Who got in on the last run of customs?

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was too slow myself.
Was wondering if anyone chose the HCRI XPG2 and how it goes (I'm thinking I'd like one)?
Really loving my MCE 4500K Ready Made, I'd have to say it's the best bang for your buck light from the quality custom makers and with the likes of McGizmo, HDS and Oveready in the fold that's a big complement.

candleflana

Newly Enlightened
I confirmed with Jason the other day I am on the wait list. Still deciding on the components I would like. I am partial to a good balance between lumes and runtime.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too slow again.
Would be nice to be able to buy an empty light and install my own LED/MCPCB and driver. I guess a ready made could be bought and have the parts swapped out but I couldn't bring myself to do it to one, the MCE ready made is pure gold.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
i remember reading in the email jason sent out that the copper drive mount would still be used for the customs. BTW that carbon fiber looks like it would make one sweet looking pen light.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does his custom made still come with a Solid Copper Driver Mount?
http://www.darksucks.com/Images/Assembly/DSC00672.jpg
@F89
He got some awesome stuff coming out soon. He previewed a Alpha carbon fiber with triple LEDs.

Yes, as far as I can see the custom has a copper driver mount.
Thanks for the heads up. I have a couple of V4 Oveready triples that are very nice which my ready made MCE compares very well too. I'm a big fan of the match up Jason has made between the MCE and Ledil reflector.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
im glad that I got a blue label when I did. its sad to see a flashlight maker auction off a returned light for more than the listed retail. before someone mentions the increased cost of one of Mac's lights on the secondary market, at least it isn't mac reselling the light himself.

Robone

Newly Enlightened
I just received my custom from a second batch after this thread was started. Mine has the copper mount. Cool MCE 6500k pumping out 744 lumens @ 3.035 amps

Last edited:

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
It really doesn't help that the sales layout is not fair at all since not everyone can intercept the E-mail fast enough, and therefore everyone is NOT given a turn. I got to the E-mail and had my light picked out within less than a minute of the E-mail coming in on the last TWO runs, and I still couldn't get a light. I've basically given up because I've been on the list over a year. The runs are few and far between. And someone who has been on the list for only two weeks can get a light before me. Does not seem like a fair or sensible way to sell the lights...