Vape Deals

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's one that I got in email today from vape.deals. Pretty sweet deal.

ecig-city has a bundle deal for sale:
HCigar VT 200 DNA bundled with either a TFV4 Black or a Sense Cyclone for $149.99.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa that is a good deal. Are they shipping the DNA 200 right now with no wait time?

ven

Flashaholic
+1 great idea , love the look of that dna200 version and with tank is a bargain!!

Worth checking gearbest for some 25r deals and LG 18650 cells, as on offer at present .

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's one from today. ecig-city has the HCigar VT200 up for $120. Pretty nice deal.

Makes me wonder what the profit margins on this vape stuff is. It's got to be huge. I always see such huge price spreads on the mods and tanks. It's a shame there is no competition in the e-juice pricing. Premiums in the US are pretty much steady at $22 for 30mL online.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's one from today. ecig-city has the HCigar VT200 up for $120. Pretty nice deal.

Makes me wonder what the profit margins on this vape stuff is. It's got to be huge. I always see such huge price spreads on the mods and tanks. It's a shame there is no competition in the e-juice pricing. Premiums in the US are pretty much steady at $22 for 30mL online.

Sean...maybe this could be a new endeavor for you to start something great :)

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Believe me - I think about it constantly Ryan. It would be a pretty risky step and I'd have to leave the safety of my IT job in order to move on that venture.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Believe me - I think about it constantly Ryan. It would be a pretty risky step and I'd have to leave the safety of my IT job in order to move on that venture.

Vape shops have proliferated like crazy in my area... and they are pretty much always busy. The #1 thing they sell is juice, but also mods, at a very large markup from what we buy online. For example, the Smok Cube II, I picked up one for $75, and another for $55... the shop sold them for $110, and they ran out of 20 in three days. Vs the kind of deals I'm able to find online everyday, the markup is at least 30% in store for mods, and tanks.

The markup on juice is even higher. Shops generally sell 30-35ml bottles for $13-25 or so, but especially for their in store brands, at ~$15, they have to be making 80% profit.

It's a an in demand and growing market, but it's going to hit regulation roadblocks soon. I expect juice makers specifically will soon be required to abide by the same kind of standards as food, or pharma manufacturers, regulating the small guys out business. This is all of course courtesy of the tobacco industry, backed by the prospect of lost tax revenue on the government side.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast

After reading what you said, you're definitely right. This isn't something you can do part time on the side, if it's going to work it's definitely a full time gig. Calling it a risky step is an understatement, this is more in line with gambling.

ven

Flashaholic
I think if the decision was made 5yrs ago then the world would have been your oyster. The problems i see is too many jumped on the bandwagon which waters down the demand and increases competition.

Now by no means am i saying its a bad idea, if your area is limited to vape supplies then it could work well. Things to bare in mind would be online competition,maybe an online shop so less overheads and be competitive in the market place .

The other issue is time line, imho i think we are closing in on taxs,restrictions on equipment which may even drive vaping to online/importing(would say underground a too strong word for now).

Here in the UK the EU are trying to push all kinds of stuff through,UK wise prescriptions from your doctors etc etc.........

Certainly a lot of money to be made, even now with a saturated market in most places............reputation,word of mouth is key to be on the cutting edge imo. Trouble is there are so many well established shops/sellers out there,the competition is high.

Being creative/innovative would be the way forward, ideas that maybe have not been introduced or limited right now .

An example would be, RBA ,tanks that have coils and can use rebuidable coils in one........who would have thought a couple of years back. Who would have thought sub ohm vaping would have been a buy over the counter,vape at home type..........

Mods, this could be improved, reduced size, different materials and now customs come in. Nice custom mods........yes lots already but not that many works of art. Look at the options in flashlights, imagine the cross over to a stunning ti mod with the latest chip set. Maybe there are some out there(probably will be) but the rarer they are,the more demand from hard core vapers to stand out from the "vaping crowd".

Many are happy to spend $2-$3+k on a beautiful light piece, well i am sure lots of vapers would too,after all vapers have their mods in their hands most of the time,lights not so much in comparison.

I am yet to use a flashlight for 8-10hrs a day,every day,for weeks/months............if i can spend $xxx on a nice light,why cant i justify $xxx on a nice mod

Just imo..............

Being on step ahead is key, what that step is............well think of what would be your ideal mod,cant find/buy it ..........maybe that would be a start for a custom.

On to shops,would require a big risk,as Ryan said it is a gamble. Way of reducing this would depend on area and demand.........only kind of guide line would be the old fashioned way,surveys around town etc to gauge interest.

Not just a vape shop, customers come in and think vape cafe, choices of juice to try(home made from a menu type),vape,chat,sell!!!

I would love a vape shop, have an interest, enjoy it and could talk about it all day. Even my local vape shop said i should be behind the counter a couple of years back :laughing: .

The main ingredient for me is passion, has to be in your blood.............not just a money maker, but a passion. Key ingredients for me in a successful business...........easier said than done and again only my opinion in general .

The clock is ticking though!!!! but saying that, it has been for a few years now and nothing has changed................red or black!!!!

ven

Flashaholic
Geez did i type all that:eek:
No spelling checks so apologies in advance ........
:laughing:

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome deal,nice find and cant believe its cheaper than the mini version!

Only 3 :laughing: :poke:

Unforgiven691

Newly Enlightened
I've been interested in getting one of these mods that's 18650 powered, but I'm having a really hard time figuring out what kind of batteries I should get for it. If anyone can offer some advice, I'd much appreciate it.

ven

Flashaholic
IMR or INR chemistry , so for example samsung 25r/ 30Q/LG 2500/Efest 35a 2500mah/vtc5/vtc4 to name some. Just make sure a reputable seller and have a little read up on the safety side to charging etc etc. Charger wise if not already, xtar offer decent value chargers and the opus btc3100 v2.2 is a good do it all type.

Unforgiven691

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Ven, I was looking at some Efests the other day and was wondering if they would work. I have a Digicharger on its way already since I'm starting to accumulate quite a few lights that are using 18650s and 14500s. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here since there are quite a few well informed people in the forum :)

ven

Flashaholic
No probs, just remember the 2500mah are the better of the efests, the 3100mah are 10a so kind of not ideal unless using "normal" vape equipment(not sub ohm) as the cell would be working on its limit pretty much. The 2600mah which iirc are 40a rated, should be avoided as they are not........

Just dont use normal 18650 cells like pany B'/A's etc etc as these are not high enough rated.:)

ven

Flashaholic
This is a ridiculous deal so be quick if its up your street!!!
http://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_268745.html

Ordered one as too cheap to not................gone against what i had planned by ordering from GB due to very slow delivery and constantly changing times. Still await my smok mini from October, been put back to the 30th Nov now from the 15th. Took payment on the 13th so i expected shipping within a few days.............not to worry for now!

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
ven - be careful with this order. There are two of the Reuleaux 200W TC mods out. One is based on the DNA200 chip and more expensive. The other is based on some other 200W chipset and priced around $50-60. This may be the lower priced one.