• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Group Buy: 15mm Tritium sphere Green, New, High Pressure - 9.24 ci

sio2ga

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I am new to the board and no idea what I'm doing as far as a group buy. I can get Tritium 15mm spheres made. These will be new high pressure with 9.24 Ci content (the 18mm B@rt sold were 9.99 so these have nearly the same content and hopefully the same or better light output since they will be freshly made). The only color is green (but if you want 50 of a different color that could be done). I was qouted $144 per sphere but with a note that it might be 1 to 10% less depended on tritium gas costs when they actually begin making these so this means the price may be as low as $126 per sphere. I will be making $2 per sphere but this is assuming that I am going to have to buy a good many of these myself. I only want one or two spheres and if the forum comes up with people wanting the other 48 then I'll wave my $2 per sphere that I would be making.
I am not sure how people normally keep track of how many people are interested. I propose that you comment that you want some, state the quantity and then comment what the running total is at counting your requested addition. We will start out with me wanting two. So, if the first person that comments if they want one, just say you want one, and the running total is now up to a total of three.
If this is not how things are done or if someone has a better way, I'm new here and welcome suggestions.
I'm REALLY wanting some of these spheres and I hope other people want them too and that we can make this work.
Edited to add: if I see that there's enough interest I can set up a "Groupgets" campaign so that everyone can be assured of getting there sphere and not losing there money. One problem with that is that you have to set the price, and it could be that we can get the spheres a lot cheaper than $144 each - possibly as low as $126. I don't know if they are set up to refund a portion of the money if it turns out to be lower than $144 per sphere. Here is a link to groupgets to see how they handle a group buy. I found the site here on the forum where someone recommended it.
https://groupgets.com/howitworks
Edited to add: this will be the type sphere that has an uncoated window in the front. That is supposed to greatly increase brightness.
Just to be clear, these will be made for us and will be brand new, Green, 15 mm, and will contain 9.24 CI per sphere.

Here we go:
Sio2ga (Rodney) wants 2, running total is 2

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take one. If this group buy works out, there's a few people that will be making some awesome tritium gear!

KarstGhost

Enlightened
I know a lot of people have been looking for the spheres. I'll try to message who I've seen here recently looking for them and give them a heads up about this.

I expect you will meet your numbers on this. I wish I could afford one, but currently I can't.

sio2ga

Newly Enlightened
It looks like that we are up to 6 spheres out of 50 needed. @DKlaser : How many are you interested in? I can buy a few extra to make the deal work but I don't want to spend more that $500 personally if I can avoid it.

sio2ga

Newly Enlightened
Did the vendor give an ETA once you submit the order?. Where will they ship from?.

Thanks

I am assuming that once we submit the order that they will be made within 4 weeks. I have been wondering the same thing myself and since it looks like I can probably make this work I will ask. I will also see if they will ship to each individual otherwise I would have to do that from the US.

DKlaser

Enlightened
Sorry for the delay, I have been super busy. I am in for at least a few myself and I think customers that are interested in me having me make something to fit these are very interested. I have heard from at least 4 that want to get in.

sio2ga

Newly Enlightened
Here's where we are at so far on getting some spheres
Sio2ga wants 2 running balance: 2
KuanR wants 1 running balance: 3
DKlaser wants 3 running balance 6
Monanza wants 2 running balance 8
Sledhead wants 1 running balance 9
We need a total of 50 to order. Balance needed to make the order is 41

If I missed anyone, please let me know. If you're interested and want to get a sphere please let me know! Once I get 30 or so people I'll start a formal groupgets campaign. I am thinking that you will not need to pay for this for a month or perhaps two, so that might help some people that couldn't buy one right now.
If you know someone that might be interested in getting a sphere, please show them this thread.
Thanks!
Rodney

Last edited:

sio2ga

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the delay, I have been super busy. I am in for at least a few myself and I think customers that are interested in me having me make something to fit these are very interested. I have heard from at least 4 that want to get in.
Can you have your friends comment here indicating they want them so I can add them to the list? So far we need 41 spheres to reach the necessary minimum to order. Thanks

sio2ga

Newly Enlightened
Update on group buy:
Here's where we are at so far on getting some spheres
Sio2ga wants 2 running balance: 2
KuanR wants 1 running balance: 3
DKlaser wants 3 running balance 6
Monanza wants 2 running balance 8
Sledhead wants 1 running balance 9
H34me wants 1 running balance 10
We need a total of 50 to order. Balance order needed to make the is 40

At this rate it will be a long time to be able to make the group buy!

sio2ga

Newly Enlightened
you're in ATL too? could I see these in person?

I wish I had one of these 15mm spheres for you to see! It's going to take about seven thousand dollars or so for me to see one, as far as I can tell. That's why I'm doing the group buy, so that I can have a couple of them. In order to have the factory make them there is a minimum order of 50. I do have a very nice, new 11mm sphere on hand that is for sale if you wanted to drive down and see it. It's bright! But, it's on the small side at 11mm. I live off of I-75 on exit 205. Once you get past the traffic past McDonough it is not a bad drive and I live in the country about 5 mile from the interstate so no traffic there. I was up 441 as far North as Athens. If I had of known I could have brought one of the 11mm along and met you half-way or something.​

Last edited: