Micro ATL G3 and G4

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Continuation from the Homemade and Modified Flashlights Discussion:

Introducing the Micro ATL Generation 3 (sold out, at least for now) and 4!

Note:
Thanks, everyone, for the awesome response!! It looks like the G3s are all committed and we will be moving forward with G4 sales.

Thanks again!!

G3: (Sold out, at least for now)

P5220140_zpsqbeqrks5.jpg

P4130045_zpsv9c4iemp.jpg

G4:
P5220143_zpsfyqqv5gw.jpg

96543e86-4f22-431a-8515-8e4fa20d9e28_zpsx7ggwjh4.jpg

P5220146_zpsb2ccmcr1.jpg

P5070081_zpso5hikt8b.jpg

These lights are powered by a 240mah, rechargeable, lithium polymer battery and use the X-Light Micro controller, with instant access to full and low power and full range of brightness adjustment all controlled by the single power button.

Compared next to the X-Light donor, the Micro ATL is actually smaller but packs three LEDs and a high power, rechargeable battery into a study metal frame.
d7c84880-9888-45bb-8933-73c36cd83836_zpsll3q32rw.jpg

The Micro ATLs are recharged via set screw covered port, using the included 300mah (or a max of 300mah depending on your USB ports capabilities) USB powered charger.
P5220142_zpsdefxcmpf.jpg

The 240mah lipo gives the Micro ATL up to 4 hours of runtime on full brightness and recharges in approximately 1 hour or less.

The G3s are available in aluminum or brass. Both are available in a brushed finish and the brass is also available in a polished brushed finish.
P4250060_zpsig4qojz7.jpg

Polished brass G3.
(sorry, just realized I don't have a good picture of a polished brass G3 but here is a polished copper G4 for you to enjoy for the moment)
P5070088_zpsaqhxdoqz.jpg

The G4s will be available in aluminum, brass and copper and the brass and copper will also be available in a brushed or polished brushed finish.

The Micro ATLs feature neodymium, rare earth magnets so they can be attached to metal objects for hands free lighting.
(again, I apologize but I don't have any pictures at the moment of a G3 or G4 utilizing the magnet. This is a picture of a no longer in production G2 clamped onto a file cabinet)
P1010103_zpsac464be5.jpg

These lights also come with a beacon feature behind the primary LEDs, to assist in finding the light and anything it is attached to in the dark. The beacon isn't quite as bright as it appears in this blacklight photo but it is most definitely, highly visible in the dark.
P5170119_zpsstaqoneg.jpg

The Micro ATLs use Nichia and Cree 5mm LEDs and will be available in a choice of combinations. I will be posting beam shots of those various combinations soon.

Prices:
Prices are in US $$ and are the same for both generations.

Aluminum = $85.00
Brass and copper brushed finish = $90.00
Brass and copper polished brushed finish = $95.00

Please realize that this is a work in progress (as evidenced by several missing pictures, etc) and I will be posting frequent updates as I get them.

Also, the G3s may only be available for a limited time (depends on how much demand there is after this run is sold out). So, if you fancy a G3 make sure you get your order in early!

Everyone that signed up on the list from the Homemade Lights forum is already set so no need to re-order.

Thanks and stay tuned!!

Last edited:

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I would like to order the following configuration:

Aluminum G4
2 warm Nichia & 1 neutral Nichia
No rare earth magnet

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone that appreciates being able to access a few lumens of light at anytime will be all over these! I have always liked the X-Lights but the cheap plastic housing has kept me away.

Very glad to be a part of this and looking forward to getting my light

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Thanks guys!! Really appreciate your support!

Zoran - I have your information updated

AndyF - Got your order on the list

Thanks again!!

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Anyone that appreciates being able to access a few lumens of light at anytime will be all over these!

Absolutely!

I really believe you are going to be pleasantly surprised at how bright these lights actually are and IMHO, the flat form factor is so pocketable it will just be second nature to always have it with you.

A saying I'm fond of is, "what is the best (fill in the blank here) to have?" The answer is the (from the blank you filled in) that you have with you at the time. I have a gazillion lights, as I imagine a lot of you do too, but the one that gets used 99% of the time is the one that I have in my pocket at the time I need it.

Thanks and stay tuned!

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
These look great! Not sure how I missed the thread... I'd like an aluminum G3 if available, G4 if no G3 still available. Where and when would you like payment? Timeframe for shipment?

sunny_nites

Enlightened
I'd like an aluminum G3 if availabl

scout24 - Thanks!

There are G3s still available and I have you marked for one.

I'll get back with the shipping date. There have been delays and redesigns, updates, mods, etc but everything is about in order now and shipping will commence soon.

Thanks again!

sunny_nites

Enlightened
I'm in for a G3 or G4 aluminum with Nichia, either neutral or warm.

blackbalsam - thanks!

I will put you down for a G3. I'm working on a beam shot comparison so you can choose which you you like the best. The two warm Nichia with one neutral Nichia is pretty popular. How about I put you down for that unless you see a different beam combo you would rather have?

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
blackbalsam - thanks!

I will put you down for a G3. I'm working on a beam shot comparison so you can choose which you you like the best. The two warm Nichia with one neutral Nichia is pretty popular. How about I put you down for that unless you see a different beam combo you would rather have?
That's Fine with me.

scout24

Flashaholic
Thanks for putting me down for one, eagerly looking forward to your beam comparisons. I'll keep checking in. :)

sunny_nites

Enlightened
What are the differences between G3 & G4 (and earlier generations, I suppose) ... ?

Good question:

Physically, all generations are about the same size. All generations of the Micro ATL featured three 5mm white LEDs and the X-Light Micro controller. The G1 and G2 had some differences in how the split ring was attached, used a 150mah battery, did not have the locator beacon, the middle LED was slightly elevated above the 1 and 3 LEDs and were all completely hand made, ie the body and lids were saw cut, ground and milled manually.

The G3 and G4s are cut by a CNC waterjet, use a 240mah battery and have the 5mm LEDs in a straight line and have the locator beacon.

The G3 uses a solid 1/4" body that is milled out and a single 1/8" lid.
Patina brass G3:
P5080101_zpskd3kklr6.jpg

The G4s use a 1/4" body that is also cut via the waterjet both inside and outside (not milled) and a 1/16" lid and bottom that are also cut with the waterjet.
Patina copper G4:
P5080097_zpsu0xhrjwe.jpg

For the most part the G3 and G4 operate the same but because of the lid and body configuration there are distinct differences;
the G3 has the split ring attached to the lid, while the split ring on the G4 attaches to body. The LEDs on the G4 are located more evenly between the top and bottom, while the LEDs on the G3 are closer to the bottom of the light.

P5080100_zpsbdq6lewt.jpg

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Loving that blue locator... :)

Thanks! I find that to be an incredibly useful feature.

Same LED setup & a G4 body (unless you have G3 bodies ready).

I do have some polished brass G3s left. Just to verify, I should I put you down for the polished brass G3?

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Just wanted to mention that I've had a couple of people request lights without the magnets and that is definitely doable.

If you prefer your light without the magnets, just let me know.

Thanks!

Latest posts