Whats YOUR Adventure?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's right, asflashlights begs the question.

With whirl wind of awesome toys flooding the CPF halls every day. Don't just tell us what you've got, show us what it is you DO with it!

Once your geared up, set up, packed up, fixed up, trixed up, why don't you hold up and take a moment to show up (the guy next to ya that is :poke:). Now is your time to "shine"! Show us your happy place.

This thread is for you to show us all

1. Where you go?

Show us where you like to trek. Even if its not dark and there is no flashlight in the picture. This is not the beam shot thread after all.

2. What did you do while you were there?

Did you scuba dive, snow ski? Did you go caving? Did you use a flashlight?

3. What was your gear?

Last but certainly not least, what did you have on or with you at the time. What flashlights, knives, guns, head lamps etc. What about your favorite back pack?

1. Where?

Twin falls at Richland creek. Two creeks coming to a head at one place. Ice cold and refreshing even in July!

2. What?
About 2 days worth of hiking one the most beautiful creek I have ever seen with the most beautiful woman I have every known ( my wife). About 20ish miles of hike in all, most of it through the thickest poison ivy I have every see, but totally worth while.

Lots of good swims, a bit of snorkeling. From there a hike up the mountain to Sandstone Castle.

3. Gear?
I'll leave off all the backpack stuff and just give ya what I know your lookin' for.

Yep that's the stuff. Exactly what went along. D1 XML2 NW. Been my truck EDC for years. Tank 007 for a backup. Modified head lamp ( that may have been at camp and not at the falls) and the little knife that could, my buddy "flick".

Last edited:

weklund

Enlightened
My little slice of heaven in Mexico ... Gonzaga Bay, BC ... Sea of Cortez.

Great fishing and flashlight country.

Video of our fishing hole on the Bay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSgtLzuZG0Y

The_Boys.jpg

GONZAGAGE2.jpg

GONZAGAGE1.jpg

Gonzaga_Marlin_Negro_Camp.jpg

WWE1.jpg

My trusty M3 VOB Mod XHP-70 with optic ... One of a kind.

M34.jpg

M33.jpg

Last edited:

weklund

Enlightened
What kind of fish is that on your line? I dont get much ocean fishing done in MO..

Hey Matt ... that is a Bass. Tasty fare. We always come home with a cooler full of seafood. Halibut, Clams, Yellow Tail, Grouper, Snaper, Dorado and Trigger fish to name a few.

The abundance and variety of fish in the Sea of Cortez around Gonzaga Bay is amazing.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Matt ... that is a Bass. Tasty fare. We always come home with a cooler full of seafood. Halibut, Clams, Yellow Tail, Grouper, Snaper, Dorado and Trigger fish to name a few.

The abundance and variety of fish in the Sea of Cortez around Gonzaga Bay is amazing.

Hmmm. I never would have guessed. The bass that we catch her in MO (one of our most common game fish) look much more like what Thud1023 has posted in his pic (Thanks for that BTW Thud).

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
3ifylWz

3ifylWz

xIMVKwv.jpg

1 month motorbike tour in Nepal and 1 month in Cambodia. :)

If you want to see more photos click here.

Gear: Maxpedition (Falcon backpack with several add-ons, Proteus Versipack, several pouches); Spec-Ops battle belt; Full size Black Ka-Bar; Benchmade Griptilian; Garmin GPSmap 62s; Convoy C8 XP-L Hi; Fenix HP30 Headlamp; Leatherman Charge; and as you can see in the photo a lot of other things. :grin2:

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icarus, that sounds sooooo amazing. Seriously there is no way I would rather travel than on a motorcycle. Love that picture of Janakpur, just beautiful.

Thanks for sharing!

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Bike is loaded down!

"That bike" is a Royal Enfield 500cc with the new UCI engine. They are build in Chennai in India. Perfect bike for this kind of trip. And yes, it was heavily loaded. In the mountains it was sometimes tricky because of the very bad roads (landslides, water crossings, etc...), steep up- and down hill and crazy traffic. :duck:

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
"That bike" is a Royal Enfield 500cc with the new UCI engine. They are build in Chennai in India. Perfect bike for this kind of trip. And yes, it was heavily loaded. In the mountains it was sometimes tricky because of the very bad roads (landslides, water crossings, etc...), steep up- and down hill and crazy traffic. :duck:
Great adventure and great set up. Thanks for the pics so we are able to journey with you!!

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thanks: I'm not only addicted to flashlights (I've too many :eek:) but also to travelling and motorbikes. :D