saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
_DSC5851_zpszuzwl53f.jpg

_DSC5863_zpspy4osfqu.jpg

_DSC5870_zpspwc70nxc.jpg

_DSC5865_zpslmrpk6sv.jpg

_DSC5906_zpshxxcsk5c.jpg

_DSC5902_zpsoeho4bmz.jpg

Here is a shot of it reaching the clouds.
_DSC5830_zps07wne0tl.jpg

Distance to target 740'/225 meters. Shot at 50mm to approximate natural perspective. There was a little bit of smoke in the air from a bonfire behind me.
_DSC6024-2_zps04zyx3nh.jpg

Typical performance of 370Kcd!!! This is running off two cells. With a single 18650 performance is right at 300Kcd. Comes with a spare o-ring, holster, and lanyard. This is a multi-mode light with adjustable output and dedicated high and strobe modes. The LED is being run at 3.4A on two cells.
$580
Purchase here

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need one of these. Will they be very limited like the Deft-X or more availability like the TN31 you built a few years ago?

I understand you are a one man show that's why I'm gauging to see if I'll be able to snag one of these when they become available.

star_c_star

Enlightened
I still can't get over my two DEFT-X's, and neither can anyone else who sees their beams at night.

If a smaller version is available with even half the lux, I'd certainly want one (maybe two!).

Devildude

Enlightened
Wow, seeing the picture on my computer as opposed to the phone emphasizes the fact that I seriously want one. The beam angle looks really small. I would assume single cell only?

stingray3

Enlightened
Wow....I'm in for 1 or 2 for sure! When is the release date? Any ballpark figure on the price?

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need one of these. Will they be very limited like the Deft-X or more availability like the TN31 you built a few years ago?

I understand you are a one man show that's why I'm gauging to see if I'll be able to snag one of these when they become available.
This is going to be a smaller run than the DEFT-X. For sure 30 units. If I have the time there may be a few more. 45ish max. It is also the time of year where the Wavien contract is almost up so there is no guarantee of any availabliliy past mid December.

Wow, seeing the picture on my computer as opposed to the phone emphasizes the fact that I seriously want one. The beam angle looks really small. I would assume single cell only?
Single 18650 or two 123 size cells. Highest output on two cells. I will release the performance numbers when I have more units built out but right now I will just say that given the diameter of the main optic(EF 34.4mm) this thing has searing performance. This light has what I strive for in all my OMG stuff. It is somewhat difficult to explain succinctly. It hits a "sweet-spot" in size to performance.

Capolini

Banned
This is going to be a smaller run than the DEFT-X. For sure 30 units. If I have the time there may be a few more. 45ish max. It is also the time of year where the Wavien contract is almost up so there is no guarantee of any availabliliy past mid December.

Single 18650 or two 123 size cells. Highest output on two cells. I will release the performance numbers when I have more units built out but right now I will just say that given the diameter of the main optic(EF 34.4mm) this thing has searing performance. This light has what I strive for in all my OMG stuff. It is somewhat difficult to explain succinctly. It hits a "sweet-spot" in size to performance.

Michael,,,,,,,,,would they take 16340 rechargeable and/or primary cr123?

THANKS,,,,,,,,,

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast
THis is going to be amazing! My three Deft-X are going to be in great company! Oh and I can EDC that one.. awesome work Mike!!

stingray3

Enlightened
Save me one please! :naughty:

Please think about putting them up for sale on an early saturday night so we all have a chance to get one.

Last edited:

Xaios

Newly Enlightened
Dammit, wrong thread. That's what I get for having a million tabs open.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I have the older Deft EDC plus, etc...and, these are really handy form factors.

I can't wait to see the specs on these new versions.

:popcorn: