• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

IMALENT new model, make a guess to get reward!

imalent

Enlightened
Hello, Everyone,:wave:

IMALENT is going to release several models recently. Before the flashlight get ready to release, we would like to start a game. Answer the following questions, you
will have chance to get one free flashlight of the new models. We will prepare totally 10pcs(for CPF, BLF and forolinternas), and ship early August.

Check the following pictures and answer questions:

1. If the flashlight is rechargeable or un-rechargeable?
2. What kind of battery does it use?
3. What kind of LED does it use?
4. What would be the lumen output?
5. What features would this flashlight have, as you know IMALENT flashlights always have innovative feature for each flashlight?
6. If you can do flashlight reviews or you have time to take some good pictures or videos, let us know several of your history reviews or videos, you will have priority to get the chance.

Anyone can have chance, time is limited, reply with your answers before August 1st. We will post the lucky ones on August 1st.

Thanks for your time and support on IMALENT.

Best regards,
Shellen

IMALENT team

1_0930589351.gif

spacer.gif
8-8.jpg

spacer.gif
7-7.gif

spacer.gif
1-1.jpg

spacer.gif
2-2.jpg

Last edited:

jfong

Newly Enlightened
OOOH! This looks like a great EDC flashlight!

1. If the flashlight is rechargeable or un-rechargeable? Definitely rechargeable... via USB, and this time with micro-usb, not like the DD2R which has a barrel plug. ::thumbsup::
2. What kind of battery does it use? It seems to be just about the size of the Fenix UC30 and other 1-cell 18650 lights, so I'd go with that.
3. What kind of LED does it use? XP-L HD. I'm not entirely familiar with bin ratings, etc, but a mid-range one?
4. What would be the lumen output? Hmm... no disrespect intended, but I think Imalent isn't *quite* there with their flashlights yet, so while comparable flashlights are in the 900 lumen range, this one probably is ~700 OTF lumens.
5. What features would this flashlight have, as you know IMALENT flashlights always have innovative feature for each flashlight? That's where this get's interesting! I don't seen an obvious touch-screen or IT ports for a remote control. There's no screen for voltage information either. Its probably waterproof like other models. The tail-cap switch has the ribbing on the side that caught my eye! What if that is both a tailcap and a rotary switch that can spin to have variable output! =O
6. If you can do flashlight reviews or you have time to take some good pictures or videos, let us know several of your history reviews or videos, you will have priority to get the chance.
We have such amazing rewiewers at CPF that I wouldn't be able to compare to the excellent work they do. I do photography professionally, though, and might be able to take a few great photos of this light.

gunga

Flashaholic
rechargeable... via USB
XML2
900 lumens max
5. What features would this flashlight have, as you know IMALENT flashlights always have innovative feature for each flashlight?
Variable output via tail dial

I've got a couple dozen reviews on CPF. Just search for Gunga.

imalent

Enlightened
rechargeable... via USB
XML2
900 lumens max
Variable output via tail dial

I've got a couple dozen reviews on CPF. Just search for Gunga.

Hello, gunga,

Thanks for support our activity.

Could you send us some of your reviews by email [email protected]? As you know, Chinese to open foreign websites are very slow, not easy for us to search. Takes me about 1 to 5 minutes to open this page.

Best regards,
Shellen

imalent

Enlightened
OOOH! This looks like a great EDC flashlight!

1. If the flashlight is rechargeable or un-rechargeable? Definitely rechargeable... via USB, and this time with micro-usb, not like the DD2R which has a barrel plug. ::thumbsup::
2. What kind of battery does it use? It seems to be just about the size of the Fenix UC30 and other 1-cell 18650 lights, so I'd go with that.
3. What kind of LED does it use? XP-L HD. I'm not entirely familiar with bin ratings, etc, but a mid-range one?
4. What would be the lumen output? Hmm... no disrespect intended, but I think Imalent isn't *quite* there with their flashlights yet, so while comparable flashlights are in the 900 lumen range, this one probably is ~700 OTF lumens.
5. What features would this flashlight have, as you know IMALENT flashlights always have innovative feature for each flashlight? That's where this get's interesting! I don't seen an obvious touch-screen or IT ports for a remote control. There's no screen for voltage information either. Its probably waterproof like other models. The tail-cap switch has the ribbing on the side that caught my eye! What if that is both a tailcap and a rotary switch that can spin to have variable output! =O
We have such amazing rewiewers at CPF that I wouldn't be able to compare to the excellent work they do. I do photography professionally, though, and might be able to take a few great photos of this light.

