QTC / Body combination. If you can send me the bodies, I can modify them for you and reinstall the QTC.

Peak LED Solutions
519 W. Lone Cactus Dr Ste 204
Phoenix, AZ 85027

Please put a note inside - with your name and return address and I will take care of it.

Best regards,

Robyn

brometheus

Newly Enlightened
It sounds to me like an older version of the QTC / Body combination. If you can send me the bodies, I can modify them for you and reinstall the QTC.

Peak LED Solutions
519 W. Lone Cactus Dr Ste 204
Phoenix, AZ 85027

Please put a note inside - with your name and return address and I will take care of it.

Best regards,

Robyn

Hi Robyn I was wondering was it possible to order a just the QTC pills by themselves and how much are they?

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Robyn

Who are you talking to here?

I have tried making direct contact both here through PM and via Email to PEAK but so far get no response directly at all?

I don't really want to send lights back for what seems like a simple 2 minute fix I can easily make if I just have the material to do so.
Of course I am also not even sure you were speaking to me as there is no reference in your offer of service?

Please just make the part available or tell me where I can find some.