New Ultra-Lux C Cell Acrylic

DUMDUM

Enlightened
We did a C cell because of the great runtime. 8300MAH the light on high is about 4400 CP and a nice throw. If we used CR123 3V
too much heat and would melt acrylic veneer. AA to small for the push button switch.
Thanks
Bob

Last edited:

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Big thumbs up to Chris for going with an admittedly less mainstream fuel source. As Bob has mentioned, the light balances runtime and output/heat really well.

The machining and fit and finish of the light is the same as you'd expect from all TnC lights. Top-notch work. And the Acrylic work is simply a sight to behold. Get them before they're gone!

Here's my Blue Moon Pearl Ultra-Lux C next to its smaller cousin...
22221514676_ebd9670975_b.jpg

Last edited:

OneBigDay

Enlightened
Bump. I recently got one of the 18350 acrylic and it is really awesome in person. Can anybody who has one of these C cell versions comment on any of the following...

Does this tailstand / is the switch button recessed?
Anyone used this with a 1xAA (to 1C) adapter and had success? If so would you mind sharing what adapter you used.
Anyone used this with a 4xAAA (to 1C) adapter and had success? If so would you mind sharing what adapter you used. From reading reviews it seems some adapters can result in an outer diameter that is too large to fit in a standard C cell tube.

TIA for any comments

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can help with one of the questions. I have not tried any adapters to see if / how they work. a 1xAA to C adapter should work. Depending on fit. The driver was made for a single AA 1.5v battery.

This light does tail stand (switch is recessed in the back)

I will need to see about getting some of those adapters to test out with. Be kind of nice to have other battery options for emergencies.

OneBigDay

Enlightened
I can help with one of the questions. I have not tried any adapters to see if / how they work. a 1xAA to C adapter should work. Depending on fit. The driver was made for a single AA 1.5v battery.

This light does tail stand (switch is recessed in the back)

I will need to see about getting some of those adapters to test out with. Be kind of nice to have other battery options for emergencies.

TnC Thanks for the reply. Being able to tailstand is great.

I really have no objection to a C size Eneloop, but the charger is another thing. The slots in my Powerex C9000 are too small for C size, but I could build a AA sized jumper and offload to a separate C sized holder. I have done this with 26650's in my old Pila charger and it always worked fine.

Anyway, the voltage is the same for a single AA and the Eneloop Pro has 2500 mAh, so probably still could get some decent runtime off just that. 4xAAA would give you bit more at ~ 3400 mAh. Thinking.... :thinking: Just wondering if others have tried this already. I'm not ready to pull the trigger on this yet, but if & when I do, I can post any experiments I do with cells other than actual C size.

For emergencies or just plain having options is good :cool:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
You got my curious so I ordered some of each. Once they come in I will be able to post my findings.