Thanks for your support.

Did you get the DD2R tracking number? we put it in our promotion thread already.

Best regards,
Shellen

asterix14

Newly Enlightened
Looks very interesting!!

rechargeable (micro usb)

XM-L2(U2)

1065 lumen

tail-cap switch with integrated control ring and low voltage warning

I'm sorry, haven't done any reviews so far, but I would definitely post some pictures :)

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a rechargeable light.

1x18650 Li-ion or 2xCR123A (or 2xRCR123A), but 18650 cell only can be rechargeable in the light.

XM-L2 NW.

Max. output is appro. 900lm.

Turn the light on by momentary soft touching the tail end, and press and hold the tail end for locked on. Change the output modes by rotating the tail side. Battery power indication function may be possible.

I reviewed your DDT40.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
6. I'm out.

Thought it was an equal contest based on quality of guesses made right to each question.
Answer 6 first then other questions to rate better chance to win.

imalent

Enlightened
6. I'm out.

Thought it was an equal contest based on quality of guesses made right to each question.
Answer 6 first then other questions to rate better chance to win.

Hello, WarRaven,

Thanks for your advice.

We will also choose those who answer our questions from heart but without review experience.

As long as you support the activity, you will have chance.

Best regards,
Shellen

IMALENT team

jfong

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your support.

Did you get the DD2R tracking number? we put it in our promotion thread already.

Best regards,
Shellen

You're very welcome! I don't see where you put tracking information for my DD2R in that thread. Could you email it to me?

Also, for #5, I'm just now noticing all the intricacy on the button under the thumb! The led should flash the voltage level, like many Nitecore lights do. What seems like different pieces of that tailcap switch would also be interesting if there was some kind of lock-out built into it.

Edit: I've received tracking info via email. Thanks!

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. If the flashlight is rechargeable or un-rechargeable? Both, depending on cells used. But mainly rechargeable (I can see USB in the photo)
2. What kind of battery does it use? 2 cr123's or 18650, or maybe a 18650 that can be installed with either the positive or negative up or down?
3. What kind of LED does it use? XML2 and it looks to be nice and yellow so I will say Warm? But the pics look neutral.
4. What would be the lumen output? I am guessing 940 lumens
5. What features would this flashlight have, as you know IMALENT flashlights always have innovative feature for each flashlight? Programmable via USB and computer to anything mode or modes the user wants. With a voltage monitor on the tail switch and haptic touch feedback. Also I can use the light to recharge my phone. Innovative twisty dial surrounding the main power switch. Allowing me to ramp the light output up ad down.
6. If you can do flashlight reviews or you have time to take some good pictures or videos, let us know several of your history reviews or videos, you will have priority to get the chance. Yup, done reviews. Link to a Surefire Review. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?400228-Review-UPDATED-SureFire-Titan-AAA-Black-15-125-Lumen-Warning-Pic-Heavy

BloodLust

Enlightened
Both. Can use rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries.
Capable of in-body USB charging.

14500, AA

XML2(U2)

900 lumens. 1 lumen firefly mode.

5. What features would this flashlight have, as you know IMALENT
flashlights always have innovative feature for each flashlight?
USB in-body charging.
Variable output.
Tailcap combo clicky and rotary switch.
Battery level indicator.
Waterproof IPX-8

6. If you can do flashlight reviews or you have time to take some
good pictures or videos, let us know several of your history
reviews or videos, you will have priority to get the chance.

I try to give some honest inputs regarding lights and other stuff in some threads once in a while.
No real review yet but I do have personal observations.
Here's something ai just did recently in this thread:
www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showth...-(-Luci-is-different!-)&p=4701210#post4701210

I have the Luci light similar to what oregon posted in post #11.

Not much to add to what's been posted already but here's my personal take on it.

