RIP Lighthound.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found this today. :(

LIGHTHOUND IS CLOSED

We would like to thank you for allowing us to serve you all these wonderful years.

Please note that all orders placed have shipped.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sad news indeed. I've ordered a few things from them in the past. Back when I joined CPF in 2006, they always used to have the latest lights and the fastest shipping from US to UK.

sgt253

Enlightened
WOW! Very sad to see. Great vendor over the last 11 years I have been here. Best of Luck to LightHound in the future.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very sad news to hear. They were the first online store I ordered anything flashlight related when I first joined CPF.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is sad news. I actually frequented their store when I was in Pearland, TX. Then they relocated to Alvin and I was never able to stop in since. :(

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
The website was redone. I thought that was a good sign of reinvesting in business because your going to be around. Hopefully all is good for them.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
That's a bummer. I seldom order flashlight stuff anymore, but had placed a few orders from them over the years.
They're actually listed in my CPF Profile for 'Favorite Dealer'.

I still have a free coin-cell light from them clipped to a mounting point in my briefcase.
Probably have a second one from them somewhere around here as well. :candle:

Edit: I note that the Cheers to Lighthound thread archived at CPF/MP is by far the longest Cheers thread in CPF history, with 527 replies. :(

Last edited:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Farewell Lighthound, I will personally miss you very much. Guess I gotta order from Illumination Supply. Let's keep them from going out as well.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could be something major and that occurred without warning...didn't even have a chance to hold a going-out-of-business sale.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sad to hear indeed. Placed 3-4 orders a year from them since 2006. Hope they are all ok. :(