Promethean's who've seen the MC-E LED

What best describes You:

• I'm a Promethean, of course I have seen the MC-E in an Alpha

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • I'm a Promethean. but would sure like to see the MC-E in an Alpha.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes I have seen the MC-E in an Alpha, but have not joined

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No I have not seen the MC-E in an Alpha or joined

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a ready made with the neutral MC-E in it. great beam for indoors and short ranges outdoors.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't go wrong with the 'Maker's Choice' 4500K Neutral. I have that in my Blue-Label.

To this day, I think Jason has one of the best 'newbie-friendly' websites that does an excellent job showing the tint and the beam characteristics of his offerings. Love the LED selection section. :twothumbs

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking this will be in my next custom alpha.
i was thinking of a hds nichia led but although it's good the light just doesn't feel quality in my hands!.

nbp

Flashaholic
I'm thinking this will be in my next custom alpha.
i was thinking of a hds nichia led but although it's good the light just doesn't feel quality in my hands!.

HDS doesn't feel quality in your hands? I have never heard that from an owner before. How so?

Last edited:

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS doesn't feel quality in your hands? I have never heard that from an owner before. How so?

Wow, me either. HDS is <snip>.

I haven't looked at this part of the forum here but I see my post was sensored?
This is very odd as I never did anything of the sort as mentioned by moderation. Surely this was misinterpreted.
From memory I may have said HDS was ants pants but I can't completely recall.
Anyway, I was saying HDS is great as I also have about prometheus.
To elaborate anyone from the UK or Australia etc would be familiar with the expression, it's similar to saying the cat's meow etc etc.

Last edited:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an MC-E in a Ready-Made. The MC-E + Ledil boom reflector = wonderful beam profile and tint.

I have the HDS 170 N (Nichia 219B) clicky and rotary - they are quality lights, too. I want to replace the standard reflector with the new flood reflector, but this will have to wait for my next trip to the US.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which flood reflector is that?.
your own work or is HDS doing it in their lights ?.

Thanks

I have an MC-E in a Ready-Made. The MC-E + Ledil boom reflector = wonderful beam profile and tint.

I have the HDS 170 N (Nichia 219B) clicky and rotary - they are quality lights, too. I want to replace the standard reflector with the new flood reflector, but this will have to wait for my next trip to the US.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to the HDS site and look at Accessories. They also offer 18650 bodies. My problem is the overseas shipping is expensive. That's why I'll wait for my next trip to the US.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any comparisons between the Alpha MC-E w/Boom reflector and the HDS?
Beamshots perhaps?

Which flood reflector is that?.
your own work or is HDS doing it in their lights ?.
Thanks
Hogo ships for $23USD.
NW, this a topic for LED Flashlights Forum :D

Go to the HDS site and look at Accessories. They also offer 18650 bodies. My problem is the overseas shipping is expensive. That's why I'll wait for my next trip to the US.

Jason ships USPS with no mark up's and delivery confirmation for orders greater than $200 automatically. Being international Yoyoman, I'm sure Jason can match or beat the shipping, just send him an email to [email protected] .

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any comparisons between the Alpha MC-E w/Boom reflector and the HDS?
Beamshots perhaps?

NW, this a topic for LED Flashlights Forum :D

Jason ships USPS with no mark up's and delivery confirmation for orders greater than $200 automatically. Being international Yoyoman, I'm sure Jason can match or beat the shipping, just send him an email to [email protected] .

There are various posts in the HDS forum regarding the flood reflector including beam shots.
HDS and Alpha lights are very different lights so it's a bit of an apples and oranges situation but from what I've seen the HDS flood reflector is like nothing available anywhere else in a reflector. It gives a perfect artefact free beam with qualities you'd associate with a mule rather than a reflector.

nbp

Flashaholic
Agreed. It's more like the SunDrop than anything else from what I've seen. No real hotspot but slightly more throw than a true Mule.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are various posts in the HDS forum regarding the flood reflector including beam shots.
HDS and Alpha lights are very different lights so it's a bit of an apples and oranges situation but from what I've seen the HDS flood reflector is like nothing available anywhere else in a reflector. It gives a perfect artefact free beam with qualities you'd associate with a mule rather than a reflector.
Yes, Agreed.
They are different beams, and different flashlights.
There are many factors that attribute to a flashlight's beam quality.
The Alpha w/Boom reflector is designed to do ~80% of most general EDC purposes and have a beam with some flood and some reach.The new 'Icarus' driver allows for better CRI of the Alpha's LED's at lower levels of output.

I'm going to try and get some Alpha MC-E w/Boom reflector beashots posted soon.
Anyone have any comparison beamshots of their Alpha?
Please post, this thread needs some pics :D

GL

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my Ready-Made directly from Jason and the service was very good. I got my HDS lights from retailers, not directly from Henry. When I went to the HDS site to get the reflector and some other stuff, I didn't see the $23 option. I'll look again. I'll try to take some comparison pictures this weekend, but it has been raining every night.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks.
Also, i read many places that many say that the mce beam with the ledil boom reflector is the best they've seen, and I'm certain it's very true.
Even the copper QR beam is pretty good!.

I got my Ready-Made directly from Jason and the service was very good. I got my HDS lights from retailers, not directly from Henry. When I went to the HDS site to get the reflector and some other stuff, I didn't see the $23 option. I'll look again. I'll try to take some comparison pictures this weekend, but it has been raining every night.

Last edited: