what are the LED's on offer on the alpha customs?.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi if I buy another ready made custom, what's the LED choices Jason has?.

If you bought a ready made custom recently , what led did you choose and why?.

Thanks.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
his website has them listed but i don't know if its current. otherwise hes the only flashlight maker other than Don still using xm-ls instead of xm-l2's.

Robone

Newly Enlightened
I have a Ready Made and a Custom. The RM comes with the 4500k MCE, of course. The Custom I ordered, from the most recent batch, has the MCE 6500k. I received my RM and thought (as an obsessive hobbyist) " OK, I want another one." I wanted more output in my second one so I considered going with the XM-l but decided to stick with the cool MCE because it kept to the philosophy of the purpose of this particular flashlight. I felt like the beam pattern itself was what defines this torch. Beam tint, to me, doesn't matter: you get used to whatever your using. At the very least I only took one step away from how the Alpha was designed and changed the tint but kept the beam pattern. If I chose the cool XM-l it would be a totally different light. That's how I reasoned with myself. My Custom ended up with a lot higher output at 744 lumens so I am happy with that. Yet part of me now needs one of each with all the other emitters and tints.............................