the floodiest alpha

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello there, - between a nichia 219a and the MCE 4500, which one would give the floodiest beam in the ledil boom reflector?.

im guessing the makers choice MCE with the 4 LED in one, but is that right?.
would it be a noticeable difference?.
reading about the mce on here it seems it's a favourite compared to other led's still after so long as it's known as an old led.

I'm looking for the floodiest rather than anything else in an alpha custom this time round.
I might have the mce in a custom.

thanks.

Last edited:

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello there, - between a nichia 219a and the MCE 4500, which one would give the floodiest beam in the ledil boom reflector?.

im guessing the makers choice MCE with the 4 LED in one, but is that right?.
would it be a noticeable difference?.
reading about the mce on here it seems it's a favourite compared to other led's still after so long as it's known as an old led.

I'm looking for the floodiest rather than anything else in an alpha custom this time round.
I might have the mce in a custom.

thanks.

Yes, the MCE will provide the most flood.
All the LED options for Alpha customs will be pretty floody due to the design (reflector) but the MCE will be more so.
I personally find my ready made with an MCE to have a very nice beam.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks I'm deciding between neutral or cool white MCE.
i wonder what alpha Jason carries.

Thanks.

Yes, the MCE will provide the most flood.
All the LED options for Alpha customs will be pretty floody due to the design (reflector) but the MCE will be more so.
I personally find my ready made with an MCE to have a very nice beam.

Robone

Newly Enlightened
Jason carries a Ready Made. He's mentioned this on his site but also directly to me in an email exchange. I don't think I'm special or anything, he just responded to some random customer with questions.

Last edited: