• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SK98vn & SK68vn - SIPIK Budget Zoomie

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
SK98vn & SK68vn - SIPIK Budget Zoomie
Must Read & Agree Before Purchase

See post 2 for pictures

SK98vn = 18650 Only
SK68vn = IMR14500 Only

$35
XML2 Dedome Single Mode on Copper
18650 in all versions

Extra Options:

+
$10 PDTc or PDTn
+ $15 XPG2 PDTc
+ $35 DriverVN2
+ $5 for "V54" hand engraving
+ $10 for International Shipping

If You Want Shipping Insurance Please Ask
Paypal/Email: [email protected]

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Those prices for a complete light are even cheaper than if you were to mail me one to mod. Trying to make this light as cheaply as possible while still having XML2 or XPG2 on Copper for max performance. :)

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this is just getting started, but when you have a chance, I'd like the following info if possible before I decide which one to get. I'm guessing others will to.

-Pic of the two lights to see size difference.
-Max lumen (led is fine) for both lights, both drivers, both XML2 and XPG2 (we know it will be less being the leds are dedomed).

Thanks!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I know this is just getting started, but when you have a chance, I'd like the following info if possible before I decide which one to get. I'm guessing others will to.

-Pic of the two lights to see size difference. Sure when I have the AA one in.
-Max lumen (led is fine) for both lights, both drivers, both XML2 and XPG2 (we know it will be less being the leds are dedomed). I will give LED lumen rating again until I can acquire a Sphere to do lumen testing myself as Justin is taking a break :)

Thanks!

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I saw that. You use to give approximate led lumen though based on how hard it was being driven. I'm just curious if there will be much of a difference.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I saw that. You use to give approximate led lumen though based on how hard it was being driven. I'm just curious if there will be much of a difference.

I stopped doing LED rating and current draw for a while as most just prefer OTF lumen.

anethema

Newly Enlightened
I'm in for a SK98! What is the ETA since I'm also waiting on that LD60 and they could ship together .

Also did you solve the issue of the light getting too hot to hold almost instantly?

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I'm in for a SK98! What is the ETA since I'm also waiting on that LD60 and they could ship together .

Also did you solve the issue of the light getting too hot to hold almost instantly?

SK98 has good mass so it's not gonna get hot instantly. Especially if you get XPG2 PDTc which is much less heat than XML2. Also DriverVn2 is an option if heat is your big concern.

Capolini

Banned
@ Kevin1322

The size of my AA/14500 Minicree/Sipik68 compared to the Sipik98 I saw on Amazon was ~ 1 2/3" difference in Height. Mine is 3 5/8" SK98 AMAZON IS 5 1/3" Hopefully this will give you an idea.

The NEWER SK68 and SK98 that Vinh gets may be a bit different?

Last edited:

anethema

Newly Enlightened
SK98 has good mass so it's not gonna get hot instantly. Especially if you get XPG2 PDTc which is much less heat than XML2. Also DriverVn2 is an option if heat is your big concern.

Cool! Yeah I'll take a XPG2 PDTc.

DriverVN2 sounds cool just for the UI. If less heat does that mean DriverVN2 will have less output ?

$35

Extra Options:

+ $15 XPG2 PDTc
+ $35 DriverVN2
+ $10 for International Shipping

Total: $100 if DriverVN2

Last edited:

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
@ Kevin1322

The size of my AA/14500 Minicree/Sipik68 compared to the Sipik98 I saw on Amazon was ~ 1 2/3" difference in Height. Mine is 3 5/8" SK98 AMAZON IS 5 1/3" Hopefully this will give you an idea.

The NEWER SK68 and SK98 that Vinh gets may be a bit different?

Thanks. Helps a little.

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
Time for my first VN purchase! I can't pass this one up.

base $35

Extra Options:
+ $15 XPG2 PDTc
+ $35 DriverVN2

total: $90

ps -- I live in Seattle. If you're still here and want to, we can avoid shipping and paypal. If not, paypal is no problem.

pps -- the Must Read & Agree Before Purchase link in post #1 is the EC11 factory link.

-John

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Time for my first VN purchase! I can't pass this one up.

base $35

Extra Options:
+ $15 XPG2 PDTc
+ $35 DriverVN2

total: $90

ps -- I live in Seattle. If you're still here and want to, we can avoid shipping and paypal. If not, paypal is no problem.

pps -- the Must Read & Agree Before Purchase link in post #1 is the EC11 factory link.

-John

Update made

Yes you can stop by when it's ready. By the way you are adding too many options that is making it not budget anymore...Are you sure you need driverVN2?

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
Update made

Yes you can stop by when it's ready. By the way you are adding too many options that is making it not budget anymore...Are you sure you need driverVN2?

need? :) Probably not.. I'd likely just use mode 5 or 7, but I like the idea of being able to run at <100. I don't know how important it would really be to me, but even if I just end up wanting single mode, I'd get the awesome turbo timer! That's just too cool.