• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Going Gear.com - Olight S1 Baton 1x CR123/16340 XM-L2 500 Lumen Flashlight

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
The smallest side switch LED flashlight from Olight is here! Yes, it is even smaller than the popular S10/S10R. The Olight S1 Baton is crazy small at only 2.75 inches long. Although the light is tiny it can produce a beam distance of 110 meters and has a maximum output of 500 lumens! When you don't want or need a ton of light, the S1 will go all the way down to 0.5 lumens on the lowest setting. Like the other Baton series lights, you have instant access to high, moonlight, and your memorized setting from off.

Instead of a standard reflector, the S1 has an optic that produces a very smooth, even beam, perfect for close to medium distance lighting of wide areas without the tunnel vision effect that a bright hotspot can give.

The S1 features an XM-L2 LED and is powered by a single CR123A or 16340 battery. The light has 3 modes and 2 special modes which include a strobe and a moonlight mode. There is a built-in timer that you can activate and let the light run for 3 or 10 minutes, perfect for getting ready in a tent, some nighttime reading, or any other task where you don't want your light to be on indefinitely.

The side switch is made of recessed silicon surrounded by a metal bezel which keeps the light from accidentally turning on in your pocket. The switch ring and bezel on the front of the light are blue for a really cool look. The flashlight comes with a pocket clip, a hole for a lanyard and the signature Olight magnetic tail cap for convenience.

Olight S1 Baton

This Olight S1 Baton is in stock and ready to ship!

v5XinRb.jpg

Cq3IySU.jpg

m6hbxMi.jpg

Last edited:

NorthernStar

Enlightened

The side switch is made of recessed silicon surrounded by a metal bezel which keeps the light from accidentally turning on in your pocket.

m6hbxMi.jpg

I take your word for it, but when looking at this picture, the switch does not look like it´s so much recessed, at least not when compared to the recessed switch that the S10R has. So far, do you have any accidental activation with the S1?

Do you have a video review of the S1 in progress with outdoor beamshots? Hope to see it soon.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
I take your word for it, but when looking at this picture, the switch does not look like it´s so much recessed, at least not when compared to the recessed switch that the S10R has. So far, do you have any accidental activation with the S1?

Do you have a video review of the S1 in progress with outdoor beamshots? Hope to see it soon.

The switch is siliconized rubber, so some accidental pressure in your pocket won't turn it on nearly as easily as the hard plastic ones. It does stick out a bit from the metal ring, but not so much that it will be an issue. I've had one in my pocket for about a week with no issues.

Yes, we're working on a video.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
The switch is siliconized rubber, so some accidental pressure in your pocket won't turn it on nearly as easily as the hard plastic ones. It does stick out a bit from the metal ring, but not so much that it will be an issue. I've had one in my pocket for about a week with no issues.

Yes, we're working on a video.

Thank´s for telling. However, i am not convinced that it´s free from possibility of accidental activation untill i´ve seen the video review. If i understand it right, this light does not have any lock out mode?

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
Thank´s for telling. However, i am not convinced that it´s free from possibility of accidental activation untill i´ve seen the video review. If i understand it right, this light does not have any lock out mode?

No light is free from the possibility. It's just unlikely.

You can slightly loosen the tailcap to lock it out. I highly prefer that method over one built in to the interface because it truly breaks the connection.

onthebeam

Enlightened
I don't use a lanyard. Thus was thinking of sliding tritium inside the lanyard holes in the tail area.

Could that work? Need a width of 1.5 mm.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
I don't use a lanyard. Thus was thinking of sliding tritium inside the lanyard holes in the tail area.

Could that work? Need a width of 1.5 mm.

Yeah, you could probably pull that off. I can't get my calipers in there to verify, but it looks like there might be enough room. Could probably drill out a little more space if you need it.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened

Hopefully this gives you a better idea of how much it has to be depressed before activating. It's the least likely switch out of all their versions to accidentally activate, in my opinion.

A1Cb7hl.jpg

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Hopefully this gives you a better idea of how much it has to be depressed before activating. It's the least likely switch out of all their versions to accidentally activate, in my opinion.

A1Cb7hl.jpg

The button on the S10R is even more recessed than this one, but you convince me enough to buy one. I am going to wear this light in my working pants at work where i bump in to things everyday and that´s why i care about potential accidental activations. However, by judging from the picture it looks promising. I am looking forward to see the video review of the S1.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
The button on the S10R is even more recessed than this one, but you convince me enough to buy one. I am going to wear this light in my working pants at work where i bump in to things everyday and that´s why i care about potential accidental activations. However, by judging from the picture it looks promising. I am looking forward to see the video review of the S1.

For what it's worth, I've had the S1 and a Nitecore EC11 in my pocket for a few weeks and the EC11 is constantly turning on by itself. S1 has never turned on accidentally.

AmericanEDC

Newly Enlightened
That's crazy (in a good way). I thought the S10 was as about as small as it could get.

I've got one acronym for you: TIR

It costs way more for a manufacturer to develop it than a reflector. Kudos to Olight.

(If I'm not incorrect...the answer for shaving length off any LED torch.).

Look at the Fenix e15 for another example of a shortest in class light (twisty). Unfortunately it has a plastic lens that scratched up when on keychain and it's limited to 170 lumens....sorry for the digression.

This S1 is very nice. I do plan to get one!!!

NorthernStar

Enlightened
For what it's worth, I've had the S1 and a Nitecore EC11 in my pocket for a few weeks and the EC11 is constantly turning on by itself. S1 has never turned on accidentally.

Today i received my S30R II, and if i understand it correctly it has the same side switch as the S1. The feeling of it is better than i thought, but it is still a little protruding.
IMAG0212_zpsity19ac8.jpg

I will do further tests both on the S30R II and the on the S1 when i receive it.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I held up my Titanium S10 next to my finger and it looks just like that comparison picture with the S1. Does that guy (hopefully not Marshal :p ) have small hands? Can you give a reference next to a common object, like a AA battery or dollar bill?

Northern, I think it has more to do with how far you have to press the rubber in to activate the button. The ring has a height and the button has a height, but as long as the depression of the button where it activates is lower than the ring, it shouldn't get activated.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
I held up my Titanium S10 next to my finger and it looks just like that comparison picture with the S1. Does that guy (hopefully not Marshal :p ) have small hands? Can you give a reference next to a common object, like a AA battery or dollar bill?

Northern, I think it has more to do with how far you have to press the rubber in to activate the button. The ring has a height and the button has a height, but as long as the depression of the button where it activates is lower than the ring, it shouldn't get activated.

Well, since i now have purchased the light i can give you a comparison picture.
Olight%20S1%20006_zps7kuwvli9.jpg

To the left is the S10R and to the right is the S1 in comparison to a matchbox.

I´ve been testing the light for some days now and so far no accidental activation has occurred, but i still like the button on the S10R more over the S1.