Why doesn't Jason respond to us directly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The other custom makers on CPF usually respond to their customers in a fairly regular and timely basis.

nbp

Flashaholic
Re: Prometheans Sign Up Thread

The other custom makers on CPF usually respond to their customers in a fairly regular and timely basis.

2 posts in two years. Kinda defeats the purpose of having the subforum IMO. [emoji53] I have expressed my feelings on that with regard to other Custom Makers in the past too, and it really didn't go anywhere. If the maker is not actively involved in the discussions in the subforum they themselves asked for and agreed to moderate, the threads may as well just be in the LED flashlights forum. But whatever... The point is that it would be nice to hear from Jason once in a while.

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast

There is no question that the man makes a good custom. Personally, I love his products.
My concern here is that he appears to be so busy that he has asked someone else on his behalf to address his customers. As a business man, I find that curious. Other custom makers here from Don to OKlumen are more than happy to address questions good or bad. As NBP has mentioned, 2 posts in 2 years is inadequate.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast

2 posts in two years. Kinda defeats the purpose of having the subforum IMO. [emoji53] I have expressed my feelings on that with regard to other Custom Makers in the past too, and it really didn't go anywhere. If the maker is not actively involved in the discussions in the subforum they themselves asked for and agreed to moderate, the threads may as well just be in the LED flashlights forum. But whatever... The point is that it would be nice to hear from Jason once in a while.

There has been questions asked about future ideas, one was if a DarkSucks AA is possible?
If no AA light at all, then fair enough, but I would like to hear if its a no or a go.

I still find my Beta QRs the best AAA I have ever used.
Even to the point where I may flog my other AAAs just to get more Betas.

There is no question that the man makes a good custom. Personally, I love his products.
My concern here is that he appears to be so busy that he has asked someone else on his behalf to address his customers. As a business man, I find that curious. Other custom makers here from Don to OKlumen are more than happy to address questions good or bad. As NBP has mentioned, 2 posts in 2 years is inadequate.

I have forwarded your concerns via email.
I can not force him to reply, but can only let him know that there are issues here that require his attention.
GL

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast

You bring a very good point to this thread. I have recently been in contact with him. I mentioned your exact concern. The answer is, Yes, he does care about each and every customer, and will answer emails about products and future suggestions. Appologies to those that take offense.
There has been questions asked about future ideas, one was if a DarkSucks AA is possible?
If no AA light at all, then fair enough, but I would like to hear if its a no or a go.
I still find my Beta QRs the best AAA I have ever used.
Even to the point where I may flog my other AAAs just to get more Betas.
Jason is being pulled in many directions, and Your idea has been noted for possible future projects.
Jason has been told of your concern. Again, appologies if he has responded personally. I could tell you a story, but that would not sustain your concerns.

Lastly, There is going to be an annoucement of the next new product within a few weeks. I can tell You that it will be in a new thread, in this forum, that will be only open to all here who are Prometheans :D

Thank You all for your input.

GL

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
In an effort to have better content and engagement, I will be helping Jason out since he does not have the time to be more active as he would like to be here.

As promised,
here is the Post about the new product.
Feel free to start a new thread with any concerns.
Cheers
GL

archer6817j

Enlightened
Hey all, I did just want to stick my head in here and let you know that I'm still alive :) As "Got Lumens" has mentioned, I'm incredibly short on time and I've made GL the moderator of my subforum so we can actually have some content on here. I often lament that I don't have time for CPF (or any forum) these days, and this seemed like the best way to do it. Work is crazy; I've got myself spread thin on the number of products I make, and I'm basically doing production and assembly 95% of the time. I find much more enjoyment in coming up with new things than doing production, but that's the reality of trying to pay the bills with my own business. If I don't do the work, it doesn't get done. We also have two kids now and that's where the remainder of my "free time" goes :) It's hard to even find time to email with GL about what the content should be...and I'm making him to all the actual work! Anyway, it is what it is but I hope (with the generous help of GL) to breath some life back into this sub forum!

Cheers,

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.