Quark QP2A-X - Owner since November 2012-Got a new flashlight head!

caldeio

Newly Enlightened
Reid got a hold of me that day, and sent a new head out. Should be here soon and i'll update the post more.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything was great as you expect until this year or so.

I get pre-flash and it'll get stuck on moonlight mode (it's really slightly brighter, like 1 lumen but whatever). Fresh batteries, used batteries doesn't matter. Either mode will do the pre-flash/1lumen. It's horrible when I have low mode and turbo comes on for a split second.

Getting stuck in a single mode that doesn't normally exist on this light is weird and not useful at all(1 lumen). If you tighten or loosen the head it's still stuck, pressing the switch to switch modes just leaves it on the same mode. Only cycling off/on works.

Flashing turbo and then staying on in turbo isn't that bad in normal use but :confused:.

I've cleaned it and I paid to have it serviced at Foursevens. They sent it back with cleaned threads and a tighten pocket clip retainer and said it was fine. I even tried this; I tighten up the tail cap, head cap, pocket clip retainer, and it still isn't reliable in high mode. That should be the most reliable since it's just turbo and strobe right? I'd send it again but I just can't afford it. :(

I carry this flashlight everyday. It's not reliable anymore! I don't think I got a replacement either, because everything was getting discontinued?

---------------------------------------------------------------
So i'm going to order a Nitecore MH20 this weekend I think. 280 lumens meet 1000+!!

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Quark QP2A-X - Owner since November 2012

Go to their Clearance section. They have Gen 1 heads on sale for under $25! I think the one for $17 will work. But call them first. That is a cheap way to fix it. Of course you probably have already researched this.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Caldeio

Send me a email and we will replace the light. I am sorry to hear you are continuing to have problems with your light.

thank you
Reid

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic

Awesome warranty support! Not always the most exciting lights but I have 4 quarks I'll never sell.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awesome warranty support! Not always the most exciting lights but I have 4 quarks I'll never sell.
I doubt that's enough. I'm sure you could use another. Oh, wait, I think I might have a QP2L-X for sell :D. I don't exactly want to sell it but I'm trying to fund my first custom Ti light.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast

I didn't even notice that. I just checked international shipping and it quadruples just to go over the border into Canada.

recDNA

Flashaholic

Did foursevensca go out of business?

caldeio

Newly Enlightened

Ok I talked to Reid, and he sent me out a new flashlight head today as I was talking to him! Should be here soon and I'll update more then!

:twothumbs

Korgath

Newly Enlightened

The service is awesome. Guess you pay for it when purchasing the flashlight :)

caldeio

Newly Enlightened

They on accident sent me a QP2L-X head. I was unsure at first but I think it'll be a great light soon! Reid was a great help and even offered to send me another flashlight head but I declined. I hope they release a nice 18650 flashlight, I might have to buy one! ;)

So I think with all the info from this site I'm going to get a 2L body and 16650 keeppower battery. It's either that or two xtar 14500's as there 50.5mm. Suggestions?

Last edited:

They on accident sent me a QP2L-X head. I was unsure at first but I think it'll be a great light soon! Reid was a great help and even offered to send me another flashlight head but I declined. I hope they release a nice 18650 flashlight, I might have to buy one! ;)

So I think with all the info from this site I'm going to get a 2L body and 16650 keeppower battery. It's either that or two xtar 14500's as there 50.5mm. Suggestions?

Would you like that nice 18650 flashlight to be micro USB rechargeable? Say in the neighborhood of 800 lumens with a two hour runtime?

http://www.foursevens.com/products/MMR-X-AF I've had one for a couple of months. It is all of the above. :thumbsup:

Go with the Keeppower 16650 for longer run times in your 2L-QP2L-X light. Another home run.

~ Chance

Hey Crazy Eddie,

Honestly, I think you should save up your money for the brass one and send me your unobtainium FourSevens 18650 tube. :twothumbs Yes, I know that would be crazy. You're my only shot. :laughing:

What head are you referring to? If it's the Malstrom Regen you should purchase the whole light so you'll have the USB charging port. I like the blue and black ones. I don't know if you can purchase the MMR-X-AF head separately, or if it would work with your 18650 body.

~ Chance