Multitool Review: Ganzo G203 with comparisons to Leatherman Wave.

mhanlen

Enlightened
This is my review of the Ganzo G203 24-in-1 multi tool. I have been a Leatherman user and owner for 15 plus years- starting with my PST. It has been a tough and reliable tool for at least that long. I don't think the Ganzo really adds anything to the multitool game, other than a value/price point combo that is getting harder to find with other tools. I don't think I'll make a switch anytime soon, as my main EDC- but I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality you get.

Anyway all my thoughts and opinions are contained in the review. You can currently find this pretty cheap. This sample was provided my GearBest for review.

(Mods: I didn't know if here or the knife review section was the more appropriate place for this review.)

Last edited:

Imon

Enlightened
Reminds me of a Gerber Suspension ... which I used to own ... and it broke.

The Suspension seems to be the blueprint around cheap MTs. Or maybe Gerber just took the design cues from another company and ran off with it.
I know the Gerber "Bear Grylls Ultimate Multi-Tool" is essentially a repackaged Suspension that they just doubled the price on.

mhanlen

Enlightened
You're right. Looks like the pliers are a little pointier the scissors a little beefier. When I got my wave in the mail the other day- I brought it to work and during its first real outing... I was prying a nail out of some wood with the flat screwdriver and it just broke clean off. Shouldn't it bend or flex before it just breaks clean? I often wonder if the steel they use in the tools has changed over the years?

$17 and change ain't bad for this though.