2r7yz0.gif

3xylqx.gif

4pcll8.gif

5lgzyw.gif

61gykm.gif

Andreas

RCLumens

Enlightened
Awesome pics Andreas - The ET looks like a good light - as does that NiteCore MH20... Doe the MH heat up quickly?

Cheers - RC

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the DX30LC2 have memory such that it will turn on in the last mode used? Kind of had my eye on this one.

Chaitanya

Banned
Does the DX30LC2 have memory such that it will turn on in the last mode used? Kind of had my eye on this one.
Sadly all the newly released eagletac lights lack memory mode. It seems like the engineers at eagletac decided to be dumb when implementing new dual switch design.

markr6

Flashaholic
Dang, that MH20 really keeps up with these throwier XP-L HIs!

markr6

Flashaholic
Sadly all the newly released eagletac lights lack memory mode. It seems like the engineers at eagletac decided to be dumb when implementing new dual switch design.

That is a HUGE setback for me. People complained about a simple head twist, so maybe they listened and updated to the two-switch design. Could have been PERFECT, but they just missed the mark IMO. It's not horrible, but if you have 5 modes and use the second-highest mode a lot (for high output without sacrificing too much runtime), that's 4 clicks every time you turn it on :(

Chaitanya

Banned
exactly, they took one step in the right direction by getting rid of that head twist design(I am one of those who hated that design and the light almost died while changing modes on my SX25L3) but took 2 steps backwards by not implementing mode memory. I didn't understand why they couldn't implement a simple mode memory into it. All the other manufacturers like Fenix, Thrunite, Nitecore, etc... who have a two switch UI can implement a mode memory while still offering direct access to max and min mode. This entire generation of Eagletac lights is a miss for me, I will be saving my money for some other light.

Last edited:

Bedlam

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad I saw this, as I've been chomping at the bit to get the DX30LC2 since I saw it on Eagletac's website - just assumed it would have memory mode! The whole reason I don't use the D25LC2 as much as I could is the lack of memory mode on it, would have been gutted to get this and have the same issue on what otherwise seems a great light.

100eyes

Newly Enlightened
I personally enjoy this light for the exact reason that I can always trust it to turn on at max without prior setup. I just wish it had 3-4 modes, 5 is a bit much.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personally enjoy this light for the exact reason that I can always trust it to turn on at max without prior setup. I just wish it had 3-4 modes, 5 is a bit much.

yep exactly! memory sucks if that's all you have. coz i always forget what mode i left it at so i always end up getting a surprise.

at least with no memory you always know what you're gonna get

but of course direct-access to either LOW, MAX, STROBE from off is always good to have

UnderPar

Enlightened
I have this light. Personally, I really don't mind it having no memory at all but I know for sure that it will go ON at maximum all the time..... This is what I need especially during power outage which is rampant in our place. A ceiling bounce lights up my whole house once power fails. Very useful light for me....

Anyone have both this DX30LC2 and the Nitecore MH20 who can give a quick comparison as to which one they prefer for EDC purposes? The DX30LC2 looks really pocketable, despite being a good bit longer than the MH20, it looks so streamlined! Kinda like a fat pen. The extra throw seems nice, but if I bought it I'm not sure I'd prefer it over my MH20 so I'm hesitating lol.

utlgoa

Enlightened
I got mine the other day and love it, but I keep going back to the Thrunite T12 2014 which has a larger hotspot and memory.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have both this DX30LC2 and the Nitecore MH20 who can give a quick comparison as to which one they prefer for EDC purposes? The DX30LC2 looks really pocketable, despite being a good bit longer than the MH20, it looks so streamlined! Kinda like a fat pen. The extra throw seems nice, but if I bought it I'm not sure I'd prefer it over my MH20 so I'm hesitating lol.

I own both of those lights. I don't "edc" either of them. They're both really nice for what they are, but are quite different. Here's a few thoughts:

• The MH20 feels really fat, like really fat, to me. The width of a light bothers me more than the length, generally, so I'd say the EagleTac is definitely a better size/shape for edc.
  • The EagleTac has a better UI, in my opinion. The MH20 isn't bad at all when you get used to the unusual two-stage switch, but I really like a simpler UI like the EagleTac. Both lights have shortcuts to lowest & turbo outputs, so that's a wash but is nice to have.
  • The extra throw of the EagleTac is nice, like you said, but most edc tasks don't really require a lot of throw. I'd say the slightly more floody MH20 beam is probably better suited for "normal" edc tasks.
  • The lowest output on the EagleTac is way too bright. I like a great moonlight mode on my edc lights. The Nitecore is passable, the EagleTac isn't.

So it kinda feels like what I'm saying is that the MH20 is really a better "edc" light, unless you just can't get past the shape. The EagleTac is probably a more comfortable carry. But that's all just my opinion.

Meltz

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking at this light. Going from off to max is exactly what I've been wanting for self defense purposes. And for edc purposes going from off to min is great to have. How is this light as far as size? Is the size ok for pocket carrying?

UnderPar

Enlightened
I've been looking at this light. Going from off to max is exactly what I've been wanting for self defense purposes. And for edc purposes going from off to min is great to have. How is this light as far as size? Is the size ok for pocket carrying?

From the pictures above, this light is similar to the P200LC2 of ET but shorter than the Fenix PD35 and NC P12. It is also similar to the D25LC2 of ET.

Yes, it is pocketable. This is the light that is always in my pocket every night. If you have any other 18650 light, you may get its size details to get an idea of how the size of the DX30 is....

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pics andreas! Could you describe in words whether the pics are giving an accurate representation? To my eyes, the DX30LC2 has a just barely brighter hotspot than some of the others, despite being rated at double the candlepower. Although it's really hard to tell how much of a difference there is