XTAR VC2 Plus MASTER is available now!

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
201597155444846.jpg

What's up you guys? Hope you all had a nice weekend.
wink.png

Anyway, we brought you this marvelous charger VC2 Plus MASTER. Here is the quickie:

1. Countdown timer: it can tell you how much time left to fully charge your battery, which enables you to plan ahead and arrange your schedule more efficently.
2. Power bank: it can simultaneously charge your battery and the external device.
3. Available for Ni-MH and Li-ion batteries.
4. True 1A charging current per slot when two batteries are charged at the same time.

Well, what do you think? Which function do you prefer? Please comment below and we welcome suggestions from you.
Feel free to ask if you have any further questions or you can click here to know more: http://www.xtarlight.com/05-chanpin/p-001-1.asp?styleid=371

And thank you for all your support.

UnderPar

Enlightened
I own the first version of this charger and based on the four written above, these are really "plus" to this version of the charger. I prefer the 1A charging current per slot since the previous model doesn't charge this high.

In your post #4, it says that; "True 1A charging current per slot when two batteries are charged at the same time".

Question: When using 1 slot only, what is charging current? Will it be the same 1A? Or higher?

Last edited:

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
I own the first version of this charger and based on the four written above, these are really "plus" to this version of the charger. I prefer the 1A charging current per slot since the previous model doesn't charge this high.

In your post #4, it says that; "True 1A charging current per slot when two batteries are charged at the same time".

Question: When using 1 slot only, what is charging current? Will it be the same 1A? Or higher?
Hello there, yes, it'll also be 1A when using 1 slot only.

Phlogiston

Enlightened
It looks like a nice charger, but I have a VP2 (an excellent charger), so the only thing that would make me upgrade is a more powerful USB powerbank function. Unfortunately, the powerbank function is still limited to 1A, which isn't enough for my tablet.

Do you plan to bring out a charger with a more powerful USB powerbank function in future?

I'd be looking for at least 2A, although 2.5A or even 3A would be better, since Apple tablets already demand up to 2.4A and I'd like a bit of future-proofing built in.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, I want this, I do need a good charger.
I might add a feature so charger can be a true power bank.
Plop a couple cells in it and charge cell phones etc without mains power supply?
Looks nice too.

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
It looks like a nice charger, but I have a VP2 (an excellent charger), so the only thing that would make me upgrade is a more powerful USB powerbank function. Unfortunately, the powerbank function is still limited to 1A, which isn't enough for my tablet.

Do you plan to bring out a charger with a more powerful USB powerbank function in future?

I'd be looking for at least 2A, although 2.5A or even 3A would be better, since Apple tablets already demand up to 2.4A and I'd like a bit of future-proofing built in.

Hi there, we have this charger which you may wanna try? It has 2.1A output current: http://www.xtarlight.com/05-chanpin/p-001-1.asp?styleid=280

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Hmm, I want this, I do need a good charger.
I might add a feature so charger can be a true power bank.
Plop a couple cells in it and charge cell phones etc without mains power supply?
Looks nice too.

Hello there, Master can simultaneously charge your batteries and external device if you plug the adapter in. And if you unplug it, it still can charge your external device as long as there is a battery in the first slot.

bdogps

Enlightened
Any chance of a free give away for this charger? [emoji39]

Can it charge both Nihm and Li-ion as well?

Also does it have a micro usb connection?

Trevilux

Enlightened
VC1 Plus Master... will be desirable (Not many NiMH/Lithium chargers with one slot, screen, option 0.5/1A charge and option of recharge external device)

IsaacL

Enlightened
I want to preface this by stating that I've owned both the VP1 and VP2 chargers. They are two of the best in my opinion.

I'm VERY tempted to upgrade to a VC2 Plus Master but there are a few essential features that it doesn't have (compared to my VP2).

1) Ability to charge 3.2V cells...or 3.8V cells for that matter as well. I need the ability to charge LFP cells. I don't have any 3.8V batteries at the moment but the option is nice.

2) A 250mAh charge setting. 500mAh is OK for large cells but it sucks for smaller ones, which are primarily what I use my charger for.

3) Voltage reporting. While I do like the percentage indicator and countdown timer, the lack of accurate voltage display is a deal-breaker.

