• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Oveready Mule Drop In

jdboy

Enlightened
I know with all the Triple Copper E series and Wasp threads getting the attention I wonder if anyone has checked out the new Custom Mule drop in?

EC_Snooker

Newly Enlightened
I'm a new guy around here so I don't have a whole lot to offer at the moment. I did however just order a 6P with the custom Mule drop in from Oveready. Dan was a huge help getting me pointed in right direction and I'll happily comment once I receive the light and have a chance to check it out. My limited to nonexistent experience with drop ins will probably not be of much use (but everybody has to start somewhere :)). I was hoping someone would comment on your question too because I was curious.

Last edited:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently received the XML mule and it has a flawless beam as advertised.

One question: does it have low voltage warning and cutoff like other Oveready dropins?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I recently received the XML mule and it has a flawless beam as advertised.

One question: does it have low voltage warning and cutoff like other Oveready dropins?

These are not microprocessor controlled like our Triples but will switch to low mode and flash to let you know its time for a recharge.

Last edited:

EC_Snooker

Newly Enlightened
I've been carrying my Mule Drop In for a couple weeks now and must say that I'm totally impressed with the light it puts out. It will literally light up a room. Not a light with real throw but definitely a full a pristine beam. I use mine nightly when I walk my dogs and couldn't be more pleased with my first drop in purchase.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
So 3-5v. This means not good to use two aa's right, would pretty much start flashing right away?

These are not microprocessor controlled like our Triples but will switch to low mode and flash to let you know its time for a recharge.

qmtu

Enlightened
I have a XPL mule drop in from Oveready. The output and beam are awesome. Really want to try the 219B one.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
So 3-5v. This means not good to use two aa's right, would pretty much start flashing right away?
Yes, these are not intended for AA operation. I'm considering a DD mode in the next batch that would allow for more voltage flexibility.

GoBow

Newly Enlightened
Recently received my xpl mule and really like it. Thanks Oveready!!! Thinking that need one for work... What difference would the 219 make vs the xpl? Brighter, better cri, tint?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
What difference would the 219 make vs the xpl? Brighter, better cri, tint?

They are the same power level.
XPL is brighter (more efficient)
XPL is cool, 219 is neutral
XPL is low cri, 219 is high cri

Choose XPL for output and 219 for color

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I would love a Mule drop in for my 18500 host, which I'm assuming this one would not be best suited for either..
Sorry for the confusion, its all about voltage...

These are not suited for a AA (1.5v) battery installed into a sleeve in a 18500 host.

These ARE suited for an 18500 (4.2v) battery install into an 18500 host.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are these potted? I would like one for a rifle.

Out of curiosity, the mule has a pure flood beam. How will you use it for rifle shooting? Close quarter defense?

MMD

Enlightened
Yes. Close quarters defense. I do not wish to have tunnel vision.

I like a throw light for a varmint rifle.