• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

World’s 1st Flashlight With Remote Control From 10 Meters Away

BGroars

Enlightened
IMALENT DDT40 4xXML2 5180lm Multi-function Searching LED Flashlight Only sales $ 239.00 now

When was the last time that you bought a flashlight? If it's been a while, you'll be happy to know that today most people buy LED flashlights because they are a lot brighter, with a white instead of a yellow light, and they last longer.

Unnamed-QQ-Screenshot20150921170302-300x290.jpg

For those who are looking for a LED flashlight for camping, hunting, hiking, and night marching, or for group leaders, I would recommend Imalent's DDT40 multi-functional LED searching flashlight.

Unnamed-QQ-Screenshot20150921120123-300x199.jpg

About Imalent DDT40 Flashlight.

Imalent's DDT40 is a portable, palm size, multi-functional flashlight. It comes with a remote controller and it has a touch screen. It is a quality flashlight with output up to 5180 lumens, which allows you to see very far. More than that, it's waterproof and as bright as car lights.

Unnamed-QQ-Screenshot20150921114124-300x213.jpg

Remote Control

To turn on and off the light put the remote controller towards any receiver on one of the two sides of the flashlight. To start using the remote controller you need to turn the flashlight on first; from the button at the bottom of the flashlight. You can change the mode, and increase or decrease the brightness via the remote controller. Remote control is possible until 10 meters away.

Unnamed-QQ-Screenshot20150921114334-300x214.jpg

Battery

The Imalent DDT40 flashlight uses rechargeable batteries. You just need to unscrew the tail cap in the middle and place the batteries there.

Unnamed-QQ-Screenshot20150921134947-300x209.jpg

OLED Screen

Click the button on the right to turn the display screen on. First the lumen output will appear on the screen. You can use the touch mode buttons to change the brightness.

Unnamed-QQ-Screenshot20150921170011-300x226.jpg

When the light is on the mode touch buttons will have a little red light. If you click the silver buttons on the left side you can change the display and see the battery voltage, the battery status, the compass, and the temperature and humidity. If you click the silver button on the right side you turn off the flashlight and turn the left and right flood lights on.

You can lock and unlock the touch screen by clicking the power switch button.

When you see that the battery symbol on the OLED display starts blinking, it means that you need to replace the battery.

Unnamed-QQ-Screenshot20150921113948-289x300.jpg

Compass

On the OLED display you can see the compass. It is accurate up to 1 degree. The compass can be used even when the light is off. You just need to press the small button on the side of the light.

Unnamed-QQ-Screenshot20150921113821-280x300.jpg

Mount it on a Tripod

Unnamed-QQ-Screenshot20150921120024-300x213.jpg

The light can be mounted on a camera tripod, which makes it very convenient when you go camping. You can just place it on the ground.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh that is actually cool and useful. Can't wait for some reviews on it. Thanks BG for the heads up. I will be looking forward to reading and seeing more info on this light. Perhaps if it turns out to be a buyer, we can get a GB going! :)

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
I second the call for GB on this light. I would certainly like to test one out for myself to see how well the remote works in real world use. Do I understand correctly that it has a standby mode when turned on from the tail clicky?

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very interested in this. Hope someone does a detailed review soon! I can see myself sitting at a fishing hole lighting up the bank with this one. +1 for a gb

BGroars

Enlightened
Yeah, I also looking forward to know more info about this cool light.:kiss::kiss:
Oh that is actually cool and useful. Can't wait for some reviews on it. Thanks BG for the heads up. I will be looking forward to reading and seeing more info on this light. Perhaps if it turns out to be a buyer, we can get a GB going! :)

Last edited:

BGroars

Enlightened
:naughty::naughty:Just look forward to it together!
Very interested in this. Hope someone does a detailed review soon! I can see myself sitting at a fishing hole lighting up the bank with this one. +1 for a gb

BGroars

Enlightened
Yes, you are right. Hope you share the review of this lights with us soon!:twothumbs
I second the call for GB on this light. I would certainly like to test one out for myself to see how well the remote works in real world use. Do I understand correctly that it has a standby mode when turned on from the tail clicky?

Last edited:

JeffN

Enlightened
This light has been around for awhile -- there are several reviews on CPF. I bought one in February -- it works fairly well. The remote capability is nice but has some limitations -- I recommend reading the reviews.

Unless something has changed, beware the (standard) claim of "output up to 5,180 lumens". It doesn't do what that suggests. The main emitters are good for up to 4,000 lumens (YMMV) and the side emitters to 1,180 (again, YMMV), but they can't be used at the same time. There have been numerous complaints about the 5,180 claim -- again, read the reviews.

I bought mine through a GB that expired months ago.

BGroars

Enlightened
I agree with you, but anyway, this flashlight is a good product, right?:)
This light has been around for awhile -- there are several reviews on CPF. I bought one in February -- it works fairly well. The remote capability is nice but has some limitations -- I recommend reading the reviews.

Unless something has changed, beware the (standard) claim of "output up to 5,180 lumens". It doesn't do what that suggests. The main emitters are good for up to 4,000 lumens (YMMV) and the side emitters to 1,180 (again, YMMV), but they can't be used at the same time. There have been numerous complaints about the 5,180 claim -- again, read the reviews.

I bought mine through a GB that expired months ago.