Do you know this Surefire incandescent torch?

Fuchshp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a strange old Surefire incandescent torch. Do you know what this could be?

IMG_20150823_174552_zpsl5vlbpzw.jpg

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha, good job guys. Great minds think alike.

Unfortunately enough the 10x didn't hold its value very well. Some of the used ones I have run across, the grey rubbery part turned a funky brown color. There were also no real upgrades I was aware of for it. However in its time, I guess you could say it was rather ground breaking. I can remember the first time I held one, I though WOW. I remember thinking, how can this plastic handle so much heat.
Plus it ran on a specialized SF Nicad battery.

Cut and Paste from web:
"Surefire 10X Dominator Flashlight is rechargeable dual-output ultra high-output incandescent flashlight for tactical, duty, general, and searchlight use. Two-stage switch of the Surefire flashlight allows user to select a long-runtime tactical-level beam (Surefire MN30 lamp assembly) or a powerful 500-lumen search beam (Surefire MN31 lamp assembly). Surefire dual reflector/lamp system produces separate pre-focused beams - both are brilliant, smooth, no shadows or rings. Tactical beam has four times the light of a big 2-cell flashlight, searchlight has over thirty times the light. Dominator 10X Tactical Flashlight from SureFire includes mountable SureFire SmartCharger charging cradle, AC power source, DC auto plug adapter. Surefire SmartCharger C911 of Dominator 10x Surefire Tactical Lightprotects charging batteries from voltage spikes."

Anyways, nice stroll down memory lane.

Fuchshp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you! 500 Lumen? Wow!! A pitty I can't charge the battery and play with it. I have no charger and the battery is probably no good anymore anyways.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone here may be able to assist you in building a replacement. Anything is possible. Search some of the threads to find if there are any current batteries on the market that are a suitable replacement. I thought I remember reading of someone building them with in the last few years.

ebuchner

Newly Enlightened
I may be able to provide you with some information. I recently rebuilt three three dominator battery handles with nimh cells. I get about 25 minutes of runtime on full power. I charge them with the original charging cradle, but I have torn out the nicad charging circuit and set it up with a proper nimh charger. The link below is to the exact pack I had batteryspace build, which has so far performed perfectly.

http://www.batteryspace.com/custom-nimh-battery-7-2v-2700mah-sanyo-2xi3-a.aspx

Hope this helps

Last edited: