Favourlight 3D Lantern In Warm/Neutral Tint Available In United States!

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to Str8stroke's post here, I did some sleuthing, and there is finally, after years of waiting, a version of the Favourlight 3D lantern available in the United States with a neutral/warm tint!

You can google "B00U2079RK" to see the lantern.

Here is the description from the Amazon sale page:

image.png

Here is the main Favourlight lantern page:

Link

Here is the Favourlight model name/number: PLM0C3D001

Here is the page for that specific model: Link

Enjoy! :)

**NOTE: I have no idea how many different vendors stamp their own house brand/label on Favourlight lanterns and call it their own. I am guessing well over ten, probably more than a dozen. I highly doubt Favourlight would disclose all the different entities that request private labeling. However, if someone is curious, I can shoot them an email and ask. They might not even respond, but, I think it might be neat to try...:whistle:

EDIT #1: After browsing some of the reviews on Amazon, I noticed a trend: Many of them say something along the lines of "I was given a discount for writing an honest review." Now, some of them simply copy and paste from the specs, a cheap form of literary filler, but many of them do include some useful information, if not a bit of blithe blathering as to how this particular illumination tool is the greatest invention ever to bless mankind. I think it is important to note that as fun (and occasionally informative) as it is to read reviews from "satisfied customers," many of those customers may have been "extra" pleased with their purchase because they received a small refund shortly after writing up their thoughts...

EDIT #2: In my excitement, I missed that there is apparently (at least) one Amazon seller with the warm/neutral tinted Gentos EX-777XP. That seller is TB Digital. When I searched the Amazon product code, interestingly, the first hit is not on the U.S. Amazon site. Rather, it is on the Japanese site! So I don't know if this person is importing than from Japan...or...?

Regardless, given that the lantern that is the subject of this writeup is available for $29.99 off Amazon, and it boasts a slightly higher lumen count, and it has a new-style diffuser panel, I see no reason to buy the older Gentos EX-777XP. I know a few members here have the Gentos labeled unit. If anyone does have both, it would be neat to post how they compare, with especial respect paid to the new type of diffuser used in the PLM0C3D001.

EDIT #3: For those who just can't get enough Favourlight, here is the complete 2014–2015 catalog!

Link

While I don't have beamshots, here are some pictures straight from the horse's mouth:

Front:

front.jpg

Top:

top.png

Features:

features.png

Specs:

specs.png

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are some pictures from the Amazon reviews. I tried to find pictures which show what the "diffuser panel" looks like.

It appears that the lantern body comes in the "you get whatever is in stock" color option.

EDIT: After checking, you can select, black, green, or blue.

However, looking at the pictures from/in the reviews, there are clearly more colors out there.

Perhaps they rotate or the dealer just sells whatever Favourlight sends their way?

Orange, red, and white are all clearly produced.

Current measurements at each of the different settings would be nice, but, as I don't have one, I cannot provide.

Since I've moved my portable area lighting exclusively to rechargeable lithium-ion cells, I am not likely to get one, either,
thought I can certainly appreciate a great design!

Who wants to be the first person to hack one of these open and use a bank of four 18650 cells in parallel to run one? :D

These are all thumbnails, so open in a new tab for the full view:

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) Do you have a multimeter?

2) If so, would you be willing to check the current on each of the modes?

Poppy

Flashaholic
Here are some pictures from the Amazon reviews. I tried to find pictures which show what the "diffuser panel" looks like.

These are all thumbnails, so open in a new tab for the full view:

I think that if you look at this photo, there appears to be four leds at the bottom of each of the three light panels. This does remind me of the Energizer folding lantern with "Light Fusion Technology".

I think that I would really like this lantern. Except for the fact that I already have 9 or 10 lanterns, I'd have already ordered one.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it does appear that way, doesn't it?

Spec sheet claims twelve 0.5W LEDs scattered around.

That leaves eight more to find...