To Clip or not to Clip

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got some lights without clips. I've tried the holster carry, but I've determined I prefer clip carry in my front left pocket... I've thought about drilling and tapping them for clips (except for the Ti one which I would send of to PrecisionWorks...)

I've even thought about having the anti-roll tail of my Macs Ti 17670 light turned down and drilled/tapped, but as it's the only one out there, wasn't sure I wanted to do that to it... same for the copper knurly...

how do you all carry your Mac lights?

IsaacL

Enlightened
My Tri-EDC is clipped to my back-left pocket to keep my weapon hand free. I prefer back-right when I'm unarmed though. In gym shorts it just gets clipped to the waistband.

Nicrod

Flashaholic
All my macs have clips. But IF I had one that was untapped I would prefer to keep it
that way, and deal with wearing a holster.

I do prefer to carry my Rotary in a canted kydex holster.

And I wear my clipped light in my front right pocket. And my EDC blade in my right back pocket.

and in my opinion buddy, I would not alter your Mac 17670 light in any way.
Its too cool and too rare. I would put up with a holster. Maybe have one made custom for it.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Clip clip clip!! EDC lights are always clipped in front left pocket. I'm all about that clip.

I dunno about modding super rare lights, unless you carry it often and use it anyways. Then I'd say do what makes it most functional, forget that shelf queen nonsense. I don't believe in it.

qmtu

Enlightened
I'm in the same boat. Just bought a Titanium Tri EDC without a clip.
Was wondering if there is a way to get an original clip installed

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I decided to install one on my Brass knurly. put the etched McGizmo clip on it...
attachment.php

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
okay, so I've clipped another Mac light since last post. a beautiful Brass EDC

now I'm possibly moving into forbidden territory :) as it's way more mods than just adding a clip

Contemplating taking a Knurly body, and turning down the middle to match the EDC style, but still have the knurling on the ends of the body (and keep the head fully knurled). and then add a clip too :)

only problem I have it that both lights I'm contemplating this on are one-off knurlies!

- Knurly #1, the SST-50 EDC length knurly
- Copper Tri-Knurly

flame away!!!!

Ladd

Enlightened
No flame necessary. IMHO If you enjoy your treasures more with clips, then that's the way it should be.

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may be in the minority, but I say keep it in its original form. There are SO many lights that now look & have that narrow grip form. I won't mention the makers who are now mimicking that style. Your light should stay as it is. They are already rare. It's like taking a classic Ford Model T, and chopping it up. My 2 bits. ..

Last edited:

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry my non clipped Mac on the right side of my wallet. So if "O" is my wallet & "I " is my Mac they ride like this in my right rear pocket. "OI"