• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

This is Inspiration

okluma

Enlightened
A couple summers ago, I had the opportunity to ride a motorcycle up to Canada and then down the Continental Divide (commonly known as the CDT) all the way to Mexico. I thought the trip was going to be a vacation, but it turned out to be way more difficult than I was expecting. The people I met and the landscape I saw were nothing short of amazing. Close to two years later, and I still love looking at the pictures so I'll share them with you guys too.

This is the second day of the trip. The previous day had been all pavement, and that evening I slept in the Guymon OK city park. This picture was taken at the Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado intersection.
14523750579_c0151abda1_z.jpg

Nutdip

Newly Enlightened
As someone who has had 42 bikes in the last 35 years, ridden over a million miles in more countries than I can remember, I'd say my passions run deep with yours my brother. lol

EJg5EML.jpg

F6Msn3T.jpg

PXYjEdX.jpg

okluma

Enlightened
Nice! Those are some good looking bikes. What are you riding now?

I'd totally forgotten about this thread. Sorry guys.

Here's a little bit further on my trip. This heading north down Phantom Canyon Rd, just a bit west of Pueblo CO.
14523725100_a06cba8f54_z.jpg

okluma

Enlightened
Headed north on Phantom Canyon road.
14523727838_5c5cb8f323_z.jpg

A quick stop for a picture of Lake Dillon reservoir.
14710368115_7f2d0cb713_z.jpg

okluma

Enlightened
From the Dillion reservoir I made my way North towards Steamboat. Along the way I ran into a pretty decent storm. Normally I don't mind riding in the rain, but I actually had to stop because the rain was so heavy I couldn't see. There was a little town along the way called Kremmling and they've got a decent coffee shop along the way called Big Shooter coffee. There is also a little bakery in Kremmling that a lady runs out of her house.

14710067282_462350abf2_z.jpg

I camped outside of Steamboat for a while and went exploring without all my gear. This is on the way to Long's Lake, just east of Steamboat.

14531103930_f811064e48_z.jpg

These were taken at Long's Lake. It may look very peaceful and serene, but there were clouds of mosquitoes. If I stopped, I had about a minute before mosquitoes started finding their way inside my helmet with my visor down.
14694771576_47a7a4681e_z.jpg

14714596051_93b1ab725b_z.jpg

CLBME

Enlightened
Great thread Jeff. I too, used to spend a lot of time on a bike. I made a solo cross-country trip across the trans-Canadian highway spending some time in Banff National Park and then went up Mount Hood where I camped above the clouds. It was quite a while ago and on a Honda Magna, a great smooth riding shaft-driven bike. I had a Ninja for a while and then gave them up after college. After a long hiatus I ended up on a Harley Road King, which I ended up selling after my wife was pregnant with our first child. I haven't been on a bike since. I do miss it but I don't expect to be on one again. Looking forward to more pictures. Safe riding.