I can see how the VC2 Plus Master will be a very popular mainstream charger, especially now that it can charge Ni-MH/Ni-CD batteries. However, the lack of advanced technical features is very disappointing.

Last edited:

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Any chance of a free give away for this charger? [emoji39]

Can it charge both Nihm and Li-ion as well?

Also does it have a micro usb connection?

There could be.:cool:
Yes, it can charge both NI-HM and Li-ion.
No, it doesn't have a micro USB connection.

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
I want to preface this by stating that I've owned both the VP1 and VP2 chargers. They are two of the best in my opinion.

I'm VERY tempted to upgrade to a VC2 Plus Master but there are a few essential features that it doesn't have (compared to my VP2).

1) Ability to charge 3.2V cells...or 3.8V cells for that matter as well. I need the ability to charge LFP cells. I don't have any 3.8V batteries at the moment but the option is nice.

2) A 250mAh charge setting. 500mAh is OK for large cells but it sucks for smaller ones, which are primarily what I use my charger for.

3) Voltage reporting. While I do like the percentage indicator and countdown timer, the lack of accurate voltage display is a deal-breaker.

I can see how the VC2 Plus Master will be a very popular mainstream charger, especially now that it can charge Ni-MH/Ni-CD batteries. However, the lack of advanced technical features is very disappointing.

Thank you for sharing your opinons about it, which means a lot to our company. We'll try and improve our products to meed any of your requirments. Thanks for your attention.

IsaacL

Enlightened
Thank you for sharing your opinons about it, which means a lot to our company. We'll try and improve our products to meed any of your requirments. Thanks for your attention.

I appreciate the response and I am definitely a huge fan of your chargers. Thanks again for the consideration.

Phlogiston

Enlightened
Hi there, we have this charger which you may wanna try? It has 2.1A output current: http://www.xtarlight.com/05-chanpin/p-001-1.asp?styleid=280

Thanks for the suggestion. I did actually consider the WP2s charger and very nearly bought one, but I decided to buy the VP2 instead and just carry a normal USB powerbank for the tablet. I wasn't keen on the WP2s' loss of efficiency when using two cells for powerbank operation at high power, as seen in HKJ's review:

• HKJ's chart showing loss of efficiency:

HKJ said:
    A test with 2A current, shows a rather short runtime and also that the two batteries is loaded differently.

The termination voltage is rather high for this load (That is the reason for the short runtime).
  • Full HKJ review.

Then I saw that there had been reports of the WP2s melting when operating as a powerbank at high currents, and those put me right off (examples [1], [2] and [3]).

I'm aware that one of these events involved an iPad Air requiring 2.4A when the WP2s is only rated for 2.1A, but I require my equipment to fail safely in a situation like that.

I'd still consider a WP2s Mark 2 in future, though.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xtar I have a VC4 and love it! I have so many cells to keep charged though and am looking for a companion to the VC4. Is there any chance of a 4 slot Master? How accurately does Master charge? I know my VC4 smokes any intellicharger Ive had may just get another VC4 as I really like the voltage dislpay and mah added readout.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
My VC2 Plus master delivered today.
But perhaps I might have a problem with the XTAR VC2 Plus Master
It charge only to 0.5A

With the switch key I can only switch from 0.5 A to screen off.
I tried with two PC (computer) and even with a power adapter USB_AC
I tried it with a single battery (KP 18650) with two 18650 (KP2900 + ET 3400)
And 'it defective?

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
My VC2 Plus master delivered today.
But perhaps I might have a problem with the XTAR VC2 Plus Master
It charge only to 0.5A

With the switch key I can only switch from 0.5 A to screen off.
I tried with two PC (computer) and even with a power adapter USB_AC
I tried it with a single battery (KP 18650) with two 18650 (KP2900 + ET 3400)
And 'it defective?

Edit post:
Problem solved
With Fenix UC40 wall adapter (AC_USB) the VC2 work to 1A

To operate to 1A the VC2 required quality adapter

stjong

Newly Enlightened
which one is better between XTar VC2 and Efest LUC V2 as I am thinking to stock the product for resell but I only have access to efest and not the xtar but I read somewhere that both have good quality devices.

markr6

Flashaholic
I just got mine. Not bad, but Xtar, PLEASE add a voltage readout instead of percentage on this charger! Or both. But voltage would make this nearly perfect.