• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

GoingGear.com - Olight PL-1 Valkyrie Pistol Light is Here! 400 lumens, $99.95

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
Olight teased the PL-1 pistol light close to two years ago. I was super intrigued because it looked to be an awesome design and I knew it would be at a great price. There are some very nice pistol lights on the market, but they're all either well over $100 MSRP or pretty poor quality. A respected manufacturer like Olight entering the pistol light market had me really excited.

So, here we are two years later. Why did it take so long? In short, Olight wanted to make sure that it was a great product.

We've been torture testing the PL-1 through several prototype iterations with the help of some gun expert friends. The PL-1 has been tested on a lot of different guns in a lot of different calibers. The production version performed flawlessly in every test we threw at it. The quick release mount is tight and secure. The 400 lumens is floody enough for indoors and has enough throw to give you some decent outdoors distance. The ambidextrous switching is easy to use and super responsive. The blue nav light and strobe are only there when you want them, but still very easy to access.

A single CR123 or 16340 powers the light, allowing it to have some solid output at 400 lumens, but still being slim enough to fit in almost every existing holster made for other pistol lights. It's not quite single stack 9mm small, but the PL-1 is still a very compact and lightweight light. The blue nav light is just enough to see in front of you without having 400 lumens showing everyone where you are. By request of some military and LEO small arms trainers, strobe was added and is accessible with a quick double tap of either switch.

The switches are quiet, with a nice soft rubber feel. They give good feedback while and can be pressed from the rear or side on either side of the light. Pressing both switches at once gives you the blue nav light. Momentary is in there too, with a press and hold of more than a second.

All of that for $99.95. We will start shipping these in the next week or two and the demand is already very high, so get your pre-order in now.

Olight PL-1 Valkyrie Pistol Light

pl-1_valkyrie_2.jpg
pl-1_valkyrie_3.jpg

pl-1_valkyrie_1.jpg

DansGunBlog

Newly Enlightened
Very interesting... the weapon light arena has been sorely in need of some fresh blood for quite some time. It's largely been a question of Surefire vs Streamlight in recent years. This one looks very interesting indeed. Curious to see how well it holds up through hundreds/thousands of rounds.

Last edited:

DansGunBlog

Newly Enlightened
I'm really curious how intuitive the interface feels while handling the firearm, compared with Surefire and Streamlight (not very).

Last edited:

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
I'm really curious how intuitive the interface feels while handling the firearm, compared with Surefire and Streamlight (not very).

They have a great switching system on there. It doesn't require a ton of pressure and you can activate it from the rear or side, so it's easy to turn on and off.