- I wish that there was a lower mode than the 30 lumen low of the Luci. Maybe 3 brightness levels : 3 lumens, 20 lumens, 40 lumens. 3 lumens could make it a nightlight.
Haven't had the need for the flashing mode but others may have.

- As said in the original review, it has a clear plastic "dome/cylinder" and the creases in the material (since it's collapsible) cause a lot of artifacts in the beam. Add this to a slightly too cool tint and catching a glimpse of the LEDs hurt my eyes.
I sprayed the plastic with a dull lacquer/frosting spray. It warms up the tint a bit and diffuses the light. Plus I don't get to stare at bare LEDs.

- The top and bottom have an opaque covering. I just wish they made the bottom clear, or rather translucent and moved the hanger band/strip to the top. This would make it a nicer area light and not just like a typical lantern where the light spills out the sides only. Having a clearer bottom means that the light can be hung up high a d the light spread out better.

- What I really like is that it's very packable, light, and uses renewable energy.
Could be great for an emergency kit but I don't know how keeping it in your kit and forgetting about it will do to the internal batteries. I leave mine out on the window sill once in a while with the panels facing outward just to keep the light topped up.

Last edited:

yavinbase

Newly Enlightened
The first picture shows USB near the button, so it's USB (micro-USB)- rechargeable. That's great!

Looks like it's a 1x18650 light which might also be compatible with 2xCR123A.

XM-L2

1000 lumens on turbo

- It's sitting in water, so it's somewhat waterproof - I'd guess IPX7 or IPX8.
- The switch is not a standard clicky switch - it might be touch-activated. That could be really cool.
- I think mode selection is accomplished by a rotary selector at the rear of the flashlight.
- The modes could be programmable via USB - I really like this feature in a flashlight.
- It looks like there's a low battery indicator on the tailcap.

I haven't done any reviews, but if I got this light, I would post pictures and a short review.

Last edited:

xelario

Newly Enlightened
1. Rechargeable through the microUSB port hidden by a rubber cover on the tailside.
2. 1x18650, 2xCR123
3. XM-L2/XP-L
4. 1111 lumens
5. Capacitive touch switch, rotary mode/brightness change knob, battery indicator/location beacon in the tailcap, remote control via bluetooth. Oh, and a slot for a clip (clip not included).
6. I've done some reviews a while ago, got a better camera since. 1, 2, 3, 4.

fran82

Newly Enlightened
What a great flashlight! I promise to do a extensive review if I win one!

1.RECHARGEABLE

2.18650 LI-ION

3.CREE LED XML2

4.ABOUT 1100 LUMEN?

5.USB RECHARGING FUNCTION... BATTERY LEVEL INDICATOR...

6. YES. I have done several reviews and I can do more!

Thanks!!!!

Last edited:

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. I see "USB" label, but I think this is just a joke, so this light will be non-rechargeable
2. 26650 Li-ion or 2*AA NiMH
3. Cree MK-R High CRI
4. About 1467,82 lumen (in first 20 sec)
5. USB label is not a joke, so this light will be rechargeable
6. I can share professional photos, I use high end Canon cameras, pls check my sample photo (be careful high-res 6200*4620 pixels, 15,2MB)

Last edited:

ahirshy

Newly Enlightened
Are equal number of winners chosen across all three forums; or a proportionate number of winners to the amount of entries made in that forum?

Last edited:

Henk4U2

Enlightened
Nice looking flashlight, makes a fine EDC if it comes with a clip.

1 USB-port, indicating it's rechargeable
2 1*18650, possibly 2*CR123A with sleeve
3 XP-l, CW
4 950 lm
5 continue variable output with wheel and memory
6 don't have the equipment for a real review, but can give an honest opinion

thanks for the opportunity

markr6

Flashaholic
1. I see "USB" label, but I think this is just a joke, so this light will be non-rechargeable
2. 26650 Li-ion or 2*AA NiMH
3. Cree MK-R High CRI
4. About 1467,82 lumen (in first 20 sec)
5. USB label is not a joke, so this light will be rechargeable
6. I can share professional photos, I use high end Canon cameras, pls check my sample photo (be careful high-res 6200*4620 pixels, 15,2MB)

:crackup::crackup:BEST. POST. OF. ALL. TIME. :crackup::crackup: